一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. Every country tries to maintain a(n) ______ balance of trade, which assures it of the means to buy necessary imports.
2. A marine shale, once believed to be a black mud rich in organic compounds, is a common source rock to ______ oil.
3. Americans eat______vegetables per person today as they did in 1910.
A. twice as much
B. as twice many
C. twice as many
D. as twice much
4. I know Jonathan quite well and never doubt ______he can do a good job of it.
5. If it_____tomorrow, we will stay indoors to have our training class.
C. will rain
D. is raining
6. The views of young people today on politics, social attitudes and life goals greatly ______ from their baby boomer parents.
7. He left orders that nothing ______ until the police arrived.
A. was touched
B. had been touched
C. should be touched
D. was to be touched
8. He_____ have completed his work; otherwise, he wouldn't be enjoying himself by the seaside.
9. Over the past decades, sea ice in the Arctic（北极）______ as a result of global warming.
A. had decreased
B. will decrease
C. has been decreasing
D. is decreasing
10. There are two rooms in the house, ____serves as a kitchen.
A. the smaller of which
B. the smaller of that
C. the smallest of which
D. the smallest of that
11. Thank heavens! You have come back home. You should be thankful that you have escaped with only ______ injuries.
12. The methods used to achieve these aims will be described later, and ______ can be seen broadly as a focusing on to a target.
A. up to now
B. so far
C. as yet
D. for the present
13. ____ twice, the postman refused to deliver our letters unless we chained our dog.
A. Being bitten
C. Having bitten
D. To be bitten
14. The annual income of school teachers in this place was ______ at＄900.
15. Anthropology, the study of humanity, makes extensive use of comparative method in its ______ of human behavior and human society
16. He____the maths examination if he had worked hard enough, but he didn't.
A. would pass
B. had passed
C. would have passed
17. The taxi driver was put in ______prison because his car had knocked down a child. His wife went to______ prison to see him twice a month.
A. /; /
B. the; the
C. /; the
D. the; /
18. By no means______to move to a new place far away from her workplace, because it isn't convenient for her family and herself.
A. Jane will agree
B. will Jane agree
C. Jane will disagree
D. will Jane disagree
19. Having taken our seats,______.
A. the professor began the lecture
B. the lecture began in no time
C. we were attracted by the lecturer immediately
D. the bell announced the beginning of the lecture
20. Scientists have discovered genetic variations that make people more likely to get ______ on cigarettes and more prone to develop lung cancer.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册