奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 1523|回复: 0

福师15年8月课程考试《高级英语二》作业考核试题

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-8-19 22:32:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
(不能附件提交,只需要提交资料,选择要标注题目序号,否则0分处理。)
7 \/ l' |, R8 T8 q# j* U7 M4 P! ^9 \高级英语二  v2 u7 o1 m% R# L: o
I. Vocabulary:
+ w- r3 O* G, n5 S 1. This very night I will dismiss such trivial phantasies as jumping sheep and crooked pictures, and evoke the phantom of a crushing, stupendous Bore. : z, k. D% K! B# P$ Q0 i" K
        A. lose sight of        B. give up                C. play with                D. make up for
2 k, v/ r2 l) E- E( \$ B5 T, G$ [ 2. In the story, there is an impossible character, a victim of insomnia, who finds that a volume of Wordsworth’s poems is the only sure ________.
1 W) Q: s; k2 `        A. incredulous        B. soporific                C. solitary                D. indispensable2 w1 Y  G) }" n; c
3. There is much work which is exceedingly irksome.* Z0 A$ N  q$ Q( }, g0 D  A
        A. pleasant                B. satisfactory        C. annoying                D. dissatisfactory
3 k! h6 j. R% n+ y' s* c) y 4. The Army would rescind the magazine’s accreditation to cover the war." S6 B6 b4 m* n' L5 F7 F
        A. give honor to        B. pay attention to  C. pay respect to        D. put an end to
" R6 p1 f7 B  c% A 5. The modern cult of beauty is not exclusively a function of wealth." C1 S) q+ K2 g5 w% w/ d9 J  `
        A. attraction                B. praise                        C. worship                D. form
8 ~) S: x8 z! v) J) c 6. It was in the ________ light of the early dawn that I saw a man moving towards me.: ?/ ~  G* A% S" b
        A. dark                        B. dim                        C. damp                        D. dizzy  c( T* L5 i9 J. I
7. He ________ for a whole week before making that important decision.
0 O( Y* d9 p0 Y9 f' e        A. thought of                B. depended on        C. meditated                D. wondered3 P& ^; i5 }. _' _# ?, L
8. Most of the idle rich suffer unspeakable boredom as the price of their freedom from drudgery.
7 {/ `% o) V9 x( K. Y. ?        A. great pleasure                                        B. serious mistake        7 \" H" N2 ^) C# o; g
C. hard and dull work                                D. important duty9 W9 W. u" p+ F5 f2 c, T
9. To counter their efforts, treasure hunters argue that without the lure of gold and million-dollar treasures, the wrecks and their historical artifacts would never be recovered at all.8 W4 B# Z0 s/ Z8 P7 j' l
        A. knowledge                B. attraction                C. luxury                D. glare6 C2 e& K. v6 V# C
10. The cult of beauty must therefore be symptomatic of changes that have taken place outside the economic sphere.2 J; X$ t/ w7 y7 u& V' Z' r; z
        A. superior to        B. the signs of        C. bringing about        D. sympathized by
* l# W0 X1 v0 D4 ~% N8 N11. In short, a lot of television usurps one of the most precious of all human gifts, the ability to ________ your attention yourself, rather than just passively surrender it.5 ?) n' U# B# Z2 H; w+ ~
        A. seize                        B. use                        C. apply                        D. focus& ~8 F) v  a5 V/ _8 P
12. After twenty years of antagonism, the two countries were finally ______.  \; Z1 v+ d8 y* z8 _( p8 s
A. friendly                B. agreeable                C. peaceful                D. reconciled
: ^/ ~% }; _! L8 z13. Provided a man does not have to work so hard as to ________ his vigor, he is likely to find far more zest in his free time than an idle man could possibly find.
4 T9 a- h8 d& M3 ~- p* W) m# x3 ]        A. gain                        B. impair                C. recover                D. loosen+ N  j# u, a1 y3 r5 J7 w
14. There’s no longer any moral indignation. and if there is, it comes from people who are almost exhausted from past indignities inflicted on them.
: _: @! y: d1 J8 }8 e4 i( ?        A. agreement                B. approval                C. anger                        D. standard" a/ V+ u# S7 f# N$ B
15. Driving after drinking Whiskey is ________ to cause traffic accidents.
& n* ~7 D+ \9 z. |  d) s5 L        A. about                        B. tempted                C. apt                        D. assured! B" T, ?) b+ A; {
16. The incredible precision of the equipment is ________ to the mechanical skill of the engineers who built it.
7 c" }, B1 C! B        A. stamina                B. ambivalent        C. variable                D. testimony
; a3 U+ w5 L# c4 j( o' V17. People should ________ their minds of too strong a desire for money.  v6 @: h/ S4 v
        A. clean                        B. purge                        C. spill                        D. fill
  F& C. w" o' _- _5 W' S8 G. a18. Provided a man does not have to work so hard as to impair his vigor, he is likely to find far more zest in his free time than an idle man could possibly find.
6 K9 i. n2 r- U5 t: M  o        A. dream                        B. imagination        C. excitement        D. boredom) c( Y* D, Y' C  Y8 i
19. What America and NATO did in Yugoslavia ________ to mass murder.
; p* l  h( f- C: S# D0 R        A. is compatible                B. is tantamount        C. appeals                D. is conducive
+ Y* `' g$ i. a( [9 N# z0 N20. I don’t think we can ________ the possibility that he may have been murdered.) r/ W3 s- g: \4 S5 I0 s! I, _
        A. include                B. extend                C. exclude                D. exceed
7 b% m& T2 n3 d* }% E
% T' A8 m' R: u6 {* ~II. Text Comprehension:
5 Z; }) J& {. U* } 1. In J. B. Priestley’s essay, insomnia (sleeplessness) (“On Getting Off to Sleep”): X4 t" N- \7 @5 i$ P) \) }1 e
        A. is incurable for all people." R" I% G7 g0 Y. @7 R9 A
        B. is a praiseworthy agony inherent in an active and intellectual mind.
1 h. y/ m; ]0 I) I" e0 W        C. is not a problem in this world.5 O- l. j3 |- f/ z  I6 U1 q; V1 Q" Y
        D. can be overcome if one has a strong will.8 S. V2 ?* O! `# b# u9 r* g
2. “The artificial ways of inducing sleep are legion, ...” (“On Getting Off to Sleep”)        This means that
4 \9 f  U# f- G        A. nothing can help people get off to sleep.
  q4 H( x4 @" H* h. T3 k        B. the methods that people use to try to get to sleep are endless.% a# [7 K8 t0 f) _7 |/ a
        C. people try very hard to get to sleep./ t8 l  l; o0 ~
        D. it’s a hard job for people to get to sleep.& h3 x0 J; q2 [2 f- o) O+ W) g
3. In the sentence “when it is time to close the five ports of knowledge, most folks I         know seem to find no difficulty in plunging their earthly parts into oblivion,”         earthly parts refers to (“On Getting Off to Sleep”)
. A- I$ K4 G7 K4 _1 V% \        A. knowledge of the world.1 i: q; [. y, F# Q: C% ^' }
        B. five parts of the body.
* |; }7 D+ a9 p2 T1 G        C. five senses
$ V6 {3 [( E* ]) W# j        D. state of sleeplessness 4 u  T* E. ^& Y% z- L
4. Which of the following is the organization of the essay “Why I Write”? (“Why I Write”)
8 ]* h" y# F( SA. The author first gives his theory about writing and then explains it with examples.
5 O- `, a! n& Y+ AB. The author first tells his own experience as a writer and then gives his views about his motives for writing.
0 m& A5 G1 n6 W, {) g8 \C. The author first explains in general the different views about motives for writing, and then gives his own views.
3 W: P" V: x+ P  u: PD. The author first gives his reasons for writing and then elaborates on the relationship between political stands and aesthetic achievements.0 I) A; [1 k9 Z1 ~( X( V  }# c
5. orwell first gives information about his early development because (“Why I Write”) : R$ c, B) S( L0 Q2 V& Y
        A. he thinks that is a very important part of his life.
9 n# Z- R( @1 J        B. his views about motives for writing were formed at that time.
# W2 h% D1 i- G% U8 k7 qC. he thinks that one cannot evaluate a writer’s motives without such background knowledge.
9 D' Y9 ~; Z4 n! ?) g: [7 V; F        D. that was the time when he first came into contact with writing.$ g# V+ e$ u( Y  \" M1 T* x
6. In the sentence “Writers share this characteristic with scientists, artists, politicians, lawyers, soldiers, successful businessmen -- in short, with the whole top crust of humanity,” the whole top crust of humanity refers to (“Why I Write”)
9 n- E1 B! h5 c  _+ E! L        A. those most respected in society." \. y' i) Y. E" j' L+ h
        B. the richest people in the society.0 D& `- P0 F5 W9 }; f/ ?
        C. the most highly-educated people.
& L$ W: b1 n7 v( z" v6 c# A! y        D. those oppressing other social classes.
% X! a6 ]3 h* z7. According to Russell, which of the following are advantages of work? (“Work”)6 [0 E$ L# A; A# A& k* j
        A. to prevent boredom and provide possibility of fulfilling oneself.0 W4 \; N2 T9 h  n6 H" {
        B. to make life interesting and constructive.0 K5 y; B6 E6 `1 k4 ^* Y: B
        C. to be the cause of happiness and reduce boredom; a6 V1 [2 r" ^3 R  L" U) s9 u
        D. to display one’s unusual skills and improve one’s personality- O. O9 z0 Q# ]4 r6 b
8. What are the two elements the author mentions that make work interesting?         (“Work”); L8 _4 ]- S" M' {$ }& H9 W
        A. eliminating tedium and providing outlets for satisfaction.
% D, [* F" z4 }0 S1 u5 i        B. income and ambition.
  E# b/ m( V6 M% s        C. the exercise of skill and construction.
& ?$ s# @; ?% v, J8 r        D. income and reputation.
3 {$ Y: J  n6 u6 r% w1 L  V0 @* G9. “To be able to fill leisure intelligently is the last product of civilization.” (“Work”) Which of the following may be a proper explanation of the sentence?2 @  @3 o6 o/ w' `( s# w  \' p
A. Only in the most recent development of an advanced society has man been able to use his leisure in a sensible way.
8 @& K/ H5 e: f; s4 }B. With the development of civilization, people have become unable to fill leisure intelligently.
1 H( {0 |! z: _# `1 J( M$ ZC. Civilization has produced more leisure, so it requires more intelligence from people.
& [7 D: k* L# M  o0 M9 YD. The more advanced society is, the more intelligently people spend their leisure time.. K1 R7 r8 L1 U( W8 |) n: ~% M
10. “Continuity of purpose is one of the most essential ingredients of happiness in the long run.” (“Work”) In this sentence, continuity of purpose means
5 d5 ]- Y, {9 p6 P8 H        A. having a long-term goal instead of temporary purpose.
$ M7 n9 A& h0 v- p* o5 j' S( y        B. always having a goal ahead and working persistently toward it.
* L3 O1 B& K' q$ W8 j        C. always having a new purpose at each stage of life.) j  `' g, @( d. ?  g* x; t
        D. always changing one’s purpose for work.
, A0 r% Y2 Y. l' v0 Y' d- U, B/ l11. In John F. Kerry’s view, the veterans attended the Los Angles investigation (“I Would Like to Tell You Something”)
; v8 u% B, y+ z+ xA. to show their attitudes towards unfair treatment they’d got and demand for redemption for the losses they had sustained..
9 A4 S; \: ^7 \: `" OB. to form an anti-war organization and impose pressure on the government in order to put an end to the war.& i9 ]7 g) x% r3 b( f: q  S
C. to confess their crimes so that they could rid themselves once and for all of guilty feelings.
  g! N' O8 J# B" A$ rD. to make it known that the crimes committed in Vietnam is national rather than personal so as to jolt the public consciousness out of its hypocritical dormancy.8 w9 x4 b( K( e
12. “America has created a monster in the form of millions of fighting men.” (“I Would Like to Tell You Something”) The sentence implies:5 ~9 ?. S3 Z% U3 {( E
A. The American army in Vietnam was a terrible force with millions of soldiers.
2 u6 }% j- Y& Y3 n9 @B. Millions of soldiers have returned embittered and angry about having fought a war they don’t believe in.
- {0 ^) J* `, r/ KC. Millions of soldiers killed millions of civilians in Vietnam, so the army is regarded as a monster.
/ a6 T6 O5 _$ n# v3 Q1 wD. Without the millions of fighting men, America would not be so powerful.2 o/ f: G5 v3 s0 H8 m2 q0 v) {" I
13. In Huxley’s view, the modern cult of beauty is due to (“The Beauty Industry”)' S8 t3 x( s! [' B
        A. the fact that beauty industry was not affected by depression." G; Z. W: V) w) W1 e
        B. the influence of modern advertisements.$ ~3 G5 Y! K( ?1 q& ?- {
C. a diffusion of wealth and changes of women’s status and people’s attitudes.  K" e1 b& J. O+ [
        D. the indulgence in attraction and negligence of “souls”.0 K1 \, W! q: \' Y
14. When the author says “perhaps it (the soap) will transform them into the likeness of those ravishing creatures who smile so rosily and creamily, so peachily and pearlily,...” he suggests that (“The Beauty Industry”)9 M+ `& i6 I0 C
A. it will make women as beautiful as those girls appearing in advertisements.! t8 {. i2 E: f% e8 I/ F# k
B. women will take to the habit of using the soap to make them beautiful.
, m! J  y5 o1 @! hC. it will cause women to take liking to the image of beautiful girls.
$ _/ R. X% |( |! @( ID. it will form women’s idea of what real beauty is like.$ k8 I* [2 _2 ~$ W4 Y' W/ G$ _. |
15. At the beginning of the article “What''s Wrong With Our Press", the writer says "Newspapers have two great advantages over television.", that is, screen against wives and lining the garbage pail. (“What’s Wrong with Our Press?”)- M" ^6 M$ e- b+ U, w! g
   A. This suggests that the following parts of the article is devoted to these two advantages only.' z0 X7 @6 h% K6 o6 J
   B. The writer does not mean to have readers take the remark seriously.
( U: y2 I* d3 h: a+ g- l   C. It''s because the writer really thinks newspapers are far superior to television.# l0 r% |* ]/ Q1 b% a/ R
   D. The remark is based on statistics.7 a5 a* z( L/ H! ]& }0 i
16. What’s the purpose of the author in writing “What’s Wrong With Our Press?”
& @5 Y# w3 o9 }6 A' q6 ZA. She criticizes newspapers so as to show the superiority of television over newspapers.4 t  ?0 g' @5 r' F' G0 H
B. She wants to demonstrate that newspapers are already out of date.9 e% g6 p% H7 a% p2 z: {
C. She wants the readers to believe that newspapers are much better than television.
0 M1 J! |8 @5 Q1 f  E! v" }$ o. {. FD. She aims at improving newspapers so that they can better perform the service of informing the people.* Y4 \+ l& Z5 b" a, w
17. Which of the following conforms to Copland’s view of the expressive plane of music? (“What to Listen for in Music”)
! |. @: f1 M: h$ r( ^3 JA. It plays a more important role than the other two in the process of listening to music.$ x+ K. L( I$ ], P% l: P# v  g3 X6 H
B. Every musical piece has a certain meaning behind the notes, but it is not easy to define the meaning./ Y& T4 R- t" N. ?- c
C. The less a piece of music expresses, the greater it may be.
$ M  h/ H' F! gD. An intelligent listener can find what a musical piece expresses.$ M: X- |( `  O. b5 G4 x
18. What does the author mean by “inside and outside his music”? (“What to Listen for in Music”)
. z: F2 V- p7 m: _5 k8 r% ~A. listening to the music while doing whatever he’s engaged in.  q& T3 V! b6 f0 Q1 c0 ]
B. losing one’s self in the enjoyment of music and remaining critical and objective about it.
5 U6 k4 K/ [% g/ }/ k+ VC. understanding the theme and the form of the music at the same time.
$ N3 _3 f7 K$ x& z0 O- ?  R. `D. thinking that music is expressive and purely musical at the same time.7 j* W6 ^5 \$ G' d  v9 |/ _7 T7 |
19. What finally made Eveline decide to leave her home? (“Eveline”)
7 n7 [, K% t: hA. She was weary of a dull job and a life of quiet desperation with a brutal father.
0 f7 G' T" o3 D6 W( VB. She loved her boy friend and wanted to marry him.' P) X0 _  x8 O+ H
C. She always cherished a dream of the exotic land and wanted to live happily there.& Z9 N: o8 r9 z: P4 t
D. She remembered her mother who had lived a miserable life. 7 {$ a& Y* s6 f% P' y- N
20. “...we have leaped over that long period of time preceding death known as old age.” (“The Tragedy of Old Age in America”) This means:
5 @) P/ P" M$ d* wA. We’ve discussed death first and left the old age later.
0 m( K2 }7 F9 B5 nB. We haven’t experienced old age before we die.3 K. F  ?% K8 r6 m3 l) X* `1 r( J$ m
C. We have not examined old age which comes before death.
" T( x  F( x8 ]9 eD. We have jumped to conclusion about death when we are old.& {% ~  m+ t  t+ g( e1 U  l5 [
III. Translation:
1 v- |. ?- ~( x5 n' F4 ]1. Between the ages of about seventeen and twenty-four I tried to abandon this idea, but I did so with the consciousness that I was outraging my true nature and that sooner or later I should have to settle down and write books.
  `9 h1 Y- z3 J" ^6 M. A) m+ j) W2. Women, it is obvious, are freer than in the past. Freer not only to perform the generally unenviable social functions hitherto reserved to the male, but also freer to exercise the mor leasing, feminine privilege of being attractive.  
% H& b; p3 s! u: t7 m' r( o8 l7 E3. Simple-minded souls always want to have a meaning, and the more concrete it is the better they like it. The more the music reminds them of a train, a storm, a funeral, or any other familiar conception the more expressive it appears to be to them.
- C6 m+ [5 Z5 s, L* X9 j

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?会员注册

奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 11:46 , Processed in 0.335082 second(s), 24 queries .