一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. There's no doubt that modern people have less and less personal space thanks _____ beepers, cell phones and e-mail.
2. Tom is going to a concert tomorrow evening. So ______.
A. I am
B. am I
C. I will
D. will I
3. Throughout their history, Americans have been people _____ the move.
4. The cold and dry climate of Antarctica _____ it one of the toughest places on Earth to live.
5. Mickey: You look a little pale. Are you OK?
Nancy: _______, I feel terrible.
A. To speak out
B. To begin with
C. To tell you the truth
D. To sum up
6. The good service at the hotel _____ the poor food to some extent..
A. made up for
B. made up
C. made for
D. made out
7. Salina: Dear Jacky, why don't you come on holiday with us? Jacky: ______
A. How dare you invite me? I won't go.
B. Yeah, thanks anyway.
C. Whether I'll go or not is not your business, ok?
D. That's very kind of you. I'd love to.
8. You'll have to pay for the holiday in ______, Sir.
9. A: East Bouren 54655.
B: Hello. Terresa here. Can I speak to Jack, please?
A. Who's that speaking?
B. Could you take a message?
C. I think she's gone shopping.
D. Hold the line, please.
10. I suggested ______ fishing.
A. that we going
B. that we to go
C. that we go
D. that we went
11. Even students of average______ can be top students without additional work.
12. Jackson: What's there to do at night?
Clerk: There are clubs, concerts, plays, and so on._______!
A. You make it
B. You name it
C. You find it
D. You manage it
13. Speaker A: We've made an appointment with the students. We'll meet at 7 in the morning. Can you come on time? Speaker B: I'm afraid, _________ . It's too early.
A. I can't do it
B. I can't get it
C. I can't make it
D. I can't achieve it
14. As the ocean water changes to ice, it keeps the temperature _____ falling too far.
15. Pupil: I apologize for being late this morning. My alarm clock didn't ring. Teacher: ______
A. Would you please forgive me? I never accept any apologies at all.
B. That's all right. These things often happen.
C. Thank you. You're really too kind apologizing to me.
D. Never min
E. You don't have to be so polite.
16. The music that Americans are used to _____ to might sound strange to someone from another culture.
B. be listened
17. It's very cold outside. You
______ put on your overcoat.
A. had better to
B. would better to
C. had better
D. would better
18. According ______ travel agents, the growth trend in travel is the half-week sneak-away built around a weekend.
19. Today, many cultures divide music _____ art music and music of the people.
20. A: Firstly, allow me to introduce myself. My name is John Brown, manager of the company. B: ______
A. You must be mistaken. I don't know you at all.
B. How do you do, Mr. Brown? Very happy to see you.
C. Hello, Brown! I haven't seen you for ages.
D. Hi, John! Welcome to China.
21. Processed food and food _____ contains chemicals and preservatives should be avoided.
22. —I'm told Jerry's mother is ill. —________.
A. I'm sad.
B. I'm sorry to hear that.
C. Don't worry.
D. Take it easy.
23. Quite a lot of people watch TV only to ______ time.
24. I have classes ______ day: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
A. each other
B. every other
C. on one way or another
D. any other
25. Food alone is not the _____ of energy.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册