一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. Only the Chinese have successfully ____ giant pandas and raised their babies in captivity.
2. The government has done very little to ___ the program on the bais of which it won the election.
3. He would gain weight but he ___ enough.
A. wouldn’t eat
B. doesn’t eat
C. didn’t eat
D. had eaten
4. It was （made known） in the radio news that the Antarctic expedition had reached its goal safely.选择能代替括号里的选项
5. I don’t allow____ in my drawing room. I don’t allow my family____at all.
A. to smoke; smoking
B. smoking; to smoke
C. to smoke; to smoke
D. smoking; smoking
6. The Fosters believe so firmly in equality that they never go to visit their friends without their children’s ____.
7. There was so much noise that the speaker couldn’t make himself____.
B. to hear
D. being heard
8. Which of the following is not about dress?
9. Which of the following word is countable?
11. The building of a hydroelectric (power plant) in an uninhabited place costs expensively, but it may also a means of opening up a new region ofr industrial expansion. 选择能代替括号里的选项
12. A: Have you found that letter yet?B: Yes, I_____it when I was tidying up my drawer?
A. have found
C. had found
D. was finding
13. The teacher insist ____ the students’ arriving on time for their lessons.
14. Out of ____, out of mind.
15. mature 选择能代替的选项
16. People of the TV are often ____ to watch TV a great deal.
17. If we__ the plan you suggest, we are more likely to be successful.
18. Nylon is an （artificial） fiber.选择能代替括号里的选项
19. You could attend the dancing party for the sake of relax; or, (instead), you could decide not to go at all. 选择能代替括号里的选项
20. New factories are （located） in areas where supplies of power are available.选择能代替括号里的选项
21. I’m very ____ to you for your help.
22. They （were accustomed） to the metric system long ago.选择能代替括号里的选项
B. were used
C. were applied
D. were adapted
23. The landscape painting has been ____ by the drop of red ink.
24. At school some of the children used to make unkind ____ about my clothes.
25. If I ___ out of ink, I would have finished writing the paper.
A. didn’t run
B. shouldn‘t run
C. haven’t run
D. hadn’t run