奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 2024|回复: 0

福师15年8月课程考试《高级英语一》作业考核试题

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-8-18 20:49:02 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
高级英语一(不能附件提交,只需要提交资料,选择要标注题目序号,否则0分处理。)3 r  X+ S; b; ^: w  E5 H
I. Vocabulary
# Z! m. X% M! g! c/ f6 o! F1. The use of the pesticide had been banned in the United States, but the falcons were eating migratory birds from other places where DDT was still used.
  C: ]7 f/ ~  R6 \        [A] authorized                [B] developed        [C] disseminated                [D] prohibited4 ~% ], j; }, @) t
2. The beauty of the scene filled us with enchantment. * a, c: A. |; Y8 e, w- Q( O
                [A] imaginative ability        [B] nostalgia                [C] delightful influence        [D] dignity9 w7 W5 @& e- H( |% m7 a; e8 l: ?
3. I heard the soft-voiced Mrs. Flowers and the textured voice of my grandmother merging and melting.
7 U: v. U3 C/ w3 @                [A] sweet                        [B] rough                [C] gently                [D] sharp! J3 ~% r$ H) f+ i% ?
4. In 1940 the Democrats nominated Roosevelt for an unprecedented third term. ( {+ ~% V' ~' o: P( r
                [A] unimportant                [B] unheard of        [C] unjustified        [D] unhampered
2 m1 T# _. C+ P3 J; X5. His strength is incredible -- certainly great enough to enable him to take a man in his hands and wrench his head off.   J- L& M/ u- F  l& o
                [A] impossible                [B] unbelievable        [C] probable                [D] imaginable$ w3 `( _5 O4 n$ V7 w
6. I heard the soft-voiced Mrs. Flowers and the textured voice of my grandmother merging and melting.
( T7 M& V8 o  v7 `! J                [A] carrying away        [B] blending together        [C] fading away        [D] dying down/ \  f3 U/ ]9 m/ W7 @) U/ ?! u6 W- a: B
7. These aren’t idle questions. Some sociologists say that your answers to them could explain a lot about what you are thinking and about what your society is thinking.  
5 T: u) q+ t+ E# f5 f        [A] lazy                        [B] casual                [C] serious                        [D] interesting
# G% Q3 `, h; I: d: Y2 A8. I’m skeptical of the winnings of the team.
! _2 p! v: k$ b        [A] respectful to        [B] doubtful about        [C] accustomed to        [D] pleased at
8 Z! P; E3 p. w( J) b9. Imagine my bewilderment when I heard the news.
5 y7 b$ z" E2 @( l1 d, X: Q        [A] anger                        [B] annoyance                [C] puzzlement                [D] disagreement
8 w( x6 y4 {" V+ _- I# z10. Changing the world gradually depends on the exasperating and uncertain instruments of persuasion and democratic decision making. ' K- T' ?) c+ e* @
        [A] exciting                [B] convincing        [C] exaggerating                [D] annoying
7 S' z9 z; s& m! B. W' q3 M) @. S11. She said that she had made the wafers expressly for me and that she had a few in the kitchen that I could take home to my brother. - Q3 F3 |& V+ l! x0 T
        [A] frankly                [B] actually                [C] openly                        [D] particularly( Q( N( x8 L, W1 ?/ [0 s2 Y
12. It suddenly ________ him that he had worked for twelve hours without eating anything.
3 i5 }8 G! @* y        [A] happened to        [B] dawned on        [C] occurred on                [D] came to
3 E+ V8 D/ a! s1 Y' X: x13. It is this “human-ness” of the gorilla which is so beguiling.
; @. b5 P! h( ]; F  {. a& \        [A] lovely                        [B] creative                [C] charming                [D] vexing
& ~! r! _1 y$ q# N; v. v14. You should not be ________ of different religious beliefs.
+ @  X" c1 x* w% s9 d( f        [A] tolerant                [B] tolerable                [C] intolerant                [D] intolerable
5 t7 |  @  p4 w9 Y, ~  j) h5 H- f$ V15. All the children in the class did wrong, but David was ________ for punishment.3 z) O& w; |% e$ u3 Q
        [A] singled out                [B] run out                [C] filled out                        [D] chosen out+ x" A, f) @- k$ Y1 V- Y' t' ]
16. The sweet scent of vanilla had met us as she opened the door. # ?& Z+ d( i# M
        [A] taste                        [B] odour                [C] sound                        [D] smile
( u% {  E5 P' C; g- B' D: k4 c6 c17. If you travel by plane, Beijing and Guangzhou are ________ neighboring cities.: Q! \! B7 n' o2 F) k, E- K& L9 v
        [A] virtually                [B] completely        [C] vehemently        [D] variably2 _+ P( c9 X$ D% I5 J
18. As I subsided on to a patch of open ground I called to the others and waved them on.
/ O, |& L5 y. U/ X6 H7 n        [A] began to dig        [B] settled down on        [C] gazed at        [D] catch sight of  X7 B  A7 ?6 T0 W' q7 m% J
19. How much harder will it be to eliminate the prejudice against women? ' `% H- U# h3 y; j5 V. v; E% W
        [A] correct                [B] justify                [C] get rid of                [D] pay attention to0 h- \. n; `! V) E7 ?& \4 R; G/ z
20. I have done all the tedious work while men reaped the rewards.
& j: r6 S5 ^: n8 L+ P' D7 p& t        [A] hard and tiring        [B] long and dull        [C] interesting        [D] office
! P- N! Y) V( O5 {6 gII. Text Comprehension
: E2 d0 D. |/ R* N  i# r 1. Rashid was (“Rashid’s School”)
$ X. X: H; v+ y# ?6 \[A] a strong and energetic man who speaks good English.
0 E1 y. r9 u4 {# o3 P[B] a frail-looking man without energy.$ f0 d- t; \: S) J/ F$ R9 l
[C] an energetic man, but he didn''t look strong." c' J( j0 ^; |# z
[D] a strong-willed man who was confident that the success of the education for the villagers was out of question.' D9 L# q* o& Y+ V! R6 P$ x5 C! E
2. When Rashid talked about his school, saying "it is the realization of a dream", his florid tone showed that (“Rashid’s School”)
5 @' V4 \# Z0 u: U% R% V8 u* N    [A] he was conceited and he thought himself to be better than any other school masters.
6 W. ]0 Q+ t( ^4 ^# \& [5 [    [B] he was not sure whether the visitors would agree with him., `4 r7 ]. s0 H" w( V% ]
    [C] he didn''t want the visitors to criticize his school.
7 x5 z/ l  a! [6 s1 v3 ~    [D] he was proud and satisfied with his school and he had a desire for the visitors to share his feelings.
  }% T8 ^& l9 C6 T. U/ e! Z 3. “As soon as the children of the village were old enough to work in the fields they became economically important to their families. Against that argument education carried very little weight.” (“Rashid’s School At Okhla”) This shows that! N( q+ |4 m- ^: @8 m& r
[A] to the villagers education meant nothing for it could not bring any economic benefits to their families.9 p; Y: \. W4 x) o) h1 @
[B] the villagers attached much importance to education because it would reduce the children’s burden on their        families.
; k$ c) k% n! K& }* v% j[C] the villagers believed that children were so important to their families that they should not argue against education.
- r$ V4 U/ Z, d* D" z- u5 x. B[D] to the villagers their families depended on children and education could solve this problem& h. ^3 e; `. R. M5 _
4. The author of "Four Choices For Young People" does not think much of the dropouts because (“Four Choices For Young People”)% P! \* K/ P! F
[A] they are unsatisfied with the present society and want a sudden change.
" @. s; Q; [6 [0 A- P* T[B] while they scorn the present society, they depend on it for a living.
/ f; e, \- O0 ?+ {$ [, O' X[C] they make fruitless efforts to change the imperfect society.. U7 O8 F3 }; p5 e' Z" ?
[D] the author does not agree with them in regarding the society as imperfect.  u, g, Z* ]+ }2 E! k
5. Which of the following is true about the author''s opinion? (“Four Choices For Young People”)0 e8 e: M6 W+ w* E3 @, y
[A] The author insists on gradual change as being the most efficient method of improving this imperfect world under any circumstances.0 v$ A9 Q, k" w# R7 ]3 {' X
[B] The author personally favors a gradual reform of the society because although it takes time it sometimes does work.
- B5 x4 U0 a7 q$ a3 N: R1 [3 K8 M: }! G[C] The author considers all social revolutions fruitless because they fail to do away with such familiar matters as the buying and selling of goods, social institutions and office work.
$ [3 k4 O; E' X& V' N[D] The author rejects all the alternatives, thinking they are either impractical or fruitless.2 g; [' }. c; v$ H3 w
6. By comparing the reforms of the world to the military campaign in the Apennines during World War II, the         author intends to (“Four Choices For Young People”)
- A/ {* B- U6 |* `! R0 {[A] express his feeling that one needs bravery and energy to overcome difficulties in reforming the world.
" r. s( U4 \8 W* e3 {5 }1 f[B] create an impression upon readers that drastic changes are inevitable in solving social problems.. i  u) D% S; _
[C] express his opinion that the real world is beset with social problems which, instead of being solved once for all, often lead to others.9 r7 e! P0 K3 o& @- p
[D] make his idea known that, to deal with social problems, the young should draw on the experience of the old.! L% Q: |4 R; e/ G: L
  7. In "Rock Superstars...", the author begins with descriptions of three short scenes. Which is true of them? (“Rock Superstars”)1 K+ \* ?" ]# v; h
[A] When Mick Jagger sprinkled water over the audience at the end of his performance, his fans surge to follow, eager to be baptized then and there by this singer priest.
# o, g$ j, G, V1 H2 r3 c* F$ B[B] Alice Cooper took his own life at the end of a rock concert in order to shock and thrill the audience.
2 C% Y1 Z7 k! R. h7 X' `' t[C] A rock fan worshipped Bob Dylan as a god and actually crawled on his knees into one of his concerts.
+ M+ \$ ?. J; Z8 S+ _0 L5 p! O[D] To American adults, Alice Cooper was a horrible singer with weird and loathsome tastes and habits.
+ L" R8 |$ @1 {) u1 S- x5 g8. What two aspects of American life are touched in rock music? (“Rock Superstars”)
2 X, e; K. y6 H+ y. L[A] political attitudes & emotional life! j. c# r1 Q* O2 u. d7 p
[B] religious beliefs & human feelings
, [# D& E* L0 S. q  j[C] human desires & reasons
, }5 h# e6 D% y- i[D] sociological concepts & facts
* j0 k8 E; F) p5 Q9. The title "A Most Forgiving Ape" is arresting in that (“A Most Forgiving Ape”)
( S6 e- W6 j. A( j[A] it makes an ape a subject which will arouse the readers'' interest.
: N4 B! s! K, Q( t' s( Y[B] it arouses the reader''s interest, for it sharply contrasts with the stereotyped image of the ape.: S" p6 L+ R  D9 \- h
[C] the word "forgiving" is a seldom-used expression.
! b# k. O& A4 T- U% l" B, T[D] it seems a totally unfamiliar topic to the reader.2 H1 L5 t; `# z' @, T
10. The author inserts a brief account of the gorilla in various aspects before he comes to describing his encounter with the gorilla. Which of the following is not talked about in that account? (“A Most Forgiving Ape”)1 q; j0 z4 M0 Z% q# C, Y  h
[A] This rare species is still being butchered by tribesmen.
3 m! C) Y, O" C2 n1 k& t  T[B] Gorillas have far greater physical strength than human beings.. P* p& S+ w. M! J/ c
[C] The gorilla is a forgiving animal with human qualities.
- q4 o* u9 u4 N% ~$ a. r[D] The gorilla has good eyesight and hearing." n0 ^1 B0 b( K+ D3 R5 q
11. By saying "the gorilla is something of a paradox.", the author wants to mean what''s contradictory about the gorilla is that (“A Most Forgiving Ape”)
  `: T/ X& V& f. ?5 l* x[A] he looks ferocious but is in fact a friendly animal.% \: M9 E' G& a$ t# d$ E
[B] we think we know him very well, but in fact we know very little about him.- R7 x+ t! a0 U6 o, y& y
[C] the species is rare but they''re still being butchered.
0 Q  y  p% n5 T8 `+ ^+ R3 r$ _8 |9 Y9 u[D] it fascinates scientists, but not romantics.6 w8 J4 m$ z6 \4 S
12. “All this (the gorilla’s charge) is no more than shadow boxing as a general rule.” (“A Most Forgiving Ape”) This sentence means that% `' z% G7 Z) E6 X& q; r. Y8 }. ^
        [A] the gorilla will fight bravely as in a shadow boxing.; a% g3 q' j/ i( e  e% m7 f
[B] the gorilla is merely acting out gestures of aggressiveness to warn the enemy away.* R9 G2 M5 q$ C4 g  h
        [C] the gorilla is strong enough to use just part of his energy to defeat the enemy.
4 Y# f7 j- l! s6 p8 r) T/ @. Q- \        [D] the gorilla is scared away by the enemy0 V& @) Z7 |8 S3 q
13. When humans see a gorilla, (“A Most Forgiving Ape”)& y  z; }9 [$ M+ ~/ \5 b, Z6 s
[A] they have the same feelings as with the other wild beasts.  W$ g6 ?$ A4 J) S) z
[B] they feel the urge to recognize and communicate with it.4 a% v- ^- K0 y: d% d
[C] they have an instinct to grab their binoculars at once and observe it closely.' k: v. X) o% |- s- D, f" w; e2 K
[D] they feel frightened and run away.
  U; \+ Y: F* c14. By saying "She is our side''s answer to the richest white woman in town," Marguerite expresses her impression that (“A Lesson In Living”)" }6 i& ]; D% M# Y; u; T* g0 @
[A] she is well-educated so that she could answer any questions raised by the richest white woman in town.( S" {3 U; A4 f# ?$ h
[B] she had the grace of the richest white woman in town and thus was the pride of the black people there.
% `; |* p) ?. M/ X[C] she is going up to become the richest white woman in town./ ?8 U0 F. }5 [/ @: L, |
[D] she wanted to become a friend of the richest white woman''s in town.+ W# x6 U- y) g; T8 u8 Q, b
15. “But they talked, and from the side of the building where I waited for the ground to open up and swallow me, ...” (“A Lesson In Living”) This shows that0 C: G( x5 l, K2 ?) _
[A] Marguerite was so eager that she could not wait any longer.
! @5 x* U4 K$ m5 H0 L" n[B] the mischievous Marguerite wanted to find a place to play with other children.5 h7 {) ?; S8 R3 P' |" I- H
[C] Marguerite was so ashamed of Momma’s behaviour towards Mrs. Flowers that she really wanted to find a place to hide herself./ q% u# @+ x: p- s
[D] Marguerite came to realize how intimate Momma and Mrs. Flowers were.
2 z5 N3 ~$ W' v1 o7 v6 f3 C8 Y16. In Mrs. Flowers'' view, (“A Lesson In Living”)) Y8 d# x  L9 O  X
[A] a person who failed to use his books properly should be punished." Y9 L' }$ f* Z
[B] people who had not been to school were more educated and intelligent than college professors.4 l; z8 A  l5 q; v+ i
[C] one should be ashamed of ignorance, but should not show contempt to those who are illiterate.
2 c* Z! H. d/ }; V[D] poems are better to be read aloud than novels.
& t  H' w( Z9 }3 R 17. Marguerite "wanted to gobble up the room entire and take it to Bailey." This means that (“A Lesson In Living”)" @+ J& d; A1 ^2 B8 Q
[A] she wanted to eat some of the cakes Mrs. Flowers gave her and take the rest home for Bailey.3 |" A- T. S0 _  S) f
[B] she wanted to look at the room carefully and later take Bailey here to have a look.7 h& \; I1 r3 D; W: z  m$ Q
[C] she wanted to remember everything in the room so that she could describe to Bailey in detail how the room was furnished and decorated with good taste.  r% L5 q, V: D' N' j: M! f5 o
[D] she wanted to express her feeling that the room was beautiful and say so to Bailey.# O+ ?9 l2 N, J1 h6 G* o) ~) E6 m
18. According to the author of “I’d Rather Be Black Than Female”, which of the following is true? (“I’d Rather Be Black Than Female”)
& S+ H' M( ?& p) i6 d2 l% b        A. Women in the U.S. are content with their life and they don’t have to participate in politics.
3 m5 y2 b  @4 ~& r  y- U% I        B. It is harder to eliminate the prejudice against women because women in the U.S. are more brainwashed and content with their roles as second-class citizens than blacks ever were.& N# Z' P- U+ l6 z
        C. Racial discrimination is more serious than sexual discrimination in the U.S. because it’s the author’s personal experience.
# k" h" d5 l5 x! `8 |        D. With man in control, the U.S. doesn’t need women’s participation in politics./ z% T: C, Q0 A) i& ^# Y
19. Which of the following is NOT the author’s chief complaint about TV ? (“The Trouble With Television”)
) C  f9 j+ G# w8 ZA. It makes people think casually that complexity must be avoided and visual stimulation is a substitute for thought.! x+ D, c$ B# p9 f/ o
B. It sells neat resolutions to human problems that usually have no neat resolutions.
) T5 {: |4 O6 ~$ u4 ~9 cC. Its appeal to short attention span is in fact inefficient communication.( L! C: E- T, P1 ^
D. Its serial, kaleidoscopic programs make it more likely that you focus your attention yourself., h5 n1 T% ^! ~
20. Which of the following is NOT true according to the author of “The trouble with Television”? (“The Trouble With Television”); J, U, ~; t( u" a$ I( {3 {3 O, M
A. The number of hours Americans spend on TV is an indication of the tremendous influence television has on the daily life of the American people.
& h9 m5 E. d( w( l  j. JB. The American public is not well aware of the adverse effects of television./ f; J! }7 M' U1 P' M) `
C. All American people should stop watching television.* O% W3 C8 b1 m5 C1 e: I
D. News on TV is read very fast and made too brief and incoherent to be comprehensible.
( {5 ~5 C' T7 E8 u# [* K4 YV. Translation
) v7 t5 z' L. B9 z0 [+ sTranslate the following sentences into Chinese.
5 X5 K0 g; J" G1. I had read A Tale of Two Cities and found it up to my standard as a romantic novel. She opened the first page and I heard poetry for the first time in my life.
% H1 t4 H) H* h/ q2. Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with the shades of deeper meaning.0 i4 A( X4 E: H) Z( c7 B
3. Almost anything interesting and rewarding in life requires some constructive, consistently applied effort. The fullest, the least gifted of us can achieve things that seem miraculous to those who never concentrate on anything..6 @7 D  T( ^- F9 r: h$ D
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 06:54 , Processed in 0.331307 second(s), 23 queries .