一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. People at the party worried about him, because no one was aware _______ he had gone.
A. of where
B. of the place where
D. the place
2. This kind of material expands _______ the temperature increasing.
—That’s a beautiful dress you have on!
A. Oh, thanks. I got it yesterday.
B. Sorry, it’s too cheap.
C. You can have it
D. See you later.
4. Tom, what did you do with my documents? I have never seen such a ______ and disorder!
5. While I was in the university, I learned taking a photo, _______ is very useful now for me.
— Shall we sit up here on the grass or down there near the water?
A. I’d rather stay here if you don’t mind.
B. Sorry, I don’t like neither
C. Certainly, why not?
D. Yes, we like these two places.
—Marilyn, I’m afraid I have to be leaving now.
A. That sounds wonderful.
B. Oh, so early?
C. Not at all.
D. Good luck!
8. The students were all entertained in a Mexican restaurant, at Professor Brian’s ______.
— May I use your bike for a moment?
A. It’s well.
B. It doesn’t matter.
C. By all means.
D. I have no idea.
10. A sudden noise of a fire-engine made him _______ to the door.
D. to hurry
—Haven’t seen you for ages! What are you busy doing now?
A. I hate the weather here
B. My hair is getting a bit longer
C. Yeah, thanks for coming
D. I am working part time in a bookshop, you know.
12. ______ the War of Independence, the United States was an English colony.
13. No matter ______, the little sisters managed to round the sheep up and drive them back home safely.
A. it was snowing hard
B. hard it was snowing
C. how it was snowing hard
D. how hard it was snowing
—Hi, welcome back! Had a nice trip?
A. Oh, fantastic! Fresh air, and sunshine every day.
B. Come on, I’ve got lots of fun.
C. By the way, I don’t like Saturdays.
D. Well, I’ll look forward to your phone call.
15. If she wants to stay thin, she must make a ______ in her diet.
— How do you do? Glad to meet you.
A. Fine. How are you?
B. How do you do? Glad to meet you, too.
C. How are you? Thank you!
D. Nice. How are you?
— Would you mind changing seats with me?
A. Yes, you can.
B. Of course, I like to.
C. No, I don’t mind.
D. Certainly, please do.
— Hi, is Mary there, please?
A. Hold on. I’ll get her.
B. No, she isn’t here
C. Yes, she lives here.
D. Yes, what do you want?
—Why didn’t you come to my birthday party yesterday?
A. Excuse me, my friend sent me a flower.
B. Fine, I never go to birthday parties.
C. Ha…ha, I don’t like birthday parties.
D. Sorry, but my wife had a car accident
20. A police officer claimed that the young man had attempted to _______ paying his fare.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册