奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 3783|回复: 3

北外17春文学阅读与欣赏 作业01(第1-3单元)资料

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-5-4 08:37:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
文学阅读与欣赏 作业01(第1-3单元)

The total marks for this assignment are 100 points. Time allowed for completing this assignment is 1 hour (60 minutes). PLEASE WRITE ALL YOUR ANSWERS ON THE ANSWER SHEET.

(1)、
Intructions:Re-write the story ‘Hearts and Hands’ that you have read in the previous section following the instructions below:

1.   Imagine that you are the Marshal and retell the story from his point of view.
2.   You should keep the basic content of the story.
3.   Your writing should be approximately 200 words.

(2)、

Instructions:Here is a short poem by William Wordsworth chosen from Unit 1. In the poem he tells of his feelings on seeing London from Westminster Bridge. Read the poem carefully and answer the questions that follow.

UPON WESTMINSTER BRIDGE by William Wordsworth (1770-1850)
1 Earth has not anything to show more fair:
2 Dull would he be of soul who could pass by
3 A sight so touching in its majesty:
4 This City now doth like a garment wear

5 The beauty of the morning: silent, bare,
6 Ships, towers, domes, theatres, and temples lie
7 Open unto the fields, and to the sky,
8 All bright and glittering in the smokeless air.

9 Never did sun more beautifully steep
10 In his first splendour valley, rock, or hill;
11 Ne'er saw I, never felt, a calm so deep!

12 The river glideth at his own sweet will:
13 Dear God! The very houses seem asleep;
14 And all that mighty heart is lying still!

1.What is the rhyme scheme of the first 8 lines of the poem?

2.What does “the city” in line four refer to?

3.Which two lines can be an example of two consecutive lines that rhyme in this poem?

4.What is the name normally given to two consecutive lines of poetry that rhyme?

5.Which figures of speech does line 14 employ?

6.Identify at least three images the poet employed to describe the city.

7.What is the theme of this poem?

(3)、

Instructions:Here is a complete short story, ‘Hearts and Hands’ written by O. Henry. Read it and answer the following questions. Write your answers on the Answer Sheet.

Hearts and Hands

1.At Denver, a great many passengers joined the coaches on the eastbound Boston and Maine train. In one coach, there sat a very pretty young woman. She was beautifully and richly dressed. Among the newcomers were two men. The young one was good-looking with a bold, honest face and manner. The other was a large, sad-faced person, roughly dressed. The two were handcuffed together.

2.As they passed down the aisle of the coach, the only empty seat was one facing the young woman. Here the linked pair seated themselves. The woman quickly glanced at them with disinterest. Then with a lovely smile, she held out a little gray-gloved hand. When she spoke, her voice showed that she was used to speaking and being heard.

3.‘Well, Mr. Easton, if you will make me speak first, I suppose I must. Don’t you ever say hello to old friends when you meet them in the west?’

4.The young man pulled himself up sharply at the sound of her voice. He seemed to struggle with a little embarrassment, which he threw off instantly. Then he held her fingers with his left hand.

5.‘It’s Miss Fairchild,’ he said, with a smile. ‘I’ll ask you to excuse the other hand. I’m not able to use it just at present.’

6.He slightly raised his right hand, which was bound at the wrist by the shining bracelet to the left one of his partner. The happy look in the woman’s eyes slowly changed to one of puzzled horror. The glow passed from her cheeks. Easton, with a little laugh, as if amused, was about to speak again when the other stopped him. The sad-faced man had been watching the young woman’s face with his sharp, searching eyes.

‘You’ll excuse me for speaking, miss. But I see you know the marshal here. If you’ll ask him to speak a word for me when we get to the pen, he’ll do it. It’ll make things easier for me there. He’s taking me to Leavenworth Prison. It’s seven years for counterfeiting.’

‘Oh!’ she said, with a deep breath and returning color. ‘So that is what you are doing out here. A marshal!’

‘My dear Miss Fairchild,’ said Easton calmly, ‘I had to do something. Money has a way of taking wings. You know it takes money to keep in step with our crowd in Washington. I saw this opening in the West, and... Well, a marshal isn’t quite as high a position as that of an ambassador, but -’

‘The Ambassador,’ she said warmly, ‘doesn’t call anymore. He needn’t ever have done so. You ought to know that. So now you are one of these dashing western heroes. And you ride and shoot and go into all kinds of dangers. That’s different from the Washington life. You have been missed by the old crowd’

The woman’s eyes, interested, went back, widening a little, to rest upon the shiny handcuffs.

‘Don’t you worry about them, miss,’ said the other man. ‘All marshals handcuff themselves to their prisoners to keep them from getting away. Mr. Easton knows his business.’

‘Will we see you again soon in Washington?’ asked Miss Fairchild.

‘Not soon, I think,’ said Easton. ‘My carefree days are over, I fear.’

‘I love the West,’ she said. Her eyes were shining softly. She looked away and out the train window. She began to speak truly and simply, forgetting about style and manner. ‘Mamma and I spent the summer in Denver. She went home a week ago because Father was ill. I could live and be happy in the West. I think the air here agrees with me. Money isn’t everything. But people always misunderstand things and remain stupid -’

Say, Mr. Marshal,’ growled the sad-faced man. ‘This isn’t quite fair. I’m needin’ a drink of water. Haven’t you talked long enough? Take me into the dining car now, won’t you?’

The bound travelers rose to their feet. Easton still had the same slow smile on his face. ‘I can’t say no to a need for water,’ he said lightly. ‘It’s the one friend of the unfortunate. Good-bye, Miss Fairchild. Duty calls, you know.’ He held out his hand for a farewell.

‘It’s too bad you are not going east,’ she said, remembering again her manner and style. ‘But you must go on to Leavenworth. I suppose?’

‘Yes,’ said Easton. ‘I must go on to Leavenworth.’

The two men made their way down the aisle into the dining car.

The two passengers in a seat nearby heard most of the conversation. Said one of them, ‘that marshal is a good sort of chap. Some of these Westerners are all right.’

‘Pretty young to hold an office like that, isn’t he?’ asked the other.

‘Young!’ exclaimed the first speaker. ‘Why. . .Oh!. . .Didn’t you catch on? Say, did you ever know an officer to handcuff a prisoner to his right hand?’

Questions on the short story:

1.What does “shining bracelet” in paragraph 6 mean?

2.Were Miss Fairchild and Easton old friends? Where did they know each other previously?

3.When the young woman spoke, "Her voice showed that she was used to speaking and being heard." What does this imply about the personality and background of this woman?

4.Easton said, "It takes money to keep in step with our crowd in Washington." Miss Fairchild remarked: "You have been missed by the old crowd." What kind of "crowd" do you think that Easton and Miss Fair child are referring to?

5.Why does the first passenger think the marshal "is a good sort of chap"?

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?会员注册

奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
发表于 2017-5-4 08:47:21 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-6-1 17:34:23 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-6-3 08:36:51 | 显示全部楼层
谋学网
老师说谋学网可以下载资料,原来是真的!
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 16:07 , Processed in 0.091221 second(s), 19 queries .