一、单选题（共 20 道试题，共 60 分。）V 1. He took a nap to () the loss of sleep the night before.|
B. make for
C. compensate up
D. compensate for
2. Since the letter was not signed, the()of the sender is still unknown.
3. () is reported in the newspaper is that seventeen climbers have been killed in the snow tsunami.
4. You have no right to () more information than you should.
A. give way
B. give away
C. give out
D. give way to
5. Microcomputers () with the invention of microchips.
B. turned up
C. came into being
D. were realized
6. An appropriate English equivalent to the Chinese expression 留学生 is().
A. foreign students
B. abroad students
C. international students
7. The manager’s proposal, which met no() in the meeting this morning, will be soon put into action.
8. The ideas in this book have()a change in my outlook.
9. The mansion and the estate are part of his().
10. How much would you () me for repairing my bike?
11. Education has for its object the formation of().
12. She () her jewels for money.
13. The splendor of the()cathedral has remained one of the wonders in the local city.
14. During Renaissance, Europe produced a lot of great(), such as Michelangelo.
15. I lvoe my country so much that I am prepared to () her.
A. devote to
B. devote my life to
C. devoting my life to
D. to devote my life for
16. The police are responsible for the()of law and order.
17. Even a mighty express train can be () by signals.
A. slowed up
B. held up
D. kept up
18. Let’s hope the fine weather()for Sunday’s camping trip.
A. keeps up
B. picks up
C. carries on
D. puts up
19. The () between the rich and poor regions is being bridged.
20. He chose a tie which would () his suit.
B. go with
二、多选题（共 10 道试题，共 20 分。）V 1. The kinds of the financial aids students can get in colleges and universities are ().
C. bank loans
D. part-time work
2. 1. What diseases are caused by cold weather?
B. heart attacks
C. high blood pressure
3. The extended family().
A. includes grandparents, parents and children
B. has the relatives living in the same house
C. common in the past
D. may also include aunts, uncles, cousins etc
4. The unmarried live-in relationship().
A. becomes popular in recent years
B. provides a good channel to know each other before marriage
C. help both men and women learn to get on well with each other
D. is totally disastrous
5. Examples of lung disorders are().
6. Possible sources of carbon dioxide are().
C. gas burning
D. industrial waste
7. State and local governments provide().
A. police and fire protection
C. public works
D. other services
8. In what ways did the group members discuss their ideas and opinions with one another?
A. proudly and with emphasis
B. strongly and forcefully
C. in a loud or a soft voice
D. grinning or smiling—or not
9. The blended family includes().
A. divorced men or women
B. widowed men or women
C. children with the men or women
D. grandparents of the men or women
10. The Constitution().
A. states the political structure of the country
B. clarify the nature and the goal of the national government
C. guarantees freedom of speech and of the press
D. is superior to all the other laws made in the nation
三、判断题（共 10 道试题，共 20 分。）V 1. Blood pressure usually falls in warm weather.
2. Sudden winter temperature changes, long cold periods, or heat and humidity can bring illnesses and health problems like colds, flu, or pneumonia.
3. It is polite for Americans to leave some food in the plate so as to show their appreciation of the host’s cooking.
4. The same hand gesture may have different indications in different cultures.
5. “The air around the earth” is called atmosphere.
6. In the early 1900s in the United States, the divorce rate went up and the birthrate began to decline; couples were staying married shorter and having fewer children.
7. Federalism involves governments at different levels and aims at preventing the abuse of power.
8. The atmosphere and weather don’t affect people’s moods. People in the northern regions eat and sleep a lot, work badly, are tired and feel depressed all the time.
9. The importance of cultural recognition has not been realized.
10. Long and cold winter is a time for more diseases.