一、单选题（共 40 道试题，共 80 分。）V 1. We should give the seat to _______ is old or sick.
2. In _______, the northerners have a particular liking for dumplings while the southerners are fond of rice.
3. Neither John ______ his father was able to wake up early enough to catch the morning train.
4. People at the party worried about him, because no one was aware _______ he had gone.
A. of where
B. of the place where
D. the place
5. The young lady coming over to us ______ our English teacher; the way she walks tells us that!
A. must be
B. can be
C. would be
D. could be
6. —Why didn’t you come to my birthday party yesterday? —______
A. Excuse me, my friend sent me a flower.
B. Fine, I never go to birthday parties.
C. Ha…ha, I don’t like birthday parties.
D. Sorry, but my wife had a car accident
7. I was giving a talk to a large group of people, the same talk I ______ to half a dozen other groups before.
A. was giving
B. am giving
C. had given
D. have given
8. — It’s a good idea. But who’s going to _______ the plan? — I think John and Peter will.
A. carry out
B. get through
C. take in
D. set aside
9. I was satisfied with her explanation, ______.
A. so my classmates were
B. so were my classmates
C. so my classmates did
D. so did my classmates
10. The computer system _______ suddenly while he was searching for information on the Internet.
A. broke down
B. broke out
C. broke up
D. broke in
11. — Shall we sit up here on the grass or down there near the water? — _______
A. I’d rather stay here if you don’t mind.
B. Sorry, I don’t like neither.
C. Certainly, why not?
D. Yes, we like these two places.
12. There’s lots of fruit _______ the tree. Our little cat is also in the tree.
13. _______ his examination of the patient, the doctor wrote out a prescription.
A. Having finished
D. Having been finished
14. John’s father ______ mathematics in this school ever since he graduated from Harvard University.
C. has taught
D. is teaching
15. Never before ______ see such a terrible car accident on the road!
A. I have
B. have I
C. I did
D. did I
16. It is required that all the teachers in the department ______ on a picnic next Saturday.
A. to go
D. might go
17. Tom, what did you do with my documents? I have never seen such a ______ and disorder!
18. The sports meeting was put off till the next week ______ rain.
A. in spite of
D. because of
19. —How often do you go dancing? —______the road!
A. I will go dancing tomorrow.
C. Every other day.
D. I’ve been dancing for a year.
20. Charles regretted ______ the TV set last year. The price has now come down.
B. to buy
21. —Thanks for your help. —______
A. My pleasure.
B. Never mind.
C. Quite right.
D. Don’t thank me.
22. — How do you do? Glad to meet you. — _______
A. Fine. How are you?
B. How do you do? Glad to meet you, too.
C. How are you? Thank you!
D. Nice. How are you?
23. A police officer claimed that the young man had attempted to _______ paying his fare.
24. Today’s weather is ______ worse than yesterday’s.
C. very much
D. much too
25. The new order means ______ overtime.
C. to work
26. — What will you buy for your boyfriend’s birthday? — I want to buy a _______ wallet for him.
A. black leather small
B. small black leather
C. small leather black
D. black small leather
27. Mother doesn’t know _______ the hammer after her son had used it!
A. where did her son put
B. where her son putting
C. where her son put
D. where to put
28. I do not intend to follow that, because we shall have an opportunity to do so on another ______.
29. — Hey, Tom, what’s up? — _______
A. Yes, definitely!
B. Oh, not much.
C. What is happening in you life?
D. You are lucky.
30. The young _______ interested in pop music.
31. I am _______ of money at the moment. Could you lend me some?
32. He waited and waited and at last a gentleman _______ came forward.
A. dressing the black suit
B. wears a black suit
C. in a black suit
D. with the black suit
33. _______ is the population of Paris?
A. How many
B. How much
34. How much has the company _______ this year?
A. brought in
B. brought down
C. brought out
D. brought on
35. The young actor who had been thought highly of _______ to be a great disappointment.
A. turned up
B. turned out
C. turned down
D. turned in
36. —Haven’t seen you for ages! What are you busy doing now? —______
A. I hate the weather here.
B. My hair is getting a bit longer.
C. Yeah, thanks for coming.
D. I am working part time in a bookshop, you know.
37. Jane’s dress is similar in design ______ her siste’s.
38. The atmosphere ______ certain gases mixed together in definite proportions.
A. composes of
B. is made up
C. consists of
D. makes up of
39. When Lily came home at 5 p.m. yesterday, her mother ______ dinner in the kitchen.
B. was cooking
D. has cooked
40. The students were all entertained in a Mexican restaurant, at Professor Brian’s ______
二、判断题（共 10 道试题，共 20 分。）V 1. It is no use crying over the spilt milk.
2. Only make efforts, you can get good results.
3. Comparing with the bike, the car runs much faster.
4. As is known to all that science plays an important role in development.
5. Looking at him in rags, she felt embarrassed.
6. When he walking in the park, he felt a little tired.
7. He will going to travel by car.
8. It is clear that the earth turns around the sun.
9. I am agree with it.
10. The picture is about a poor little girl lived in old China.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册