一、单选题（共 40 道试题，共 80 分。）V 1. It’s bad _______ for you to smoke in the public places where smoking is not allowed.
2. —I was worried about my maths, but Mr. Brown gave me an A. —______
A. Don’t worry about it.
B. Congratulations! That’s a difficult course.
C. Mr. Brown is very good.
D. Good luck to you!
3. — Shall we sit up here on the grass or down there near the water? — _______
A. I’d rather stay here if you don’t mind.
B. Sorry, I don’t like neither.
C. Certainly, why not?
D. Yes, we like these two places.
4. You shouldn’t ______ your time like that, Bob; you have to finish your school work tonight.
5. While I was in the university, I learned taking a photo, _______ is very useful now for me.
6. It is required that all the teachers in the department ______ on a picnic next Saturday.
A. to go
D. might go
7. — The physics exam is not difficult, is it? — _______. Even Harry _______ to the top students failed in it.
A. Yes; belongs
B. No; belonged
C. Yes; belonging
D. No; belonging
8. — David injured his leg playing football yesterday. — Really? ______
A. Who did that?
B. What’s wrong with him?
C. How did that happen?
D. Why was he so careless?
9. —Haven’t seen you for ages! What are you busy doing now? —______
A. I hate the weather here.
B. My hair is getting a bit longer.
C. Yeah, thanks for coming.
D. I am working part time in a bookshop, you know.
10. In _______, the northerners have a particular liking for dumplings while the southerners are fond of rice.
11. ______a few flowers in the garden, there is nothing else there.
A. Except for
B. Excepting for
C. Except that
12. The girl is ______ of a film star.
13. The atmosphere ______ certain gases mixed together in definite proportions.
A. composes of
B. is made up
C. consists of
D. makes up of
14. There’s lots of fruit _______ the tree. Our little cat is also in the tree.
15. Today’s weather is ______ worse than yesterday’s.
C. very much
D. much too
16. How much has the company _______ this year?
A. brought in
B. brought down
C. brought out
D. brought on
17. The young actor who had been thought highly of _______ to be a great disappointment.
A. turned up
B. turned out
C. turned down
D. turned in
18. We are interested in the weather because it ______ us so directly — what we wear, what we do, and even how we feel.
19. It was getting _______, he had to stop to have a rest.
A. very darker
B. dark and dark
C. darker and darker
D. darkest and darkest
20. —It’s cold in here. Do you mind if I close the door? —______.
A. With pleasure
B. Yes, please
C. Of course not
D. Thank you
21. The sports meeting was put off till the next week ______ rain.
A. in spite of
D. because of
22. John’s father ______ mathematics in this school ever since he graduated from Harvard University.
C. has taught
D. is teaching
23. —Thank you for inviting me. —______
A. I really had a happy time.
B. Oh, it’s too late
C. Thank you for coming
D. Oh, so slowly?
24. He waited and waited and at last a gentleman _______ came forward.
A. dressing the black suit
B. wears a black suit
C. in a black suit
D. with the black suit
25. He didn’t pass the final examination. He ______ it.
A. must have prepared for
B. ought to prepare for
C. ought to have prepared for
D. ought to prepare for
26. Never before ______ see such a terrible car accident on the road!
A. I have
B. have I
C. I did
D. did I
27. It is said that ______ boys in your school like playing football in their spare time, though others prefer basketball.
A. quite a lot
B. quite a few
C. quite a bit
D. quite a little
28. Had you come five minutes earlier, you ______ the train to Birmingham. But now you missed it.
A. would catch
B. would have caught
C. could catch
D. should catch
29. — Do you mind changing seats with me? — _______
A. Yes, you can.
B. Of course, I like to.
C. No, I don’t mind
D. Certainly, please do.
30. We should give the seat to _______ is old or sick.
31. — Doctor, I don’t feel well. — _______
A. You are fine.
B. It doesn’t matter.
C. What’s the matter?
D. Don’t take it seriously.
32. — Hi, is Mary there, please? — _______
A. Hold on. I’ll get her.
B. No, she isn’t here.
C. Yes, she lives here.
D. Yes, what do you want?
33. —How often do you go dancing? —______the road!
A. I will go dancing tomorrow.
C. Every other day.
D. I’ve been dancing for a year.
34. It is the best _______ I have seen.
35. It is often more difficult to find trained men than ______ for scientific research.
A. getting financial support
B. to getting financial support
C. to get financial support
D. in getting financial support
36. — How are you feeling? — Much better. _______
A. Thanks for coming to see me.
B. You look great.
C. You are so kind.
D. Don’t mention it.
37. What is the train _____ to Birmingham?
38. I do not intend to follow that, because we shall have an opportunity to do so on another ______.
39. The young lady coming over to us ______ our English teacher; the way she walks tells us that!
A. must be
B. can be
C. would be
D. could be
40. — May I use your bike for a moment? — _______
A. It’s well.
B. It doesn’t matter.
C. By all means.
D. I have no ide
二、判断题（共 10 道试题，共 20 分。）V 1. The boy ran to his mother cry
2. Being an honest man, Mr Wang worked very hard.
3. I am agree with it.
4. Comparing with the bike, the car runs much faster.
5. It is no use crying over the spilt milk.
6. When he walking in the park, he felt a little tired.
7. Because she is ill, so she is absent today.
8. The old man likes take a walk in the village after supper.
9. Only make efforts, you can get good results.
10. Bird can fly.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册