一、单选题（共 30 道试题，共 30 分。）V 1. Lily is not here yet. She ______ back in an hour.|
C. will be
D. would be
2. The young lady coming over to us ______ our English teacher; the way she walks tells us that!
A. must be
B. can be
C. would be
D. could be
3. The next train to Beijing is ____ to arrive at 9 a.m..
4. ― Oh, goodness! I haven’t got any money on me! ― ________________.
A. Keep the change please.
B. Sorry, I haven’t got one.
C. Let me lend you some.
D. It’s good to save some money.
5. ― How often is there a flight to Paris? ― _________________.
A. Do you have your passport with you?
B. B. There’s nonstop flights.
C. It will leave at 10.
D. We have flights to Paris every hour
6. Everyone is working. Please, ______ a little.
A. turn the radio off
B. turn the radio up
C. turn the radio down
D. turn over the radio
7. What the leader does and says _______ of great importance.
8. There is a woman at the counter who seems very angry and I think she means ______ trouble.
A. having made
C. to make
D. to have made
9. They are going to plant trees ______ side of the road.
A. on both
B. in either
C. in both
D. on either
10. ― Where have you been lately? ― _________________.
A. I’ve been to Shanghai on business
B. I’ve a lot of work to do
C. Everything is fine
D. Yes, I haven’t seen you either
11. ——How's your family? ——_______
A. Thanks all the same.
B. Thanks for calling.
C. Not too bad.
D. Don't mention it.
12. ——Would you like to go to a concert this evening? — _________
A. OK. Let's go.
B. You are welcome.
C. But I have nothing else to do.
D. Not bad.
13. John’s father ______ mathematics in this school ever since he graduated from Harvard University.
C. has taught
D. is teaching
14. =---“Where is Mary?” --- “She ____ to school.”
A. will go
B. has been
C. has gone
15. The girls wear _____ dresses on the National Day. They look pretty.
16. Tom, what did you do with my documents? I have never seen such a ______ and disorder!
17. ― Excuse me, how can I get to the nearest subway station? ― ________________.
A. It’s two blocks up this street.
B. Yes. You are going the wrong way.
C. Don’t talk about it.
D. I need your help.
18. It is impossible to live in society and be independent __________ society.
19. Read it again and you’ll _______ the answer.
B. look for
D. find out
20. Our house is about a mile from the railway station and there are not many houses ______.
A. in between
B. far apart
C. among them
D. from each other
21. ——Hey, Linda. You look so pale. What's the matter? ——_______
A. Thank you.
B. Are you OK?
C. I'm just getting over the flu.
D. I'm feeling well.
22. It is said ______our class has won.
23. It's ________ that he was wrong.
24. The taxi driver always reminds passengers to _______their belongings when they leave the car.
25. People who won’t work should be made _______.
A. to work
D. to be working
26. Such problems ______ as soon as possible.
A. have solved
B. have been solving
C. have to be solved
D. have to solve
27. ——I've heard that you are going to Thailand? ——Yes, I'll leave on Sunday. ——That's great! _______ —— Thank you!
A. Have a nice journey!
B. Watch out!
C. How are you!
D. You are so smart!
28. The question is difficult ________ .
A. to be answering
B. to be answered
C. to answer
D. to be an answer
29. Eggs, though rich in nourishments, have ______ of fat.
A. a large number
B. the large number
C. a large amount
D. the large amount
30. ______ the War of Independence, the United States was an English colony.
二、单选题（共 10 道试题，共 20 分。）V 1. — Why haven’t you bought any butter? — I _________ to but I forgot about it.
2. The horse is getting old and can not run ______ it did.
A. as faster as
B. so fast than
C. so faster as
D. as fast as
3. Things made of glass, plastic and tin are ______ hard ______ break down.
A. very, to
B. too, as to
C. too, to
D. so, to
4. The Chinese people first _______ paper about 2 000 years ago.
5. —— What's the most popular sport in your university? _ _______
A. Football, I suppose.
B. China against Japan.
C. It's a close match.
D. It's my favorite.
6. When I was a child, my teacher told me that the earth ____ round.
B. had been
C. has been
7. The train, _______ goes to Tianjin, is air-conditioned.
8. ——This is a challenging job. Who wants it? — _________
A. I'll take it.
B. It's a good idea.
C. You bet!
D. No sweat!
9. If I don't ________ the phone at home, ring me at work.
10. —let me introduce myself. I am Tom. — _______.
A. What a pleasure
B. It's pleasure
C. I'm very pleased
D. Pleased to meet you
三、阅读理解（共 2 道试题，共 30 分。）V 1.
An employer has several choices he can consider when he wants to hire a new employee. First, he may look within his own company. But if none of the present employees are suitable for the position, he will have to look outside the company. If his company has a personnel office, he can ask them to help find qualified applicants.
There are other valuable sources the employer can use, such as employment agencies, professional societies and so on. He can also advertise in the newspapers and magazines and ask prospective candidates to send in resumes.
The employer has two kinds of qualifications to consider when he wants to choose from among applicants. He must consider both professional qualifications and personal characteristics. A candidate’s professional qualifications include his education, experience and skills. These can be listed on a resume. Personal characteristics must be evaluated through interviews.
1). This passage mainly tells us _______.
A. how applicants look for a job
B. how an employer hires his employees
C. how an employer hires a new employee within his company
D. how an employer can advertise in newspapers and magazines
2). The word “prospective” may mean _______.
3). When an employer wants to hire a new employee, he will consider _______.
A. the employee’s professional qualifications
B. the employee’s personalities
C. the employee’s education and family background
D. both A and B
4). “Professional qualifications” does not include ______.
A. good health
5). We can conclude that a candidate who _____ is in a better position to be hired.
A. has worked for two months
B. has had college education
C. is getting training
D. is fond of sports
Man has learned many exciting things from the instruments that he has sent into space in rockets. Thermometers have measured temperatures. Barometers have measured pressure. Cameras have taken pictures.
But none of these things really satisfies man. He wants to see space for himself. So, some countries like America and Russia began to train astronauts in 1960s and have sent them into space successfully.
The training is hard and the project is big. Later there were even animals such as monkeys, mice and chimpanzees that made the trip into space, too. The time has not come for families to go on space trips but today nobody thinks that such things are impossible. Everyone knows we will have them someday and may have them sooner than we think.
Man feels excited when he thinks about the future. He will someday step into a rocket and rise from the earth. But he will land somewhere else. The rocket has made it possible for man to imagine how big our world is.
1). The main idea of this passage is that _______.
A. man has tried and still wants to see space for himself
B. man has made many exciting instruments such as thermometers and barometers
C. Russia and America have trained astronauts
D. man knows how big our world is
2). One can learn from the first paragraph that _______.
A. thermometers and barometers are very exciting
B. man has made only cameras, thermometers and barometers in space research
C. man has learned many exciting things from the instruments he has sent into space
D. man is very interested in various kinds of instruments
3). “These things” in paragraph Two refer to _______.
A. rockets and instruments
B. all things done in space research except sending man there
C. thermometers and cameras
D. cameras and barometers
4). In space research, man is not satisfied because ______.
A. rockets man has made are not satisfactory
B. things man has learned are not exciting enough
C. the pictures taken are not very clear
D. he has not yet fully realized his hope to see space for himself
5). Man feels excited when he ______.
A. thinks about the future in space research
B. will step into a rocket, rise from the earth and land somewhere else
C. goes on space trips freely and knows how big our world is
D. all of the above