一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）
1. Now in Britain, wines take up four times as much () in the storehouse as both beer and spirits.
2. There is a () of impatience in the tone of his voice.
3. Owing to () competition among the airlines, travel expenses have been reduced considerably.
4. I had just posted the letter when I remembered that hadn’t () the cheque.
5. The () at the military academy is so rigid that students can hardly bear it.
6. John doesn’t believe in () medicine; he has some remedies of his own.
7. Mass advertising helped to () the emphasis from the production of goods to their consumption.
8. If people feel hopeless, they don’t bother to () the skills they need to succeed.
9. All human beings have a comfortable zone regulating the () they keep from someone they talk with.
10. All the arrangements should be completed () your departure.
A. prior to
B. superior to
C. contrary to
D. parallel to
11. Our manager is () an important customer now and he will be back this afternoon.
A. calling on
B. calling in
C. calling up
D. calling for
12. Any donation you can give will help us () the suffering and isolation of the homeless this New Year.
13. Considering your salary, you should be able to () at least twenty dollars a week.
A. put forward
B. put up
C. put out
D. put aside
14. The film provides a deep () into a wide range of human qualifies and feelings.
15. We need to create education standards that prepare our next generation who will be () with an even more competitive market.
16. In the Mediterranean seaweed is so abundant and so easily harvested that it is never of great ().
17. Companies are struggling to find the right () between supply and demand, but it is no easy task.
18. Though she began her () by singing in a local pop group, she is now a famous Hollywood movie star.
19. Nancy is only a sort of () of her husband’s opinion and has no ideas of her own.
20. The police are trying to find out the () of the woman killed in the traffic accident.
21. Within two weeks of arrival, all foreigners had to () with the local police.
22. When carbon is added to iron in proper () the result is steel.
23. Such crimes may be so complex that months or years go by before anyone () them.
B. will discover
C. would have discovered
24. His hand shook a little as he () the key in the lock.
25. He was such a () speaker that he held our attention every minute of the three-hour lecture.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册