一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. ____________he is absent, what shall we do?
A. Now that
B. Seeing that
D. Supposing that
2. My father told me to behave _______, when I got my first job as an accountant.
3. Most of his great novels and plays were not published or known to the public ________ his tragic (悲剧) death in 1786.
A. even before
B. ever since
C. until afteruntil after
D. until before
4. He has no tickets __________ for Friday’s performance.
C. applicable applicable
5. Never lose heart ________ difficulty you may meet with.
6. It’s not polite to ______ a person while he is talking with others.
7. The mouse never _______ too far from it hole.
8. ____________the 1500's____________the first Europeans explored the coast of California.
A. It was not until ... when
B. It is until ... that
C. It is not until ... when It is not until ... when
D. It was not until ... that
9. That tree looked as if it ____ for a long time.
A. hasn’t watered
B. hadn’t been watered
C. didn’t waterdidn’t water
D. wasn’t watered
10. We want Taylor in jail where we can ____________ him.
A. keep up with
B. keep in
C. keep an eye on keep an eye on
D. keep on
11. Fred turned his head, trying to ________ breathing in the smoke.
12. If he had worked harder, he ______ the exams.
A. must have got through
B. would get through
C. would have got through would have got through
D. could get through
13. I wish I _____ longer this morning, but I had to get up and come to class.
A. could have slept
C. might have sleptmight have slept
D. have slept
14. We have been studying German ________ we entered this school.
C. as as
15. He seemed to have been asleep, so I said nothing, but sat ________ he would see me ________ waking.
A. whether; when
16. It was an invention which laid the ____________ of modern radio technology.
17. Professor Edward was invited to join a three-year research _______ in California.
18. ________ I strongly disagree with the court’s decision, I accept it.
19. _____ right now, she would get there on Sunday.
A. Would she leave
B. If she leaves
C. Were she to leaveWere she to leave
D. If she had left
20. Their new house is said to be ________ on this street, but we cannot find it.
21. Young____________John was, he was able to swim across the channel within minutes.
22. It is vital that enough money ____ to fund the subject.
A. be collected
B. must be collected
C. is collectedis collected
D. can be collected
23. ________ we are allowed ________ , we can’t drink any beer.
A. As long as; to do
B. If; to
C. Unless; toUnless; to
D. On condition that; doing so
24. Take an umbrella with you ___________ it might rain.
A. even if
B. in case
25. Both candidates are ______ millions _____ television advertising.
D. spending …on…
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册