奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 1947|回复: 5

福建师范大学16年3月课程考试《高级英语阅读(二)》作业考核试题

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-2-17 20:56:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
福建师范大学网络与继续教育学院4 z4 a2 N1 n4 T  u. {1 t$ R
 《高级英语阅读二》开 卷5 j3 S/ F: Q4 L7 _% R  |# \
  6 Y& g( M7 O+ F8 `( ?
姓名:        
# G; z" C9 x6 y2 ]专业:
2 J: |0 [8 x( o: n# a$ _" z学号:         
4 K6 @9 d! ^, ]7 P2 p3 w学习中心:+ J$ [, C' m  H- y" f+ L8 ~

6 K% M& M6 g# {8 z8 f# M" ~5 @3 K$ C4 X/ @

, k& z+ Z1 t# ]9 I' ^  |I.        Reading comprehension: 80%
. Z7 U, _1 Z( \Passage 16 W" t' q8 h& s7 |% J
Passage 15 ?& l/ y' G$ y
        Material culture refers to the touchable, material “things” –physical objects that can be seen, held, felt, used-that a culture produces.  Examining a culture’s tools and technology can tell us about the group’s history and way of life.  Similarly, research into the material culture of music can help us to understand the music-culture.  The most vivid body of “things” in it, of course are musical instruments.  We cannot hear for ourselves the actual sound of any musical performance before the 1870s when the phonograph was invented, so we rely on instruments for important information about music-cultures in the remote past and their development.  Here we have two kinds of evidence: instruments well preserved and instruments pictured in art.  Through the study of instruments, as well as paintings, written documents, and so on, we can explore the movement of music from the Near East to China over a thousand years ago, or we can outline the spread of Near Eastern influence to Europe that resulted in the development of most of the instruments in the symphony orchestra./ I2 s, X8 d8 j, [- x
        Sheet music or printed music, too is material culture.  Scholars once defined folk music-cultures as those in which people learn and sing music by ear rather than from print, but research shows mutual influence among oral and written sources during the past few centuries in Europe, Britain, and America printed versions limit variety because they tend to standardize any song, yet they stimulate people to create new and different songs.  Besides, the ability to read music notation has a far-reaching effect on musicians and, when it becomes widespread, on the music-culture as a whole.
6 l  h' F/ C: b: o        One more important part of music’s material culture should be singled out: the influence of the electronic media-radio, record player, tape recorder, television, and videocassette, with the future promising talking and singing computers and other developments.  This is all part of the “information revolution,” a twentieth-century phenomenon as important as the industrial revolution was in the nineteenth.  These electronic media are not just limited to modern nations; they have affected music-cultures all over the globe.
: p1 ?3 V) w, [: s3 ^5 Z4 G1.        Research into the material culture of a nation is of great importance because ______.
3 Q# p: |# f7 [; g1 e3 {; y+ i; Ua.        it helps produce new cultural tools and technology
% W# W5 _4 v2 V" D5 {$ M1 Lb.        it can reflect the development of the nation+ G3 e# w( i0 `. f# c+ k
c.        it helps understand the nation’s past and present.5 {, |( N. f) C. D7 V+ C& P! w
d.        It can demonstrate the nation’s civilization
, l* I& C, }9 l; i; V6 S6 \* e2.        It can be learned from this passage that ______.( j8 C) F0 N& E# O8 q
a.        the existence of the symphony  was attributed to the spread of Near Eastern and Chinese music.
* x9 J6 S( t1 }9 @# e+ a; Yb.        Near Eastern music had an influence on the development of the instruments in the symphony orchestra
" n- d/ p8 @- G4 ~5 }5 f9 tc.        the development of the symphony shows the mutual influence of Eastern and Western music& a* P* V- D+ Y' u
d.        the musical instruments in the symphony orchestra were developed on the basis of Near Eastern music& M% l/ J5 W  e
3.        According to the author, music notation is important because ________.
& H8 E( k/ d7 T6 H1 Na.        it has a great effect on the music-culture as more and more people are able to read it
% Z* {! J1 F' L7 h0 o5 `b.        it tends to standardize folk songs when it is used by folk musicians.1 b! s; J) v* Z
c.        It is the printed version of standardized folk music: z2 b/ K: M5 w6 ]; Q/ ^
d.        It encourages people to popularize printed versions of songs.
3 X3 X3 l# M2 {- A$ P4.        It can be concluded from the passage that the introduction of electronic media into the world of music ______.
2 Z+ h# b4 Q4 w6 ~* l9 Y+ e& e7 Sa.        has brought about an information revolution
$ j% W, v1 Q, O) e0 |- X! Wb.        has speeded up the arrival of a new generation of computers. B, E( Z, l1 D( n& B# n% c
c.        has given rise to new forms of music culture
% w1 W7 w2 {8 n3 qd.        has led to the transformation of traditional musical instruments1 J. f2 I/ Q! F9 \! d. V+ M& {0 K
5.        Which of the following best summarizes the main idea of the passage?
6 K) R! r2 G4 |' m; v4 V- ya.        Musical instruments developed through the years will sooner or later be replaced by computers.
: _/ }7 v, ^' c9 {9 y3 }  ?& d7 |b.        Music cannon be passed on to future generations unless it is recorded.' r2 y- a( c- x
c.        Folk songs cannot be spread far unless they are printed on music sheets.2 @; E3 d* ^* n5 }6 I
d.        The development of music culture is highly dependent on its material aspect.( Q! d; l( O* q
Passage 2
* z5 W" Z$ T3 m. e+ x. i/ X, t; ?7 IThree English dictionaries published recently all lay claim to possessing a “new” feature.  The BBC English Dictionary contains background information on 1,000 people and places prominent in the news since 1988; the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary: Encyclopedic Edition is the OALD plus encyclopedic entries; the Longman Dictionary of English Language and Culture is the LDOCE plus cultural information.
! s$ P3 r7 O* Z- ~7 L4 E9 Z        The key fact is that all three dictionaries can be seen to have a distinctly “cultural” as well as language learning content.  That being said, the way in which they approach the cultural element is not identical, making direct comparisons between the three dictionaries.( ?' d& k  s. e+ N9 U& O
        While there is some common ground between the encyclopedic/cultural entries for the Oxford and Longman dictionaries, there is a clear difference.  Oxford lays claim to being encyclopedic on content whereas Longman distinctly concentrates on the language and culture of the English-speaking world.  The Oxford dictionary can therefore stand more vigorous scrutiny for cultural bias than the Longman publication because the latter does not hesitate about viewing the rest of the world from the cultural perspectives of the English-speaking world.  The cultural objectives of the BBC dictionary are in turn more distinct still.  Based on an analysis of over 70 million words recorded from the BBC World Service and National Public Radio of Washington over a period of four years, their 1,000 brief encyclopedic entries are based on people and places that have featured in the news recently.  The intended user they have in mind is a regular listener to the World Service who will have a reasonable standard of English and a developed skill in listening comprehension.8 G  S. O. V  o! C9 a$ A3 V
        In reality, though, the BBC dictionary will be purchased by a far wider range of language learners, as will the other two dictionaries.  We will be faced with a situation where many of the users of these dictionaries will at the very least have distinct socio-cultural perspectives and may have world views which are totally opposed and even hostile to those of the West.  Advanced learners from this kind of background will not only evaluate a dictionary on how user-friendly it is but will also have definite views about the scope and appropriateness of the various socio-cultural entries.' _1 p2 P# U1 W* I& r7 s6 L* {* c
6. What feature sets apart the three dictionaries discussed in the passage from traditional ones?+ @" J" g6 x0 D* j# B6 J; V* I5 D4 k
a.        The combination of two dictionaries into one.3 N) x6 u& g8 W/ c3 x/ f) C
b.        The new approach to defining words.7 i  a2 `9 n) F1 R3 J/ r( B/ M4 u
c.        The inclusion of cultural content.* y2 V, y4 w* e1 l* |
d.        The increase in the number of entries.' `! A! ^: ?4 O, X& ]
7. The Longman dictionary is more likely to be criticized for cultural prejudice because ______.
% ^* \8 X1 e! x# V2 ma.        its scope of cultural entries goes beyond the culture of the English-speaking world.# O; L/ I$ G6 T% w$ ^" o( l
b.        it pays little attention to the cultural content of the non-English-speaking countries.9 j: }5 I% l8 E( F2 s" a
c.        it views the world purely from the standpoint of the English-speaking people.
; u8 }& u8 I1 }8 S. fd.        it fails to distinguish language from culture in its encyclopedic entries# v; c& {1 Z8 K/ ?
8. The BBC dictionary differs from Oxford and Longman in that ______.
- G4 J6 Q% E- {  x+ R' d3 Ta.        it has a wider selection of encyclopedic entries
' l& S6 N( Y3 v5 Jb.        it is mainly designed to meet the needs of radio listeners2 `( v0 F3 a% }3 R( ~
c.        it lays more emphasis on language than on culture. r: K3 p6 M2 u: W  s$ \" F
d.        it is intended to help listeners develop their listening comprehension skills  [0 [2 b$ s0 f" R1 W4 O  @
9. It is implied in the last paragraph that, in approaching socio-cultural content in a dictionary, special thought should be given to ______.+ B7 M- a4 d9 b
a.        the language levels of its users8 a6 Q+ N: @5 [
b.        the number of its prospective purchasers  o: \4 p4 P% S; F2 N" e- [
c.        the different tastes of its users! C& V3 i9 D1 v* h  X6 f
d.        the various cultural backgrounds of its users) c) B- }" l, ^7 y7 \# H. i
10. What is the passage mainly about?
6 J2 K# Q$ f/ @) ]0 Ca.        Different ways of treating socio-cultural elements in the three new English dictionaries.2 a$ A& @/ A; ^, @* d) x2 \
b.        A comparison of people’s opinions on the cultural content in the three new English dictionaries.
6 h% v0 T0 l# w$ cc.        The advantages of the BBC dictionary over Oxford and Longman.
: \4 e0 E6 y( E# a2 Y& v2 r. ^d.        The user-friendliness of the three new English dictionaries.& Z3 |" G& b: S+ c" g- G
Passage 3! Y; Q$ l2 G* _, ^
Bond reached under the dashboard and from its concealed holster drew out the long-barrelled .45 Colt Army Special and laid it on the seat beside him. The battle was how in the open and somehow the Mercedes must be stopped.' F% |8 O, L. X+ m; P, C1 n
Using the road as if it was Donington, Bond rammed his foot down and kept it there. Gradually, with the needle twitching either side of the hundred mark he began to narrow the gap.7 G' V. s, z  ~& p! t, p
Drax took the left-hand fork at Charing and hissed up the long hill. Ahead, in the giant beam of his headlights, one of Bowaters’ huge eight-wheeled AEC Diesel carriers was just grinding into the first bend of the hairpin, labouring under the fourteen tons of newsprint it was taking on a night run to one of the East Kent newspapers./ S7 ]/ X0 c; A1 a' J
Drax cursed under his breath as he saw the long carrier with the twenty gigantic rolls, each containing five miles of newsprint, roped to its platform. Right in the middle of the tricky S-bend at the top of the hill.! S4 C1 j, G2 k/ b" R3 M; |; r
He looked in the driving mirror and saw the Bentley coming into the fork.4 k3 |9 G; d; [2 N
And then Drax had his idea.
  [' k! {4 J8 W9 i2 s‘Krebs,’ the word was a pistol shot. ‘Get out your knife.' There was a sharp click and the stiletto was in Krebs's hand. One didn't dawdle when there was that note in the master's voice.
  N- T1 ?+ C" e# P$ |. c& s& w‘I am going to slow down behind this lorry. Take your shoes and socks off and climb out on to the bonnet and when I come up behind the lorry jump on to it. I shall be going at walking-pace. It will be safe. Cut the ropes that hold the rolls of paper. The left ones first. Then the right. I shall have pulled up level with the lorry and when you have cut the second lot jump into the car. Be careful you are not swept off with the paper.’* y7 u$ ~6 w' A4 J' g
Drax dowsed his headlights and swept round the bend at eighty. The lorry was twenty yards ahead and Drax had to brake hard to avoid crashing into its tail. The Mercedes executed a dry skid until its radiator was almost underneath the platform of the carrier.
4 L6 N# h6 M* t* NDrax changed down to second. ‘Now !’ He held the car steady as a rock as Krebs, with bare feet, went over the windscreen and scrambled along the shining bonnet, his knife in his hand.# u/ j2 b0 }4 N) O( g& M9 h
With a leap he was up and hacking at the left-hand ropes. Drax pulled away to the right and crawled up level with the rear wheels of the Diesel, the oily smoke from its exhaust in his eyes and nostrils.
5 F  t1 p) m  B0 M: CBond’s lights were just showing round the bend.
1 e9 n  Q; [/ m( j7 g$ Z1 wThere was a series of huge thuds as the left-hand rolls poured off the back of the lorry into the road and went hurtling off into the darkness. And more thuds as the right-hand ropes parted. One roll burst as it landed and Drax heard a tearing rattle as the unwinding paper crashed back down the one-in-ten gradient., u# G5 r& y0 I! G/ {! F
Released of its load the lorry almost bounded forward and Drax had to accelerate a little to catch the flying figure of Krebs who landed half across Gala’s back and half in the front seat. Drax stamped his foot into the floor and sped off up the hill, ignoring a shout from the lorry-driver above the clatter of the Diesel pistons as he shot ahead.
7 d- x( n: J2 GAs he hurtled round the next bend he saw the shaft of two headlights curve up into the sky above the tops of the trees until they were almost vertical. They wavered there for an instant and then the beams whirled away across the sky and went out.: d% Z+ h9 f) B# Y
A great barking laugh broke out of Drax as for a split second he took his eyes off the road and raised his face triumphantly towards the stars.8 g$ g8 J3 q6 T; l, \2 b! }
Choose the best answer to each question.
& _5 z& u$ E9 p- ~11. Which is true?: x# \) t! |3 }- X6 |( K& X: ^
a) Bond, driving a Bentley, is chasing Drax, who is driving a Mercedes.9 ~# U( g6 e& }  R8 ?. d$ T1 e
b) Bond, driving a Mercedes, is chasing Drax, who is driving a Bentley.
2 |" M5 b3 `9 o0 ^6 ]c) Drax, driving a Bentley, is chasing Bond, who is driving a Mercedes.) b7 P3 n- n) _/ j
d) Drax, driving a Mercedes, is chasing Bond, who is driving a Bentley.
! H$ l/ A1 V" X1 N$ |* F4 \12. What weapon did Bond take out?
: m7 q% Z. H6 Fa) a gun from under the seat
7 H+ p3 Z, X2 p8 E3 @6 Bb) an army knife from a hidden pocket
& g7 d7 t& w5 F# q, jc) a gun which was hidden in the front of the car
  _2 L" l' {7 q% |, H- ]d) a special army machine for stopping cars1 S; E" j' p2 f  `4 A5 K: j
13. What do you think Donington is (Paragraph 2)?
- B: E7 g4 `( B& La) a town        b) a country road  c) a main road   d) a race-track
1 \2 [6 K& K1 {9 u8 \14. ‘Bond rammed his foot down and kept it there’ (Paragraph 2). This expression shows
- H' V3 ~' P' O) S/ qa) that he found it difficult to stay in his seat on the rough road.# h- C: J! V: C+ z" r- j7 i
b) that he was feeling nervous.  o# |, T6 X3 D8 o4 a
c) that he was very sure of himself.
4 L4 L' y) J7 x% {: G# ^0 J' t( Kd) that he wanted to drive fast.+ B% t* ?& D3 m, `( |4 F) P& _6 X
15. What do you think ‘newsprint’ is (Paragraph 3)?
* o& c) ~- K* ha) newspapers                b) paper for printing newspapers
( O9 A: f% ]" \' W. ?c) posters to advertise newspapers  d) wrapping paper: M. Q" [7 D! v* w9 p+ w
16. What is ‘dawdle’ (Paragraph 7)?$ a, N, X5 F* q6 q& q0 M" h0 ^( O
a) complain   b) go slowly  c) hurry    d) disagree violently. {& S9 F3 p6 ~

. y4 t' }5 V: K2 z4 P0 J7 g% C8 B- h+ O+ l* Q2 J
福建师范大学网络与继续教育学院
  |# u3 [, A2 u 《高级英语阅读二》  开 卷( D. j% c) n1 Y8 m

6 f; h! d) K+ V& g9 b. e- u1 r+ q姓名:        : p; G2 t; I: I4 w3 J7 Q; E
专业:5 Y  Y& m: B" Q) F5 d
学号:         
: l$ A/ [- q/ y$ s学习中心:5 s7 n1 u) S+ b7 I; B9 f$ `
17. ‘Dowsed’ (Paragraph 9) means
0 W. }% ?" B! K# f; ia) switched on  b) switched off  c) checked  d) used' P- _# i# {' N3 G( ], C- U( L
18. ‘Hacking’ (Paragraph 11) means____
, a; K6 [9 L: J; da) cutting  b) pulling  c) looking  d) working
  k6 d% P) r3 w. {! z" T5 D19. The scene of the story is ____., J/ i9 t6 m0 D# I
a) a long hill with a bend at each end7 M0 {# @' h4 B: ~
b) a steep gradient with a lot of bends0 e9 t4 x3 U9 ^9 H
c) a long steep hill with a double bend at the top" o+ [* `. q' ~) T% ?4 Q/ Q. i
d) a hairpin bend, followed by a one-in-ten gradient
% ~4 J# D; F0 n% t  w: N+ J0 R9 ?20. By cutting the rolls of newsprint, Drax and Krebs ____.
& z1 w& y8 F" C; m( {a) stop Bond  b) cause Bond to crash into the lorry
" Z- D9 o' I! Q( Ac) slow Bond down  d) cause the lorry to crash
) @( |! ?5 Q  R2 I  kPassage 3     
8 }4 |5 r' j0 w% c9 gCOLORFUL, COLORED AND COLORLESS WORDS
3 O0 A7 ~' S* cThe writer builds with words, and no builder uses a raw material more slippery and elusive and treacherous. A writer’s work is a constant struggle to get the right word in the right place, to find that particular word that will convey his meaning exactly, that will persuade the reader or soothe him or startle or amuse him. He never succeeds altogether -- sometimes he feels that he scarcely succeeds at all -- but such successes as he has are what make the thing worth doing.                                                  0 ]5 ]" W9 r! H( t# v
There is no book of rules for this game. One progresses through everlasting experiment on the basis of ever-widening experience. There are few useful generalizations that one can make about words as words, but there are perhaps a few. : e$ c1 `7 y. j% @$ F
Some words are what we call “colorful”. By this we mean that they are calculated to produce a picture or induce an emotion. They are dressy instead of plain, specific instead of general, loud instead of soft. Thus, in place of “Her heart beat,” we may write “Her heart pounded throbbed, fluttered, danced.” Instead of “He sat in his chair,” we may say, “He lounged, sprawled, coiled.” Instead of “It was hot,” we may say, “It was blistering, sultry, muggy, suffocating, steamy, wilting.”
0 v! q- b4 G; F$ X; u2 j  d, t   However, it should not be supposed that the fancy word is always better. Often it is as well to write “Her heart beat” or “It was hot” if that is all it did or all it was. Ages differ in how they like their prose. The nineteenth century liked it rich and smoky. The twentieth has usually preferred it lean and cool. The twentieth century writer, like all writers, is forever seeking the exact word, but he is wary of sounding feverish. He tends to pitch it low, to understate it, to throw it away. He knows that if he gets too colorful, the audience is likely to giggle.& ]' N0 s* k3 o) Q4 b
   See how this strikes you: “As the rich, golden glow of the sunset died away along the eternal western hills, Angela’s limpid blue eyes looked softly and trustingly into Montague’s flashing brown ones and her heart pounded like a drum in time with the joyous song surging in her soul”. Some people like that sort of thing, but most modern readers would say, “Good grief,” and turn on the television.# G. Q# f9 B* o
   Some words we would call not so much colorful as colored -- that is, loaded with associations, good or bad. All words -- except perhaps structure words – have associations of some sort. We have said that the meaning of a word is the sum of the contexts in which it occurs. When we hear a word, we hear with it an echo of all the situations in which we have heard it before.
  y, _5 H6 x( g% @+ c# Q" l( i6 _# s   In some words, these echoes are obvious and discussable. The word mother, for example, has, for most people, agreeable associations. When you hear mother you probably think of home, safety, love, food, and various other pleasant things. If one writes, “She was like a mother to me,” he gets an effect, which he would not get in “She was like an aunt to me”. The advertiser makes use of the associations of mother by working it in when he talks about his product. The politician works it in when he talks about himself.; P/ H7 P# G$ I: c, s
   So also with such words as home, liberty, fireside, contentment, patriot, tenderness,    sacrifice, childlike, manly, bluff, limpid. All of these words are loaded with favorable associations that would be rather hard to indicate in a straightforward definition. There is more than a literal difference between “They sat around the fireside” and “They sat around the stove” They might have been equally warm and happy around the stove, but fireside suggests leisure, grace, quiet tradition, congenial company, and stove does not.% ^, ]. }" J% B# l& u
   Conversely, some words have bad associations. Mother suggests pleasant things, but mother-in-law does not. Many mothers-in-law are heroically lovable and some mothers drink gin all day and beat their children insensible, but these facts of life are beside the point. The thing is that mother sounds good and mother- in -law does not.! h( U" v! e! `, w
   Or consider the word intellectual. This would seem to be a complimentary term, but in point of fact it is not, for it has picked up associations of impracticality and ineffectuality and general dopiness.
( j) {  q* ?, E' H" h. A. a   The question of whether to use loaded words or not depends on what is being written. The scientist, the scholar, try to avoid them; for the poet, the advertising writer, the public speaker,   they are standard equipment. But every writer should take care that they do not substitute for thought.
3 H; n& M3 s( G" q   But probably most student writers come to grief not with words that are colorful or those that are colored but with those that have no color at all. A pet example is nice, a word we would find it hard to dispense with in casual conversation but which is no longer capable of adding much to a description. Colorless words are those of such general meaning that in a particular sentence they mean nothing. Slang adjectives, like cool (“That’s real cool”), tend to explode all over the language. They are applied to everything, lose their original force, and quickly die.1 R+ [/ @. i% Y
   Beware also of nouns of very general meaning, like circumstances, cases, instances, aspects, factors, relationships, attitudes, eventualities, etc. In most circumstances you will find that those cases of writing which contain too many instances of words like these will in this and other aspects have factors leading to unsatisfactory relationships with the reader resulting in unfavorable attitudes on his part and perhaps other eventualities, like a grade of “D.” Notice also what “etc.” means. It means “I’d like to make this list longer, but I can’t think of any more examples.”# r4 ^8 f- O# L$ W* m: v4 l  S
Reading comprehension
1 t; O3 D! w6 y* ~( \# O+ BChoose the best one according to the selection
: U8 F! p0 |4 |& h- O7 U21. According to the author, a writer scarcely succeeds in the aspect of ___.  J2 F; V6 g6 y  z5 @
a. grammar   b. style
- L% o5 f- l4 M, C. a3 U$ Gc. vocabulary  d. usage
; O+ A0 ^9 M% N0 ]22.        Which of the following is not true? Colorful words are words that ___.
- o& r" i8 Z* [0 W3 Ia)        produce a picture  b)induce an emotion, i0 [5 Z+ N& e* @$ L1 E
c)   are soft            d) are dressy. r( a9 s3 F9 _2 N9 @3 p" y
23.        Which of the following does not belong to the same group?
; I8 {" X/ c+ j: Ua)        Blistering.  B. Sultry./ }8 o/ Z2 a- a9 ~
b)        Suffocating.  D. Hot.
9 Y& U% |; r8 P4 ~1 M4 n4 b6 [( H, I8 G6 M. F/ f
24.        Ernest Hemingway and his contemporaries tended to favor words that are ___.
: _  d% m8 w6 U6 A: P: s& k- g) qa)        exact and rich   b) exact and smoky% u5 v. E8 o# O: J6 B) w) S
c)   exact and loud-sounding  d) exact and low-sounding
, K. V% y6 ]! K; `- H' v$ {9 j25.        We may infer from the essay that ___.' ?% A; `! B( B8 u0 l
a)        most modern readers prefer simple and cool style2 i  n  J4 D+ |& O7 |$ R3 t: F
b)        most modern readers prefer television to prose reading
9 R" T8 G& T) b) Cc)        all words have associations of some sort) r% m8 k# n4 u8 p% V, `/ v7 ?
d)        colorful words are loaded with associations
# w5 Y0 ~% K7 Q0 a! f* N7 A26.        The role of context is that ___.9 }( X. Y. t  g
a)        it confines the use of a word
/ P3 S# j" N9 L0 Z; c# @& K% y# Kb)        it decides the meaning of a word
( z( f( p; l0 Y" [9 Ec)        it provides the sound of a word/ c7 W5 ~$ I) s; e
d)        it defines good associations of a word3 e6 J6 X" G3 J8 N& d$ P. w

, G9 t" c6 u' l" N/ u/ a( I- I" X27.         “In some words, these echoes are obvious and discussable.” The word “echoes” most possibly means ___.9 s9 @. ]$ b& A5 j
a)        sounds  B. memories  C. associations  D. situations2 ]7 X, `) m+ W( \
28.        When the politician talks about himself, he ___.
$ Z) s8 G3 W, ^1 |- G8 _a)        makes use of associations of all sorts
- d5 o- Z% O: J/ ~b)        makes use of the word mother2 N$ l) Q. F' ^! O' a
c)        makes use of the association of the word mother  [( }1 c) J- v8 z. o
d)        makes use of good associations; I" n0 S$ m# t5 T% Y. e
29.        The difference between “They sat around the fireside” and “They sat around the stove” is ___.$ O$ u# S4 P! u. C4 v0 @
a)        that the former has more favorable associations than the latter
+ n( {9 o2 `0 @b)        that the former suggests warm and happiness while the latter does not
# _( P/ D6 L) e- m/ T8 Oc)        not literal    d) hard to indicate
( C' I7 A$ j5 R30.        The logical reason for the arrangement of the discussion of the three types of words is ___. 9 E  c3 F. \! J) ^+ g
a)        the degree of importance
* ~8 Z7 `9 O' u( g/ z, qb)        the frequency of use  g  U* L' k3 P9 {/ g2 f
c)        the number of associations   d) hard to tell.
' ]: d! {  Q$ Z! N4 ~True or false
2 ?/ F- c1 g3 w! s1        2        3        4        5        6        7        8        9        10
. c3 t  r1 |4 F  K4 y                                                                       
7 |; z$ \! V/ i) U" G2 n1 ^% B) D; L+ e
31.        Writing is a most difficult task, so writers never succeed.
9 C4 [  ]4 z" C$ V/ L6 ~32.        The author believes that one learns to write well through writing and reading books on the rules for this game.
8 ]( p. P& ^2 ]- G0 }33.        The author believes that the audience always prefer dressy words to plain ones.' e" B% u! X/ f
34.        For prose, older writers had a taste different from that of younger ones.
: Q7 [# G, L( ^# N35.        We associate a word with all the contexts in which it has occurred.
3 w3 T: l* l( b% \7 [36.        The author implies that in all cultures, the word “mother” has agreeable associations while the word “mother-in-law” does not.6 Y7 h$ r1 C- |* Q: R+ T) P8 E) b
37.        When used to refer to a bookish person, the word “intellectual” does not seem to be a complimentary term.
* s+ K3 h5 j5 S6 N5 A7 C8 j38.        When the word “intellectual” refers to the ability of reasoning only, it is denotative.
' W9 ]+ d! m0 P' d1 X39.        Writers should take care that they themselves do not substitute for thought.
. [3 T4 Z  H" z' L40.        Most beginners fail in using colorless words because they are indispensable yet incapable of adding much to a description.
" q+ U# w  C" }  b1 O  y! m9 iII. Translation: 20%; a9 q! w4 ?/ {% T8 J
1. We flushed a covey of quail under a high clay bank with overhanging brush and I killed two as they went out of sight over the top of the bank. Some of the covey lit in trees, but most of them scattered into brush piles and it was necessary to jump on the ice-coated mounds of brush several times before they would flush. Coming out while you were poised unsteadily on the icy, springy brush they made difficult shooting and I killed two, missed five, and started back pleased to have found a covey close to the house and happy there were so many left to find on another day.
5 ~& e& k1 k' g, Z5 c" J* V$ L. G- d- O! y( U
& N9 L2 L5 A/ f; W" |

5 j8 B% H2 A, \6 a  ^* s2 _
& u% f# \2 W# _' ^8 A2 P6 b
; S( q# C  I) z4 k0 [: S- e  y; Y! U0 w+ l5 x: G, s3 u

. t& l, A0 r& T7 r# Q$ l3 h' s! S4 K, Y* |- M" w

, R$ t9 K4 j* S: G1 B3 ^6 y- C2 S" X7 |; D
: u* r' F7 ]% x0 |, u# {, k8 C8 L

1 W4 m. T/ i# L* w- d+ I) J) m- C/ t. J0 a0 {1 L% b
" |0 `3 i$ i0 R) |" j

0 [4 O5 m4 {! G# q2 ]" |" E3 |9 T  H% B* T% Q) k
* b  x$ |" a+ ]( d1 K- t& H

$ i& t4 o* n& c$ Z0 Y' ]) m2. I have thought of going to work, but I am unwilling to admit that I do not know how to use my freedom and have to embrace the flunkydom of a job because I have no resources - in a word, no character. I made an attempt to enlist in the Navy last time I was reclassified, but induction, it seems, is the only channel for aliens. - P7 t9 P7 S1 }) j

& g5 W8 W6 d6 O0 c, R- d8 V. c6 q7 ^, \

) N% ^8 R3 g7 w8 \4 k) a- r+ m: c3 h# F
1 C& D2 R% v5 H8 ~8 r( Q7 V0 |+ g: h6 `  m1 T( B

5 c. I. u5 D( r! O  W  u' Z
2 G% F" W  `% _1 f: n
+ G* }1 i7 m( x4 c. J: D) n3. If we are not careful in the Year of the Woman, we shall end up with millions of defensive neurotic females trying to live up to all the propaganda that puts so much pressure on them to take on more than they can cope with and more than they ever want to do. " B( d* O" j3 F% r7 U

: Q0 u, _! V/ ^  }4 f
$ \; m+ K( g& j9 I7 K8 w7 h, k" `0 B( k, N3 Y. Z2 a

. h4 q/ ?8 c; q$ h( G2 l4 b0 J. v5 I

" {, v( S( O& \. O8 j' W' r0 D- l9 P( [- Q3 [

' }: ?. B+ n. I, s6 g& b8 u' i( A; ]  ?
4. I am painfully aware that academic leaders have themselves too often resorted to strictly economic appeals for support because these seemed easier to explain and justify than the less tangible purposes of learning. We have too often promised more than we could deliver on investments in research, and so have invited disappointed expectations and some disillusion with what education can offer in exchange for its considerable cost. ; g% N6 F+ ]& L1 P+ G
" k+ v2 F5 O) F

f4 ^2 d! j) X1 g& K/ ~* X- i5 g& l1 e
% D2 N1 X' B% F8 o7 ]: S

5 z4 d# p5 [2 O; }
' ~, {1 y+ I* k8 y

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?会员注册

奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
发表于 2016-2-17 21:06:13 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-27 21:42:00 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-28 11:09:25 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-3-6 13:18:04 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-3-7 10:56:06 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 09:55 , Processed in 0.336649 second(s), 23 queries .