一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. Never before _________ so highly successful in his attempts to modify the weather on a very small scale.
A. man has been
B. man is
C. has man been
D. will be man
2. The following year, ______ victories in local elections strengthened the Conservatives’ position.
A. a series of
B. a link of
C. a pattern of
D. a connection of
3. Whether it is desirable or not ______ the importance of avoiding rejects versus the importance of avoiding cost increases
A. relates to
B. consists of
C. engages in
D. depends on
4. The general secretary’s decision to invest was a ______ mistake, resulting in a heavy loss of money.
5. Tom's father, as well as his mother, _____ in New York for a few days more.
A. ask him to stay
B. asks him to stay
C. ask he should stay
D. asks he should stay
6. Joint ventures may ______ labor contracts with the employees according to their needs in production and management operations.
7. With flowers and trees ________ everywhere, the city took on a new look.
A. to be planted
B. being planted
8. _______ is announced in the papers, a nation-wide sports meeting will be held in the city next month.
9. You are legally ______ to take faulty goods back to the store where you bought them.
10. Recent laws have tended to______ the freedom of the press in this country.
11. — You were brave enough to raise objections at the meeting. — Well, now I regret _________ that.
A. having done
B. to have done
C. to be doing
D. to do
12. Most schools have plans in place for ______ to fires, fights, medical emergencies and other situations that call for quick assessment and decisive action.
13. ______ that they’re young and inexperienced, they’ve done quite a good job.
14. It was suggested that this problem _________ at the next meeting.
A. was discussed
B. will be discussed
C. have to be discussed
D. be discussed
15. The labor contract includes the rights and obligations of the employers and employees, employment and training of the worker, the ______ term of the contract, wage, etc
16. For such a tiny woman she had a(n)______ courage to fight against two thieves.
17. Winning by a narrow ______, the Lakers now go on to play in the championship. .
18. Every year we say we’ll spend less at Christmas, and every year it still _______.
A. keeps under control
B. comes to the end
C. gets out of hand
D. goes beyond reach
— John wants to see you today.
— I would rather he _______ tomorrow than today.
C. should come
D. could come
20. On the whole speculation is ______ upon because it sometimes drives prices up.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册