奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 1644|回复: 0

华东石油2011年春季《大学英语2》综合复习资料

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-7-2 08:32:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
《大学英语2》综合复习资料
期末考试型:
I. Use of English (20%) 完成会话,共10题,每题2分
II. Reading Comprehension (40%) 阅读理解,共四篇文章,20题,每题2分
III. Vocabulary and Structure (30%) 词汇与语法,共30题,每题1分
IV. Cloze Test (10%) 完型填空,共10题,每题1分
I. Use of English  
1. — I haven’t seen Billy for 10 years.  
— ________
A. Either have I.                 B. So have I.
C. Haven’t I.                 D. Neither have I.
2. — What would you like, tea or coffee?
— _________
A. Yes, I would.                  B. Coffee, please.
C. Yes, please.                 D. It’ very nice.
3. — Do you know who telephoned me?
— ________
A. I heard it was Sally.         B. Yes, I remember it now.
C. No, I didn’t phone you.         D. Yes, I know you well.
4. — Excuse me, how far is the airport from here?
— _________
A. You can take a taxi.         B. It’s about thirty miles.
C. I’ll fly to Sydney.         D. It’s only six hundred dollars.
5. — I’ve got two tickets for the match. Shall we go and watch it together?
— _________
A. The tickets must be expensive.         B. The match must be exciting.
C. Why not? Let’s go.        D. The place is too far away.
6. — I’ll meet you outside the cinema in an hour, OK?           
— ______________________.   
    A. No, 2 hours later                                 B. Yes, that’s a good idea
    C. OK, but I can manage                                    D. No, I don’t think so
7.— You’ve won the football game. Congratulations!        
— _____________________.   
    A. It’s nice of you to say so                           B. We are really lucky
    C. No one else could do it                              D. Oh, not really
8. — Have you got any oranges and apples?         
    A. Yes, madam, on the second shelf over there.         B. The oranges are very cheap.
    C. You like apples, don’t you?                           D. Of course, we have some fruits.
9. — Excuse me, you left this handbag in the shop.      
A. It’s not my fault.                                               B. Oh, thank you.     
C. I’m sorry. I’m busy.                                   D. It’s mine!
10. — ____
    — Drop in if you have time.
    — Sure. Bye!     
A. Well, I really must be going now.               
B. I wonder if you could let me go now.
C. Do you mind if I leave now?                     
D. What a shame that I want to go now!
11. — Let’s go swimming, shall we?           
— ___________________.   
A. It’s my pleasure                               B. It doesn’t matter     
C. Yes, let’s go                             D. I agree with you
12. — I enjoyed the food very much.
    — I’m glad you liked it. Please drop in any time you like.
A. Is it all right?                               B. I’m afraid I won’t be free.   
C. Yes, I will.                                       D. That’s great.
13. — I’m afraid I can’t finish the book this week.      
— _____________________.  
A. Please go ahead                          B. That’s right      
C. Not at all                                D. Take your time
14. —  Hello, may I have an appointment with the doctor?        
A. Sorry, he is busy at the moment.           
B. Why didn’t you call earlier?
C. Certainly. May I know your name?            
D. Sorry, he doesn’t want to see you.
15. — You’ve given us a wonderful English dinner, Mrs. Smith.      
— _______________________.  
A. Oh, I’m afraid I didn’t cook very well         
B. I’m glad you enjoyed it
C. Come again when you are free                
D. It’s not necessary for you to say so
16. — Do you have the time?
    — Sorry, I have no watch.
    — ________________
A. What a shame!                                        B. Thanks anyway.   
C. It doesn’t matter.                                      D. Why not buy one?
17. — May I see the dentist now?
—______________.
A. Is it a real emergency?           
B. Do you have an appointment?
C. In that case, you’ll have to wait.   
D. I’ll talk to the dentist and squeeze you in.
18. —  $1,500, but that’s my last offer.         
—  OK. It’s a ________________.
A. cost                                                    B. price         
C. reward                                                D. deal
19. — We were talking about the new play ________, remember?
    — Yes, I enjoyed it very much.
A. the other day                               B. another day      
C. some day                                        D. other day
20. — You keep on coughing. What’s the matter?
    —  Oh, I’ve got a cold. Nothing serious, ________.
A. yet                                                   B. indeed            
C. though                                                  D. anyway
21.  —May I see the menu, please?
—               .
A. That is the menu, sir                                            B. Yes, please go on
C. Here you are, sir                                               D. Of course, sir
22. He pushed his way through the crowd, saying “_____.”
A. Never mind                                                        B. With pleasure
C. Go ahead                                                        D. Excuse me
23. ― I hope I am not interrupting your work.
― ________________.
A. Oh, that’s all right.                                         B. O.K. Let’s start again.
C. Please go on with your work.                         D. It’s hard to say.
24. “Can you spare me a few minutes now?” “______, but I’ll be free this afternoon.”
A. No, I won’t                                                        B. Yes, with pleasure
C. I’m not sure                                                D. I’m afraid not
25. — I’m glad you like it. Please drop in any time you like.
— ____________
A. I’m afraid I won’t be free.                        B. Yes, I will.
C. Is it all right?                                    D. That’s a great idea.
26. “You must find such long hours very tiring.” “______. I enjoyed it.”
A. After all                                                         B. Never mind
C. Not in the least                                                D. That’s all right
27. “Would you take this along to the office for me?” “_____.”
A. That’s right                                                        B. With pleasure
C. Never mind                                                        D. Not at all
28. ―Would you rather walk or ride a bicycle?
―____________________
        A. Yes, of course                                                B. No, thanks
        C. It doesn’t matter                                                D. Ride a bicycle
29. “Mr. Smith is a kind person. I like to work with him.” “In fact, everyone _______.”
A. is                                        B. does                 C. has                                D. likes
30. — What is your major, Jack?
—_______________
A. I study very hard.                                                        B. I’m learning course.
C. I major English.                                                        D. I’m majoring in computer science.
II. Reading Comprehension
Passage 1
Amy Johnson was a pioneer airwoman in Britain. She was born on July 1, 1903, in Yorkshire and lived there until 1923 when she went to Sheffield University to study for a BA. After graduation she took a job as a secretary to a London lawyer. At the same time she became interested in aviation(飞行), and to succeed in some project which would prove to the world that women could be as competent as men in a male-dominated field in those days.
Early in 1930, she chose her objective: to fly solo to Australia and to break the previous record of 16 days. Her parents and some of her friends lent her money to buy a used airplane.
Amy set off on May 5, 1930. Her route took her over Vienna and Baghdad. She was caught in a sandstorm and had to make an emergency landing in the desert. Six days later she landed in India. After experiencing much hardship, she finally reached Australia on May 24, completing a flight of 11,000 miles. She was the first woman to fly alone to Australia. In later years, she set several other records in flight history.

1. What is the passage mainly about?
A. Amy Johnson’s life story as a female flyer.
  B. Amy Johnson’s great contribution to aviation.
  C. Amy Johnson’s determination to be a pilot.
  D. Amy Johnson’s flight to Australia.
2. When did Amy Johnson become interested in flying?
  A. In 1923.                                                
  B. In 1930.
  C. After she received a BA.
  D. After graduation from Yorkshire University.
3. How long did it take her to fly to Australia?
  A. 17 days.                                                 B. 18 days.
  C. 19 days.                                                 D. 20 days.
4. How was Amy Johnson’s flight to Australia?
  A. Exciting.                                                 B. Unpleasant.
  C. Disappointing.                                         D. Difficult.
5. What can be concluded from the passage?
  A. Amy Johnson’s parents were rich and generous.
  B. Amy Johnson’s dream came true.
  C. Amy Johnson was the first woman who owned an airplane.
  D. Amy Johnson was the first pilot to fly to Australia all by herself.

Passage 2
Do you find getting up in the morning so difficult that it’s painful? This might be called laziness, but Dr. Kleitman has a new explanation. He has proved that everyone has a daily energy cycle.
During the hours when you labor through your work, you may say that you’re "hot". That’s true. The time of day when you feel most energetic (精力充沛) is when your cycle of body temperature is at its peak. For some people the peak comes before noon. For others it comes in the afternoon or evening. No one has discovered why this is so, but it leads to such familiar sayings as: “Get up, John! You’re late for work again!” The possible explanation to the trouble is that John is at his temperature-and-energy peak in the evening, Much family quarrelling ends when husbands and wives realize what these energy cycles mean, and which cycle each member of the family has.
You can’t change your energy cycle, but you can learn to make your life fit it better. Habit can help, Dr. Kleitman believes. If your energy is low in the morning but you have an important job to do early in the day, rise before your usual hour. This won’t change your cycle, but you’ll work better at your low point.
Get off to a slow start which saves your energy. When you get up, sit on the edge of the bed a minute before putting your feet on the floor. Avoid the troublesome search for clean clothes by laying them out the night before. Whenever possible, do routine work in the afternoon and save tasks requiring more energy or concentration for your sharper hours.

1. According to the new findings of Dr. Kleitman, if a person finds getting up early a problem, most probably_______.
A. he is a lazy person
B. he refuses to follow his own energy cycle
C. he is not sure when his energy is low
D. he is at his energy peak in the afternoon or evening
2. Which of the following may lead to family quarrels according to the passage?
A. Unawareness of energy cycles.
B. Familiar saying.
C. A change in a family member’s energy cycle.
D. Attempts to control the energy cycle of other family members.
3. If one wants to work more efficiently at his low point in the morning, he should______.
A. change his energy cycle        B. overcome his laziness
C. get up earlier than usual        D. go to bed earlier
4. You are advised to act slow when you rise in the morning because it will______.
A. help to keep your energy for the day’s work
B. help you to control your mood early in the day
C. enable you to concentrate on your routine work
D. keep your energy cycle under control all day
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. Getting off to work with a minimum effort helps save one’s energy.
B. Dr. Kleitman explains why people reach their peak at different hours of day.
C. Habit helps one adapt to his own energy cycle.
D. Children have energy cycles, too.

Passage 3
The advantages and disadvantages of a large population have long been a subject of discussion among economists. It has been argued that the supply of good land is limited. To feed a large population, inferior land must be cultivated and the good land worked intensively. Thus, each person produces less and this means a lower average income than could be obtained with a smaller population. Other economists have argued that a large population gives more scope for specialization and the development of facilities such as ports, roads and railways, which are not likely to be built unless there is a big demand to justify them.
One of the difficulties in carrying out a world-wide birth control program lies in the fact that official attitudes to population growth vary from country to country depending on the level of industrial development and the availability of food and raw materials. In the developing country where a vastly expanded population is pressing hard upon the limits of food, space and natural resources, it will be the first concern of government to place a limit on the birthrate, whatever the consequences(后果)may be. In the highly industrialized society the problem may be more complex. A decreasing birthrate may lead to unemployment because it results in a declining market for manufactured good. When the pressure of population on housing declines, prices also decline and the building industry is weakened. Faced with considerations such as these, the government of a developed country may well prefer to see a slowly increasing population, rather than one which is stable or in decline.

1. A small population may mean ___________ .
A. higher productivity, but a lower average income
B. lower productivity, but a higher average income
C. lower productivity, and a lower average income
D. higher productivity, and a higher average income
2. According the passage, a large population will provide a chance for developing ___________ .
A. agriculture                                                B. transport system
C. industry                                                        D. national economy
3. In a developed country, people will perhaps go out of work if the birth rate ___________ .
A. goes up                                                        B. is decreasing
C. remains stable                                                D. is out of control
4. According to the passage slowly rising birthrate perhaps is good for ___________.
A. a developed nation
B. a developing nation
C. every nation with a big population
D. every nation with a small population
5. It is no easy job to carry out a general plan for birth control throughout the world because ___________ .
A. there are too many underdeveloped countries in the world
B. underdeveloped countries have low level of industrial development
C. different governments have different views of the question
D. even developed countries may have complex problems

Passage 4
Once a man was waiting for a taxi. A beggar came along and asked him for some money. The man ignored him. But being a professional, the beggar kept on pestering him. The man became angry when he realized that the beggar would not leave him alone unless he gives him some money.
Suddenly an idea occurred to him. He told the beggar, “I do not have money, but if you tell me what you want to do with the money, I will certainly help you.” “I would have bought a cup of tea”, replied the beggar. The man said, “Sorry man. I can offer you a cigarette instead of tea.” He then took a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and offered one to the beggar. The beggar told, “I don’t smoke as it is harmful to health.”
The man smiled and took a bottle of whisky from his pocket and told the beggar, “Here, take this bottle and enjoy the stuff. It’s really good.” The beggar refused by saying, “Alcohol muddles the brain and damages the liver”. The man smiled again. He told the beggar, “I am going to the race course. Come with me and I will arrange for some tickets and we will place bets. If we win, you take the whole amount and leave me alone.” As before, the beggar politely refused the latest offer by saying, “Sorry sir, I can’t come with you as betting on horses is a bad habit.”
Suddenly the man felt relieved and asked the beggar to come to his home with him. Finally, the beggar’s face lit up in hope of receiving at least something from the man. But he still had his doubts and asked the man, “Why do you want me to go to your house with you?”
The man replied, “My wife always wanted to see how a man with no bad habits looks like.”
1. What did the man first offer the beggar?
A. Some money.                                               
B. A cup of tea.        
C. A cigarette.                                                      
D. A bottle of whisky.
2. The beggar did not want the bottle of whisky because_______________.
A. nobody ever offered him any whisky        
B. he thought drinking is bad for his health
C. he didn’t have any money to pay for whisky   
D. one bottle was not enough for him
3. Which of the following statements is true?
A. The man gave the beggar some money when he asked again.
B. The man offered the beggar a cup of tea.
C. The beggar thought whisky is a good stuff.
D. The beggar regarded betting on horses as a bad habit.
4. Why did the man ask the beggar to go to his home with him?
A. Because the beggar insisted on going to his home with him.
B. Because the man’s wife insisted on inviting the beggar to his home.
C. Because the man’s wife always wants to see the beggar.
D. Because the man wanted his wife to see how a man with no bad habits was like.
5. What’s the best title for this passage?
A. A Persistent Beggar.                                               
B. A Man with Bad Habits.
C. A Man with No Bad Habits.                               
D. A Man’s Wife and a Beggar.

Passage 5
When the weather is hot, you go to a lake or an ocean. When you are near a lake or an ocean, you feel cool. Why? The sun makes the earth hot, but it cannot make the water very hot. Although the air over the earth becomes hot, the air over the water stays cool. The hot air over the earth rises. Then the cool air over the water moves in and takes the place of the hot air. When you are near a lake or an ocean, you feel the cool air when it moves in. You feel the wind. And the wind makes you cool.
Of course, scientists cannot answer all of our questions. If we ask, “Why is the ocean full of salt?” scientists will say that the salt comes from rocks. When a rock gets very hot or very cold, it cracks. Rain falls into the cracks. The rain then carries the salt into the earth and into the rivers. The rivers carry the salt into the ocean. But then we ask, “What happens to the salt in the ocean? The ocean does not get more salty every year.” Scientists are not sure about the answer to this question.
We know a lot about our world, but there are still many answers that we do not have, and we are curious about them.

1. The main idea of the passage is that ______ .
A. people feel cool when they are near a lake or an ocean
B. scientists can explain everything we want to know
C. scientists can explain many things but not everything
D. the salt in the ocean comes from rocks
2. You feel cool when you are near a lake or an ocean because ______ .
A. the water is cold
B. the earth is hot
C. the water is colder than the earth
D. the cool air from the water moves towards the land
3. Now scientists know ______ .
A. what makes people feel cool near a lake or an ocean in summer
B. everything about the ocean
C. why the ocean does not get more salty
D. what happens to the salt in the ocean
4. A rock cracks when ______ .
A. rain falls                                                        
B. it gets very hot
C. it gets very cold                                               
D. either B or C
5. People are always curious because ______ .
A. they know nothing about the world
B. they know little about the world
C. there are answers they do not have
D. either A or B

Passage 6
The home computers industry has been growing rapidly in the United States for the last ten years. Computers used to be large, expensive machines that were very difficult to use. But scientists and technicians have been making them smaller and cheaper while at the same time they have been made easier to use. As a result, their popularity has been increasing as more people have been buying computers for their homes and businesses. Computers have been designed to store information and compute complex problems. Some have voices that speak with the operators. Stores use computers to keep records of their inventories and to send bills to their customers. Officers use computers to type letters, record business and communicate with other offices. People have been using computers in their homes to keep track of expenses and turn appliances on and off.
One important new use for computers is for entertainment. Many new games have been designed to be played on the computers. People of all ages have been playing these games. They have been going to Arcades where the computer games can be played for a small cost. People also have been buying home computers to play computer games at home. They have become very popular indeed.

1. Computers in the United States ______ .
A. used to be small to use
B. used to be nice
C. used to be heavy
D. used to be large and expensive
2. Computers have been getting more and more popular because______ .
A. the Americans want to appear rich
B. they are smaller, cheaper and easier to use
C. they can help Americans do everything
D. they can type letters
3. Computers can be used ______ .
A. for entertainment and relaxation
B. to work out complex problems
C. to do any of the ten things mentioned in the reading
D. to keep track of expenses and turn appliances on and off
4. ______ have been playing computer games.
A. Children                                                       
B. Young people
C. Old people                                                       
D. People of all ages
5. It may be concluded that ______ .
A. computers have been widely used by Americans
B. computers can solve complex problems.
C. computers are domestic robots
D. computers are new machines

Passage 7
Look at your watch for just one minute. During that time, the population of the world increased by eighty-five people. Perhaps you think that isn’t much. In the next hour, more than 5 000 additional people will be living on this planet. So it goes, hour after hour. In one day, there are about 120 000 additional mouths to feed. Multiply this by 365. What will happen in 100 year?
If the present speed of population increase continues for the next 600 or 700 years, there will be standing room only. Each person will have between 3 to 10 square feet of space in which to live. This includes the mountain tops, deserts and the ice and snow fields of the polar regions.
Since 600 years is so far away, take a look at the years directly ahead. How can the hungry people be fed? About half the babies born this year will not have enough to eat. Is the world running out of water? Will there be enough fuel? What will supply the energy needed to run the machines of tomorrow’s world? Certainly, man must look to the future and find new ways of providing for his needs.
People around the world are becoming more and more concerned about the population explosion. Some are hoping that there can be some control of the number of people that are born, but population control is a subject which touches on the moral and religious beliefs of many people. Even many families have fewer children, the speed of the population explosion will only be reduced, not stopped. There will be problems of food supply, water, and power.

1.        The writer thinks that in a hundred years’ time ______ .
A. there will be 120 000×365×100 more people on this planet
B. there will be standing room only
C. there will be terrible problems arising from the population explosion unless something is done about it
D. there will be between 3-10 square feet of space for each person to live in
2.        The population of the world increased at a speed of eighty-five persons ______ .
A. an hour                                                B. a minute
C. a day                                                        D. a week
3.        In the years directly ahead the writer thinks that mankind can solve the problem of the population explosion by ______ .
A. controlling the number of babies born
B. developing new techniques to deal with problem of food, water and power supply
C. moving people from the over-populated areas of the world to those areas that are less crowded
D. touching on the moral and religious beliefs of many people
4.        From the long-term point of view, the writer thinks that ______ .
A. people will live at the mountain tops, deserts and the ice and snow fields, even in the Antarctica
B. each person will have 10 square feet of space to live in
C. there will be standing room only
D. there will be square to walk on
5.        The writer thinks if families have fewer children, the speed of the population explosion ______ .
A. will only be reduced                               
B. will be stopped
C. won’t be stopped                               
D. can never be reduced

Passage 8
Generations of Americans have been brought up to believe that a good breakfast is one of life’s essentials. Eating breakfast at the start of the day, we have all been told, and told again, is as necessary as putting gasoline in the family car before starting a trip.
But for many people the thought of food first thing in the morning is by no means a pleasure. So despite all the efforts, they still take no breakfast. Between 1977 and 1983, the latest year for which figures are available, the number of people who didn’t have breakfast increased by 33 percent — from 8.8 million to 11.7 million — according to the Chicago-based Market Research Corporation of America.
For those who feel pain or guilt about not eating breakfast, however, there is some good news. Several studies in the last few years indicate that, for adults especially, there may be nothing wrong with omitting breakfast. “Going without breakfast does not affect performance,” said Arnold E. Bender, the former professor of nutrition at Queen Elizabeth College in London, “nor does giving people breakfast improve performance.”
Scientific evidence linking breakfast to better health or better performance is surprisingly inadequate, and most of the recent work involves children, not adults. “The literature,” says one researcher, Dr Ernesto Pollitt at the University of Texas, “is poor.”

1.        The latest year for which figures could be obtained is ______ .
A. the year the author wrote the article
B. 1977
C. any year between 1977 and 1983
D. 1983
2.        For those who do not take breakfast the good news is that ______ .
A. several studies have been done in the past few years
B. the omission of breakfast does no harm to one’s health
C. adults have especially made studies in this field
D. eating little in the morning is good for health
3.        “… nor does giving people breakfast improve performance” means ______ .
A. anyone without breakfast does improve his performance
B. not giving people breakfast improves performance
C. having breakfast does not improve performance, either
D. people having breakfast do improve their performances, too
4.        The word “literature” in the last sentence refers to ______ .
A. stories, poems, plays, etc.
B. written works on a particular subject
C. any printed material
D. the modern literature of America
5.        What is implied but not stated by the author is that ______ .
A. breakfast does not affect performance
B. Dr Pollitt is engaged in research work at an institution of higher learning
C. not eating breakfast might affect the health of children
D. Professor Bender once taught college courses in nutrition in London

Passage 9
Manners are very important in every country, but the trouble is that different countries have different ideas about what counts as polite behavior. What is good manners in one country may not be appropriate behavior in another. Chinese people may be shocked at what counts as good manners in England.
When an Englishman passes a friend in the street he does not always stop to talk. He may just nod, say" hello" and pass on. If two friends do stop to talk, they do not shake hands. It is only at parties for young people (students, for instance) that a person could go up to someone he does not know and introduce himself. On more formal occasions or at parties run by older people a guest always waits to be introduced to someone he does not know by the host, hostess or another guest who he already knows. At even a formal dinner an Englishman does not wait for a toast before he has a drink. The English reserve toasts for very formal or very special occasions. In these cases the toast will usually be accompanied by a short speech, for example, at a wedding reception or at a party for somebody who is retiring. After a private dinner in someone's house an Englishman will only shake hands with the host and hostess if it is a fairly formal occasion, like a business dinner, and he will usually put his coat on and say goodbye as he leaves the house.
        Luckily, like Chinese people, the English usually excuse foreign students over matters of etiquette. But even so, perhaps the safest advice for the overseas student, no matter what country he is visiting, is to follow the old proverb: when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

1. When an Englishman meets a friend in the street, he may ____________________.
A. stop to talk to his friend                                B. just nod and say “hello”
C. shake hands with his friend                        D. just say goodbye
2. What will a person do when he attend a party run by older people?
A. Go up to a stranger and introduce himself.               
B. Ask his friend to introduce him to others.
C. Give a speech in front of others to introduce himself.
D. Wait to be introduced by the host / hostess.
3. On which occasion will the English toast?
A. A wedding reception.                                        B. A dinner party.
C. A speech.                                                        D. A meeting.
4. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Different countries have similar ideas about what good manners are.                               
B. Chinese people seem to be more polite than English people.
C. An Englishman will shake hands with the host after a private business dinner.
D. The English usually can’t understand foreign students impolite behaviors.
5. Which of the following best explains the proverb: when in Rome, do as the Romans do.
        A. If you go to Rome, you must do things like the Romans.
        B. When you go to a foreign country, you should learn something about their manners.
C. Romans always do the right thing, so you should follow them.
D. Manners in Roman are as easy to follow as in other countries.

Passage 10
As supplier of most of the food we eat and of raw materials for many industrial processes, agriculture is clearly an important area of the economy. But the industrial performance of agriculture is even more important than this. For in nations where the productivity of farmers is low, most of the working population is needed to raise food and few people are available for production of investment goods or for other activities required for economic growth. Indeed, one of the factors related most closely to the per capital income (人均收入) of a nation is the fraction of its population engaged in farming. In the poorest nations of the world more than half of the population lives on farms. This compares sharply with less than 10 per cent in Western Europe and less than 4 per cent in the United States.
In short, the course of economic development in general depends in a fundamental way on the performance of farmers. This performance in turn, depends on how agriculture is organized and on the economic environment, or market structure, within which it function. In the following pages the performance of American agriculture is examined. It is appropriate to begin with a conversation of its market structure.

1. This passage is most probably ________.
A. a news item
B. part of an introduction of a book
C. part of a lecture
D. an advertisement
2. What is most important to agriculture is ________.
A. the amount of food it produces
B. the per capital income of farmers
C. its industrial performance
D. the production of investment goods
3. The word “this” in Line 3 refers to ________.
A. the provision of food and raw materials
B. the productivity of farmers
C. the production of investment goods
D. the economy as a whole
4. The performance of farmers essentially determines ________.
A. the size of the working population
B. the organization of agriculture
C. the market structure
D. the general development of economy
5. This passage will most probably be followed by a discussion of ________.
A. the structure of American farming population
B. the market structure of American agriculture
C. the various functions of American agriculture
D. the organization of American agriculture

Passage 11
Twenty years ago, kids in school had never even heard of the internet. Now, I’ll bet you can’t find a single person in your school who hasn’t at least heard of it. In fact, many of us use it on a regular basis and even have access to it from our homes! The “net” in internet really stands for network. A network is two or more computers connected together so that information can be shared, or sent from one computer to another. The internet is a vast resource for all types of information. You may enjoy using it to do research for a school project, downloading your favorite songs or communicating with friends and family. Information is accessed through web pages that companies, organizations and individuals create and post. It’s kind of like a giant bulletin board that the whole world uses! But since anyone can put anything on the internet, you also have to be careful and use your best judgment and a little common sense.
Just because you read something on a piece of paper someone sticks on a bulletin board doesn’t mean it’s good information, or even correct, for that matter. So you have to be sure that whoever posted the information knows what they’re talking about, especially if you’re doing research! But what if you’re just emailing people? You still have to be very careful. If you’ve never met the person that you’re communicating with online, you could be on dangerous ground! You should never give out any personal information to someone you don’t know, not even your name! And just like you can’t believe the information on every website out there, you can’t rely on what strangers you “meet” on the internet tell you either. Just as you could make up things about yourself to tell someone, someone else could do the same to you!

1. Several computers can be connected together by the Internet so that____________.
A. people can see each other                               
B. information can be shared and sent freely
C. you can read newspaper                               
D. you can create anything you like
2. You should be careful when you are surfing online because____________.
A. some of the information may not be true or right
B. some people may give you the wrong information
C. some information may do harm to you
D. all the above
3. When you are emailing people, you____________.
A. need not worry because it is completely safe
B. should never let others know your name
C. should never give out any personal information to a stranger
D. can trust them and tell them anything
4. What does the author think of the Internet?
A. Everything has two sides; so is the Internet.
B. The Internet is dangerous and harmful.
C. The Internet is wonderful because it helps people do a lot of things.
D. The Internet is boring and dull.
5. Which of the following can be the best title for this passage?
A. Internet and I.                                        B. The Development of Internet.
C. Internet Safety.                                        D. The Information Age.

Passage 12
You are a German living in Berlin. One day you’re walking down the street, minding your own business, when suddenly a stranger approached with a smile on his face. After stopping you, he holds a small electronic device close to his face and speaks slowly into it, saying, in English: “Can you tell me where I can buy some sauerkraut?” What should you do? A. Run away; B. Call the police; or, C. Listen closely for the device to say, in German, “Konnen Sie mir bitte sager, which Sauerkraut Kaufen Kann?”
The most appropriate response would be C. because the person in front of you is only a tourist trying to enjoy himself. The device is said to be the world’s first portable transistor—a hand-held microcomputer that—at the same time converts one spoken language into another.
The four-pound battery-operated product is called the Voice, and it is the creation of Advanced Products and Technologies, an American electronics company. When the Voice is introduced in the United States in late April—at a price of $1,500—it will be capable of converting spoken English into Italian, German, French and Spanish. The product comes with separate cartridges (盒式储存器) for each of the four languages, which can be changed when the user travels from one country to another. The item will be sold in Europe soon after the U.S. Introduction, with cartridges that covert Italian, German, French and Spanish into English.
The Voice uses a microchip (微型集成块) and artificial intelligence to translate Languages. It is started by voice command and produces voice output through a built-in speaker. Then the user makes a statement or asks a question, the Voice immediately repeats what has been said in another Language.

1. The stranger holding the Voice seems to be ________.
A. asking for some information               
B. greeting the German
C. amusing himself                                       
D. practising his German
2. The German sentence “Konnen Sie Kann?” means ________.
A. “Why don’t you ask the policeman.”
B. “Would you listen closely for the device to say?”
C. “Can you say it again, please?”
D. “Can you tell me where I can buy some sauerkraut?”
3. The word “speaker” in the last paragraph refers to ________.
A. the person who speaks to the device
B. a component part of the Voice
C. the person who speaks German
D. the speech produced by the Voice
4. Which of the following is NOT TRUE?
A. The voice is an invention of an electronics company.
B. The voice is a hand-held translator.
C. The voice is new product in wide use.
D. The voice is mainly a microcomputer.
5. The Voice can translate ________.
A. from German into any of the other four languages mentioned
B. from and into English by using the same cartridges
C. between any two of the above-mentioned languages
D. from English into any of the other four languages or the other way round
III. Vocabulary and Structure
1. The more difficult the problems are, ______ able to solve them.
  A. I am the less likely        B. the less likely I am
  C. I am less the likely        D. the likely less I am
2. Every spare minute he gets is spent ______ his car.
  A. to wash                B. in wash       
C. washing                D. on washing
3. Don’t get off the bus until it ______.
  A. has stopped                B. stopped       
C. will stop                D. shall stop
4. ______ one occasion he helped an old woman who was in danger ______ the risk of his life.
  A. In, as                B. On, at       
C. By, with                D. At, in
5. —When ______ again?
  —When he ______, I’ll let you know.
  A. he comes, comes                B. will he come, will come
  C. he comes, will come        D. will he come, comes
6. Hardly ______ the classroom when the class began.
  A. had he entered                B. he entered
  C. has he entered                D. he had entered
7. —Hi, Tracy, you look tired.
   —I am tired. I ______ the living room all day.
  A. painted                B. had painted       
C. have painted                D. have been painting
8. The strike is said ______ by the government’s negligence of the people’s welfare.
  A. to be caused                B. to cause       
C. being caused                D. to have been caused
9. The teacher doesn’t permit ______ in class.
A. smoke                B. smoking       
C. to smoke                D. to have a smoke
10. ______ adequate preparations, they thought it better to postpone the journey till next week.
  A. Not to have made                B. Not making
  C. Not having made                D. Having not made
11. Was it last Friday ______ you met him?
  A. on which                B. which       
C. when                D. that
12. ______ with the size of the whole earth, the highest mountain doesn’t seem high at all.
  A. When compared                B. While comparing       
C. Compare                D. To compare
13. If I ______ there tomorrow, I would see you.
  A. will go                B. go       
C. should go                D. can go       
14. We desire that the tour leader ______ us immediately of any change in plan.
  A. inform                B. informed       
C. informs                D. had informed
15. Tom ______ be at home because he telephoned me from Beijing just a moment ago.
  A. mustn’t                 B. isn’t able to       
C. can’t                 D. may not
31-35 ACADB                 36-40 BABCB
41-45 BDCCC       
16.  If I had remembered _________ the door, the things would not have been stolen.
A. to lock                                                        B. locking                        
C. to have locked                                        D. having locked
17.  With apples at 25 cents a pound, we couldn’t resist _________ four pounds.
A. to take                                                        B. took                       
C. taking                                                        D. have taken
18. John regretted _________ to the meeting last week.
A. not going                                                B. not to go
C. not having been going                        D. not to be going
19.  Before _________ the house, you should get a surveyor _________ it over.
A. buying … looking                                B. having bought … to look
C. buying … to have looked                        D. buying … to look
20.  I have no objection _________ the evening with them.
A. to spend                                                B. to spending                       
C. of spending                                                D. spending
21. You should go to the grand opening ceremony, ___________?
A. aren’t you                                                B. shouldn’t you       
C. wouldn’t you                                        D. don’t you
22. — Hangzhou is a very beautiful city, isn’t it?
 —___________
A. Yes, it is.                                                B. Yes, it isn’t.                       
C. No, it is.                                                D. No, it isn’t.
23. The class ___________ over, we had a ___________ discussion.
A. been, heat                                                B. being, heated
C. is, heating                                                D. be, heated
24. With the problem ___________, we are getting along even more smoothly.
A. settles                                                        B. to settle
C. settled                                                        D. to be settling
25. They found a pile of gold at the entrance. There was ________ more inside the cave.
A. yet                                                        B. still               
C. many                                                        D. lot of
26. It was the officer ________ informed the village of the danger.
A. which                                                        B. that               
C. what                                                        D. whether
27. — You should have given them some suggestions.
— ________, but who would listen to me?
A. So should I                                                B. So I should
        C. So did I                                                D. So I did  
28. Seeing the police coming, away ____.
A. the thieves ran                                        B. had the thieves run
C. ran the thieves                                        D. did the thieves run   
29. The man told his girl friend he would wait for her where the three roads __________.
A. link                                                        B. connect               
C. meet                                                        D. combine
30. Their production is on the decline, so they decided to ______ some new policies.
A. adapt                                                        B. advise
C. adopt                                                        D. adjust
31. I should like to rent a house, modern, comfortable and ________ in a quiet neighborhood.
A. all in all                                                B. above all
C. after all                                                D. over all
32. ________ we have finished the course, we shall start doing more revision work.
A. For now                                                B. Now that       
C. Ever since                                                D. By now
33. What you have done is ________ the doctor’s orders.
A. attached to                                                B. responsible to
C. resistant to                                                D. contrary to
34. John regretted ________ to the meeting last week.
A. not going                                                B. not to go
C. not having been going                        D. not to be going
35. They ________ in spite of the extremely difficult conditions.
A. carried out                                                B. carried off
C. carried on                                                D. carried forward
36. Mrs. Brown is supposed ________ for Italy last week.
A. to have left                                                B. to be leaving
C. to leave                                                D. to have been left
37. It was essential that the application forms ________ back before the deadline.
A. must be sent                                        B. would be sent
C. be sent                                                        D. were sent
38. We ________ our breakfast when an old man came to the door.
A. just have had                                        B. have just had
C. just had                                                D. had just had
39. Children who are over-protected by their parents may become ________.
A. hurt                                                        B. damaged
C. spoiled                                                D. harmed
40. When Mr. Jones gets old, he will ________ over his business to his son.
A. take                                                        B. hand
C. think                                                        D. get
41. The bridge was named ________ the hero who gave his life for the cause of the people.
A. after                                                        B. with
C. by                                                        D. from
42. There were no tickets ________ for Friday’s performance.
A. preferable                                                B. considerable
C. possible                                                D. available
43. It wasn’t such a good dinner ________ she had promised us.
A. that                                                        B. which
C. as                                                        D. what
44. They decided to chase the cow away ________ it did more damage.
A. unless                                                        B. until       
C. before                                                        D. although
45. ________ student with a little common sense should be able to answer the question.
A. Each                                                        B. Any
C. Either                                                        D. One
46. By the time you get to Beijing tomorrow, I ________ for Shanghai.
A. am leaving                                                B. should have left
C. will leave                                                D. have already left
47. It was essential that all the necessary documents ________ to the president’s office being the end of this month.
A. be handed in                                        B. must be handed in
C. should                                                        D. had been handed in
48. The car is quite ________ of petrol.
A. economic                                                B. economical
C. saving                                                        D. sparing
49. The traffic was very heavy; otherwise I ________ here 50 minutes sooner.
A. would be                                                B. should be
C. had been                                                D. would have been
50. ________ his great wealth, he always remained a man of simple tastes.
A. Except for                                                B. With regard to
C. Despite                                                D. Although
51. The socks were too small and it was only by ________ them that he managed to get them on.
A. spreading                                                B. extending
C. lengthening                                                D. stretching
52. Language can be defined as a tool by which human beings ________ with one another.
A. associate                                                B. connect
C. communicate                                        D. correspond
53. As a small boy, he was slow ________ learning to read and write.
A. on                                                        B. with
C. in                                                                D. about
54. Tony was ________ a mile of the hotel when he ran out of petrol.
A. within                                                        B. inside
C. about                                                        D. off
55. It has been rather costly to install the machinery, but it will prove to be worth the money ________.
A. in the long run                                        B. in conclusion
C. at long last                                                D. at the end
56. I don’t know why he ________ in the middle of a sentence.
A. broke off                                                B. broke out
C. broke through                                        D. broke away
57. I’m sorry Andy didn’t want to go to the conference. ________ willing to go we would have paid all his expenses.
A. Being                                                        B. Was he               
C. He had been                                        D. Had he been
58. The minister was the person ________.
A. whom the state dinner was given in honour
B. for whom the state dinner was given honour
C. whose honour the state dinner was given
D. in whose honour the state dinner was given
59. The young driver looked over the engine carefully lest it ________ on the way.
A. goes wrong                                                B. would go wrong
C. went wrong                                                D. should go wrong
60. John had been working hard and ________.
A. so his brother had                                B. so had his brother
C. so was his brother                                D. so his brother did

IV. Cloze
Cloze 1
The air surrounding us is important to everyone. Without air, we could not  1 . Everyone understands that. But air is necessary  2  many other ways that are not always so obvious or widely known. For example, if we did not have air,  3  would be no sound. Sound travels through air. Where there is no air, there is no sound.  4  air, there would be no fire. There would be no automobiles,  5  motors need air in order to operate.
Without air there would be no wind or clouds. There would be no  6 , as we know it. The night time would be very  7 , the days very hot. We would be forced to seek shelter from the sun,   8  there would be no atmosphere to protect us from the sun’s deadly rays. The atmosphere is all the air surrounding the  9 . Atmosphere pressure is the weight of all that air against the  10   of the earth. If we did not have atmospheric pressure, we could not have automobile tires. The tires would swell or burst if they did not have the pressure of the atmosphere against their surface.

1. A. living        B. lively        C. exist        D. alive
2. A. under         B. of        C. on        D. in
3. A. there        B. they        C. it        D. we
4. A. Despite        B. With        C. As        D. Without
5. A. however        B. but        C. since        D. and
6. A. air        B. weather        C. breeze        D. climate
7. A. warm        B. cool        C. cold        D. hot
8. A. as        B. so        C. that        D. so that
9. A. floor        B. ground        C. land        D. earth
10. A. top        B. surface        C. face        D. coverage
61-70  CDADC                        BCADB

Cloze 2
Once a group of tourists who were staying at a hotel in Birmingham were having dinner in the restaurant. Fish was  1  and while they were eating it some of them told interesting stories about finding pearls and other valuable things inside fish.
     2  old gentleman, who had listened quietly  3  their conversation, rose and said:
“I’ve heard all your stories, and now I’ll tell you one. When I was a young man I was working in a large importing company in New York. Before long, I fell in love with a pretty young girl. Very soon we were engaged. But just two months before our marriage, I was suddenly sent to Birmingham  4  very important business. I left my sweetheart, promising to write  5  her.”
“I was obliged to stay in Birmingham longer than I had expected.  6  last my work was done, and just before I left for home, I bought a beautiful and very expensive diamond ring, intending to give it to my sweetheart.”
“  7  my way to New York, I was looking through the morning newspaper when I saw  8  announcement of my sweetheart’s marriage with another. This made me so angry  9  I threw the ring overboard. A few days later, when I was eating a fish, I bit something  10  . What do you think it was?”
Now what do you think the old man’s companions would answer? And what would be the old man’s own answer?

1. A. taken                B. fetched                C. brought                D. to bring
2. A. A                        B. The                        C. Some                        D. An
3. A. for                        B. in                         C. to                                D. off
4. A. at                        B. to                                C. on                        D. onto
5. A. in                        B. from                        C. like                        D. to
6. A. From                B. At                        C. In                        D. On
7. A. At                        B. Into                        C. On                        D. Away from
8. A. an                        B. a                                C. the                         D. any
9. A. than                 B. that                        C. as                         D. to
10. A. hard                B. hardly                        C. hardness                D. to be hard

Cloze 3
I was walking along Anderson Bridge one afternoon  1  I saw many people standing by the riverside. They were looking  2  something. I was wondering what had happened when I heard someone say that there had been  3  . A young boy had drowned in the river while  4  .
Soon after this I heard the sound of an ambulance. I stopped not far from the  5  and two attendants from the ambulance came to carry the body away.
People who saw what happened said that some boys were swimming under the  6  . It was high tide and the sea was very rough. The boys were enjoying their  7  when a passing motorboat hit one of them. He immediately went under. Two of his friends dived in and tried to  8  him out, but it was too late.
The police have often warned people, especially boys, not to swim in the river at  9  tide. It can be very dangerous, but there are always those who just refuse to  10  good advice.
I walked away thinking how sad it must be for the dead boy’s family.

1. A. when                        B. while                        C. as                        D. before
2. A. at                                B. after                        C. for                        D. down
3. A. a fight                        B. a quarrel                C. an accident                D. an incident
4. A. playing                        B. swimming                C. walking                D. quarrelling
5. A. street                        B. road                        C. crowd                        D. boat
6. A. bridge                        B. water                        C. sea                        D. tide
7. A. stay                                B. swim                        C. game                        D. party
8. A. push                        B. pull                        C. pick                        D. find
9. A. high                                B. low                        C. small                        D. large
10. A. ask                         B. take                        C. give                        D. tender

Cloze 4
Today anyone will accept money in exchange for goods and services. People use money  1  food, furniture, books, bicycles and hundreds of other things they need or want. When they work, they usually get paid in money.
Most of the money today is made of metal or paper. But people used to use all kinds  2  things as money. One of the first kinds of money was shells. Shells were not the only things used.  3  China, cloth and knives were used, in the Philippine Islands, rice was used as money  4  a long time. Elephant tusks, monkey tails, and salt were used as money  5  parts of Africa.
Cattle were one of the earliest kinds of money. Other animals were used as money, too.
The first metal coins were made in China. They were found and had a square hole _6  the center. People strung them together and carried them  7  place to place. Different countries have used different metals and designs for their money. The first coins in England were made of tin. Sweden and Russia used copper to make  8  money. Later, countries began to make coins of gold and silver.
But even gold and silver were inconvenient if you had to buy something  9 . Again the Chinese thought of a way to improve money. They began to use paper money. The first paper money looked more  10  a personal note from one person to another than the paper money used today.
Money has had an interesting history from the days of shell money until today.

1. A. to buy        B. buying        C. bought                        D. buys
2. A. in        B. as        C. at                                D. of
3. A. At        B. On        C. In                                 D. To
4. A. since        B. for        C. to                                 D. ago
5. A. in        B. at        C. like                                D. from
6. A. on        B. at        C. to                                D. in
7. A. from        B. to        C. in                                 D. at
8. A. our        B. your        C. his                                D. their
9. A. expensively        B. expense        C. expensive                        D. expend
10. A. as        B. like        C. in                                D. at

《大学英语2》综合复习资料参考资料
I. Use of English
1-5  DBABC                        6-10  BAABA                   11-15  CCDCB
16-20 BBBDA                21-25 CDADB                26-30  CBDBD
II. Reading Comprehension
Passage 1                ACCDB
Passage 2                DACAB
Passage 3                DBBAC
Passage 4                CBDDC
Passage 5                CDADC
Passage 6                DBCDA
Passage 7                CBACA
Passage 8                CBCBC
Passage 9                BDACB
Passage 10        BCADB
Passage 11        BDCAC
Passage 12        CDBCD
III. Vocabulary and Structure

1-5  BCABD         6-10         ADDBC                11-15         DACAC
16-20 ACADB        21-25         BABCB                26-30         BDCCC
31-35 BBDAC        36-40         ACDCB                41-45         ADCCB
46-50 BABDC        51-55        DCCDA                56-60         ADDDB

IV. Cloze
Cloze1: CDADC        BCADB
Cloze2: CDCCD        BCABA
Cloze3: AACBC        ABBAB
Cloze4: ADCBA        DADCB
久爱奥鹏网:www.92open.com
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 11:09 , Processed in 0.107643 second(s), 19 queries .