一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 80 分。）V 1. Beer is the most popular drink among male drinkers, _____ overall consumption is significantly higher than that of women.|
2. My friend helped me ________ my cat when I was on vacation with my wife.
A. look for
B. look on
C. look after
D. look up
3. It is reported that ________ adopted children want to know who their natural parents are.
A. the most
B. most of
D. the most of
4. The clothes a person wears may express his ______ or social position.
5. Every year thousands of lives __________ in road accidents because of careless driving.
C. have lost
D. are lost
6. It won't be long __________ this theory will be proved to be wrong.
7. The young lady coming over to us __________ our English teacher; the way she walks tells us that!
A. must be
B. can be
C. would be
D. could be
8. The old building is in a good state of ________ except for the wooden floors.
9. As Commander-in-Chief of the armed force, I have directed that all measures ______ for our defense.
A. had been taken
B. would be taken
C. be taken
D. to be taken
10. What a table! I've never seen such a thing before. It is _________ it is long.
A. half not as wide as
B. wide not as half as
C. not half as wide as
D. as wide as not half
11. Some people would like to do shopping on Sundays since they expect to pick up wonderful ______ in the market.
12. In international matches, prestige is so important that the only thing that matters is to avoid __________.
A. from being beaten
B. being beaten
D. to be beaten
13. The British constitution is _____ a large extent a product of the historical events described above.
14. This crop has similar qualities to the previous one, ______ both wind-resistant and adapted to the same type of soil.
C. to be
D. having been
15. Food was ________ during the famine. It was often seen that people sold their children for a sack of corn.
16. The little man was __________ one meter fifty high.
A. almost more than
B. hardly more than
C. nearly more than
D. as much as
17. The rain was _________ make our picnic impossible.
A. hard enough
B. hard so to
C. so hard as to
D. so hard to
18. I guess Jones didn't have a chance to win the election. Almost all of the people in the city voted for his __________.
19. As a primary school teacher, one should be ________ with children. This is the first standard for being a good teacher.
20. __________ no bus, we had to walk home.
A. There being
C. Having been
D. There was
二、判断题（共 10 道试题，共 20 分。）V 1. The trophy was bestowed upon the winner.
2. Loving throughout the Western world, ballet is a theatrical art that tells a story through dance accompanied by music.
3. The headmistress led her team of teachers by example that she arrived early at school every morning of the school day.
4. Stephen Hawking are true examples of people who rose to international fame in spite of physical handicap.
5. I don't know how his parents put up his behaviors.
6. Despite others say that, I think he's a very nice guy.
7. This bicycle system would be considerably less expensive than the Interstate Highway System.
8. Bicycling is the best physical activity because it is most comfortable to most people than brisk walking.
9. The absence of fatherhood can, in many ways, make people have a better understanding of the importance of fatherhood.
10. Bikes and cars are not treated equally from an environmental justice perspective and this should be correct.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册