奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 1730|回复: 0

福师15年8月课程考试《高级英语阅读(一)》作业考核

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-8-17 12:37:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
期末试2 \; U4 Q2 a2 H/ I
资料必须填写在后面的答题纸上,否则试题作废。* H: B/ d2 f1 d
I.              Reading comprehension
  y& ~% E) }$ T! e( O: uPassage 13 G' j4 \+ n. k, X  [3 t4 t* |$ t
Many a young person tells me he wants to be a writer.  I always encourage such people, but also explain that there’s a big difference between “being a writer” and writing.  In most cases these individuals are dreaming of wealth and fame, not the long hours alone at a typewriter.  “You’ve got to want to write,” I say to them, “not want to be a writer.”" c: F4 V3 o( C
        The reality is that writing is a lonely, private and poor-paying affair.  For every writer kissed by fortune there are thousands more whose longing is never rewarded.  When I left a 20-year career in the U.S. Coast Guard to become a freelance writer, I had no prospects at all.  What I did have was a friend who found me my room in a New York apartment building.  It didn’t even matter that it was cold and had no bathroom.  I immediately bought a used manual typewriter and felt like a genuine writer.2 ^4 W+ d8 N; m* J. B0 R, _
        After a year or so, however, I still hadn’t gotten a break and began to doubt myself.  It was so hard to sell a story that barely made enough to eat.  But I knew I wanted to write.  I had dreamed about it for years.  I wasn’t going to be one of those people who die wondering, What if? I would keep putting my dream to the test—even though it meant living with uncertainty and fear of failure.  This is the Shadow land of hope, and anyone with a dream must learn to live there.! S! k9 s; a1 J- `5 Z& ~2 u
1.   The passage is meant to ______.
$ e* d7 W% e) da.   warn young people of the hardships that a successful writer has to experience
2 K: Q, H1 L1 }/ Xb.  advise young people to give up their idea of becoming a professional writer
7 r- ]- f2 V4 B- ?. a: v+ ~' Q7 ?c.  show young people it’s unrealistic for a writer to pursue wealth and fame3 f# l! `+ H% _, Y
d.  encourage young people to pursue a writing career
, f9 j' K. p7 n3 @9 B- U; @: w2.   What can be concluded from the passage?
! S( ?' k0 m+ [0 n1 b3 E+ G% W+ Ya.   Genuine writers often find their work interesting and rewarding.* j" G7 A0 ]: Y+ m0 X) F
b.  A writer’s success depends on luck rather than on effort.
* A: y( w: G! e5 l; qc.  Famous writers usually live in poverty and isolation.
; k, [$ i* W" L( w" G, C5 dd.  The chances for a writer to become successful are small.
8 s: p; q3 L" y6 i, o! H3.   Why did the author begin to doubt himself after the first year of his writing career?; W2 m2 n8 p0 X0 g
a.   He wasn’t able to produce a single book.
/ X0 {. T% E+ K) m2 {b.  He hadn’t seen a change for the better.
0 J6 l% s+ T4 s% V2 t: n3 \c.  He wasn’t able to have a rest for a whole year.! p' ?( q8 i- `$ D/ b6 S4 ?
d.  He found his dream would never come true.4 y, y% N, V! z. K% P, N0 _( q
4.   “… people who die wondering, what if?” (Lines 4, Para. 3) refers to “those ______”.
/ D9 E' V% g7 `a.   who think too much of the dark side of life
# E( V( a; W3 ]! b7 lb.  who regret giving up their career halfway
3 G( t9 T' W$ g0 _1 cc.  who think a lot without making a decision: s6 {; k: W/ ?* k
d.  who are full of imagination even upon death, e7 l: a5 D+ }' Y# I0 T7 P  `$ i4 E
5.   “Shadow land” in the last sentence refers to ______.
' V3 U7 m* j+ T, Wa.   the wonderland one often dreams about
5 ^# s8 P+ w1 Wb.  the bright future that one is looking forward to4 F) }% u, t- i' m' e
c.  the state of uncertainty before one’s final goal is reached' V8 P9 U  a; x! ]2 R1 D
d.  a world that exists only in one’s imagination7 B- d9 I9 i+ _- `* {7 o
Passage 2% m, ]7 L2 u( V. }% l1 [# b
A good modern newspaper is an extraordinary piece of reading.  It’s remarkable first for what it contains: the range of news from local crime to international politics, from sports to business to fashion to science, and the range of comment and special features as well, from editorial page to feature articles and interviews to criticism of books, art, theatre and music.  A newspaper is even more remarkable for the way one reads it: never completely, never straight through, but always by jumping from here to there, in and out, glancing at one piece, reading another article all the way through, reading just a few paragraphs of the next.  A good modern newspaper offers a variety to attract many different readers, but far more than any one reader is interested in.  What brings this variety together in one place is its topicality, is immediate relation to what is happening in your world and your locality now.  But immediacy and the speed of production that goes with it mean also that much of what appears in a newspaper has no more than transient value.  For all these reasons, no two people really read the same paper: what each person does is to put together, out of the pages of that day’s paper, his own selection and sequence, his own newspaper.  For all these reasons, reading newspapers efficiently, which means getting what you want from them without missing things you need but without wasting time, demands skill and self-awareness as you modify and apply the techniques of reading.% Z/ K- D& z7 S4 b4 [0 t
6.   A modern newspaper is remarkable for all the following except its _____.7 P9 V' s, ~( y# M- P" |5 X4 z
a. wide coverage                                b. uniform style" c/ z) Y* Z/ L( K. ~9 p0 [
c. speed in reporting news                d. popularity* m8 e- ^  n7 e7 S- v# V2 r9 u% G
7.   According to the passage, the reason why no two people really read the “same newspaper” is that ______." ~+ ~; F* [+ L( O  |
a.   people scan for the news they are interested in
9 q% R4 _; Y% \$ o5 Db.  different people prefer different newspapers1 Q: ?+ K: E6 ~& `1 F' E+ Z3 j  M8 ^
c.  people are rarely interested in the same kind of news
+ \9 B  D2 n/ cd.  people have different views about what a good newspaper is6 n) n$ W+ z4 v! b' }/ d; S
8.   It can be concluded from the passage that newspaper readers ______.
6 e' q$ J4 O* w& Ba.   apply reading techniques skillfully
" i5 P( e9 Y3 M7 b6 ]: `9 j5 h9 wb.  jump from one newspaper to another/ Y  J) O0 `- y5 ^. J9 @2 h+ ^0 ~
c.  appreciate the variety of a newspaper9 R: n9 O6 f( j) b& {0 N( E+ E
d.  usually read a newspaper selectively/ f- i  K; `" B
9.   A good newspaper offers “a variety” to readers because ______.+ N7 ?" ^: U+ y, G
a. it tries to serve different readers
/ a& m: c9 @; `+ i& D. l- ]b. it has to cover things that happen in a certain locality
  r" ]5 E$ o/ hc. readers are difficult to please
2 ]1 g" {! D! O2 vd. readers like to read different newspaper
; o  D) w& K/ C8 O. a" \& \, c: M10.     The best title for this passage would be “_______”.
% W. q3 K6 [3 B% Va.   The Importance of Newspaper Topicality) B  D$ H# y1 W, ~" U# ^! h
b.  The Characteristics of a Good Newspaper! t) h$ o/ ^/ G1 @
c.  The Variety of a Good Newspaper
/ Z! k7 h5 J- s$ vd.  Some suggestions on How to Read a Newspaper8 `( Z' B0 s3 |; H
II. Put the following into Chinese
+ u& W' F( M0 [& `5 S1.       But against this, one must weight the prophecies of Revelation which predict widespread war and tribulation prior to Jesus’ return.
9 v! U/ `9 G5 A+ A2.       Only if they are extremely subordinate to the new arrival, and perhaps in serious trouble with him, will there be a likelihood of them taking the “body-cross role”.. ]8 U7 h$ R4 {
III. Answer the following question- ^8 k& ]) Q' ~$ \- |2 a
What is suggested in the last paragraph of Models for Understanding History (P57)?' v' o8 I3 F& T% }/ G* t2 U0 F  e  Y

1 ?5 s( `: u- F* M) @. F1 ZAnswer Sheet
" s" m: ]* g1 q' VI.                   Reading Comprehension0 |9 i& {. ]8 B% ^7 b

1 A8 o7 C8 I# r% NII. Put the following into Chinese3 X9 W8 |$ ~2 \: z  b# p; d7 B* |

7 Q6 G0 i2 ?$ k5 y# q
5 `$ K! N; @! I( v1 X) ~/ _) R. |# L" M6 \& d3 F

2 f  s5 o, |8 ?" F5 }1 R
3 F4 l: c; a' O
# ?# x! t! B; i' A- ?2 y& B# U( y' v4 i

" D8 _  _. m' u% l! U2 y# p, WIII. Answer the following question  i; E3 K: g! T

/ N+ W8 G0 |. g. Y& A  t* f5 [; \  K  a8 E" n
( J9 D: R4 I0 `
% U1 W$ i5 |. \7 p; i# l( S

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?会员注册

奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 19:05 , Processed in 0.335538 second(s), 24 queries .