一、单选题（共 50 道试题，共 100 分。） V 1. The meeting is __________ next Friday.|
A. to be held
B. be held
C. to be hold
D. to hold
2. It’s now exactly half past seven._______, the doctor has been here for two hours.
A. In other words
B. In another word
C. On the other hand
D. What‘s more
3. Teachers all ________ the importance of giving a child a pat on the back.
B. agree to
C. agree on
D. agree with
4. I hope there is___ for the doctor in your car.
5. Don’t forget _________ off the light before you leave.
B. to turn
D. to close
6. Mrs. Brown, who has recently been _______ general manager of our company, is one of the most capable women I have ever worked with.
7. Hotel rooms must be __ by noon, but luggage may be left with the porter.
8. It is well known that knowledge is the __ condition for expansion of mind.
9. He can’t drive a car. Let____ fly an aero-plane.
10. The doctor decided to _________ Tom’s stomach to remove the tumor.
B. open up
C. turn up
D. light up
11. The wish of the scientists is __________ new resources for mankind.
B. to be found
C. to find
12. If you come to my office, I’ll tell you the whole story ________.
A. in detail
B. in public
C. in addition
D. in groups
13. ________ a highly intelligent animal like the seal, elementary training is easy.
A. In the case
B. In the case of
C. In case of
D. In case
14. Clothes and blankets have been _____ among the refugees.
B. handed in
C. turned out
D. got up
15. He was a _______ person in spite of his great success.
16. I’m sorry to have taken up so much of your ___ time.
17. It is reported that some workers on strike _______ with the police.
18. My teacher____ encouraging me to study hard.
A. went to
19. He knows that the commotion would frighten the cobra ________.
A. into striking
B. at striking
C. to strike
D. of striking
20. Grain production in the world is _____ but still millions go hungry.
21. The police ________ the criminal several hours after they found an important clue to his identity.
22. We _________ to make him feel at home.
A. went to our way
B. went out of our way
C. went away from our way
D. went on our way
23. The Government acts quickly in _______ to inflation.
24. They say they’ve dropped the traditional term paper requirement because many students buy _________ term papers.
25. An iron tool, if never used, will ____ with rust.
26. I won’t go there _______ invited.
D. be not to
27. If I had a dictionary at hand, I ____ it to you.
A. will lend
B. would lend
C. would have lent
D. will have lent
28. _________ there is life there is hope.
B. As long as
29. Her grandson is the ________ of her eye.
30. Water is _________ hydrogen and oxygen.
A. composed of
B. consisted of
C. made of
D. made from
31. He has been _________ the right eye.
B. operated on
C. cut on
32. Dick was ___________ from prison after serving his sentence.
33. There is __________ here who won’t help you when you find yourself in difficulty.
34. She speaks English so well that I ___________ that she is English.
A. regard as
B. think of
C. take it for granted
D. believe it
35. These apples are ________ those I bought yesterday
A. more superior to
B. superior to
C. more superior than
D. superior than
36. The committee has been __________ my letters for three months.
A. going on
B. working on
C. studying for
D. sitting on
37. They spoke ________ at the meeting.
A. for turn
B. in turn
C. in common
D. by turn
38. Bill has ________ to Beijing University for a teaching assistantship, but his chances of getting it are slim.
39. He was _________ to death.
40. The headmaster didn‘t know I was in the office. He was too busy to _______ me.
A. feel like
B. pay attention to
41. Many intelligent animals can be trained to understand human speech. A good ________ is the pet dog.
C. in point
D. case in point
42. She ________ in all major newspapers for her lost son.
43. The international conference will _________ ten days.
44. The size of the audience,____ we had expected, was well over one thousand.
45. A lorry ____ Jane's cat and sped away.
A. ran over
B. ran into
C. ran through
D. ran down
46. If I hadn’t stood under the ladder to catch you when you fell, you __ now.
A. wouldn’t be smiling
B. couldn’t have smiled
C. won’t smile
D. didn’t smile
47. She was made ___________ us everything.
C. to tell
48. He was talking about the _________ setting up a new shopping mall in the neighborhood.
49. He ________ an application to the committee.
50. The boy ___________ at the dinner party last Sunday and was sick .
D. over and ate
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册