一、单选题（共 50 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. The reason I plan to go is ____________if I don't.
A. because she will be unhappy
B. that she will be unhappy
C. what she will be unhappy
D. for she will be unhappy
2. The new order means overtime.
C. to work
3. ____________he works hard, I don't mind when he finishes the experiment.
A. As soon as
B. As well as
C. So far as
D. So long as
4. This is ____________ I want to tell you.
5. It's bad for you to smoke in the public places where smoking is not allowed.
6. — Shall we sit up here on the grass or down there near the water?— __________________.
A. It’s very kind of you
B. No, I wouldn’t
C. Yes, please
D. Here you are
7. — Please help yourself to the seafood — ______________.
A. No, I can't.
B. Sorry, I can't help.
C. Well, seafood don't suit for.
D. Thanks, but I don't like the seafood.
8. The higher the standard of living,____________.
A. the greater is the amount of paper is used
B. the greater amount of paper is used
C. the amount of paper is used is greater
D. the greater the amount of paper is used
9. Will you _________me a favor, please?
10. The young actor who had been thought highly of ________ to be a great disappointment.
A. turned up
B. turned out
C. turned down
D. turned in
11. Before the final examination, some students have shown ______of tension. They even have trouble in sleeping.
12. Word has come____________some guests from Canada will visit our school.
13. ____________is unknown to me.
A. Where he is
B. Where is he
C. He is where
D. Is he where
14. — What’s his mother like? —
A. She's very happy
B. She's at home
C. She likes watching TV
D. She's tall and thin
15. — Congratulations! You won the first prize in today's speech contest. — __________________.
A. Yes, I beat the others.
B. No, no, I didn't do it well.
C. Thank you.
D. It's a pleasure
16. He was willing to speak to the reporters____________ he was not identified.
A. on condition that
B. in case
C. suppose that
D. for fear that
17. We must do well____________the boss assigns us to do.
18. The problem is not so easy as you think. It's far from being settled.
19. —What will you buy for your boyfriend's birthday? —I want to buy a _________wallet for him.
A. black leather small
B. small black leather
C. small leather black
D. black small leather
20. She has two best friends. of them is in the country.
C. No one
21. — It's time to tidy your room, Harry! —See the tidy room, Mum! _________ is where it should be.
22. A good many proposals were raised by the delegates,____________was to be expected.
23. ____________is a fact that English is accepted as an international language.
24. Women workers wear hats ____________their hair gets caught in the machinery.
B. in case
25. — It's a good idea. But who's going to _________ the plan? — I think John and Peter will.
A. carry out
B. get through
C. take in
D. set aside
26. Mrs. Lee will move into her new house next Monday, ____________it will be completely furnished.
A. by that time
B. by the time
C. by which time
D. by some time
27. — May I use your bike for a moment?— ____________________________
A. It's well.
B. It doesn't matter.
C. By all means.
D. I have no idea
28. A student, ____________ name I don't know, came to see me.
29. We don't doubt ____________ he can make a good job of it.
30. The manager will not _________ us to use his car.
31. ____________he is absent, what shall we do?
A. Now that
B. Seeing that
D. Supposing that
32. I was giving a talk to a large group of people, the same talk I to half a dozen other groups before.
A. was giving
B. am giving
C. had given
D. have given
33. It happened____________Lisa wasn't there at that time.
34. Hi, is Mary there, please?— __________________.
A. Hold on. I'll get her.
B. No, she isn't here.
C. Yes, she lives here.
D. Yes, what do you want?
35. The water gives up energy and becomes cooler____________the ice receives energy and melts.
36. — Who is John Smith? — He is the speaker ____________ heard last week.
A. which we would have
B. we would have
D. we had
37. — Would you mind changing seats with me?— __________________.
A. I'd rather stay here if you don't mind.
B. Sorry, I don't like neither.
C. Certainly, why not?
D. Yes, we like these two places
38. I didn't remember his name____________after I had greeted him.
39. The crime was discovered till 48 hours later,____________gave the criminal plenty of time to get away.
40. I recognized her____________I saw her.
A. the instant (that)
C. if not
41. We'll visit Europe next year ____________we have enough money.
42. I will give this book to____________wants to have it.
43. — Can you go to the concert with us this evening?— __________________.
A. No, I already have plans.
B. I'd love to, but I'm busy tonight.
C. No, I really don't like being with you.
D. I'm ill, so I shouldn't go out.
44. — How do you do? Glad to meet you.— __________________.
A. Fine. How are you?
B. How do you do? Glad to meet you, too.
C. How are you? Thank you!
D. Nice. How are you?
45. ____________you don't like him is none of my business.
46. — Must I take a taxi?— No, you_________. You can take my car.
A. had better to
C. must not
D. don't have to
47. — We are going to have a singing party tonight. Would you like to join us?— __________________
A. I'm afraid not, because I have to go to an important meeting.
B. Of course not. I have no idea.
C. No, I can't.
D. That's all set.
48. ______ her and then try to copy what she does.
C. Stare at
49. The time will come ____________ man can fly ____________ he likes in the universe.
A. how ... where
B. when ... wherever
C. where ... where
D. what ... which
50. It is said that boys in your school like playing football in their spare time, though others prefer basketball.
A. quite a lot
B. quite a few
C. quite a bit
D. quite a little
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册