一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. The company is trying every means to () the wholesale price of its products.|
A. pull down
B. put down
C. set down
D. bring down
2. Now in Britain, wines take up four times as much () in the storehouse as both beer and spirits.
3. Considering your salary, you should be able to () at least twenty dollars a week.
A. put forward
B. put up
C. put out
D. put aside
4. Within two weeks of arrival, all foreigners had to () with the local police.
5. Mass advertising helped to () the emphasis from the production of goods to their consumption.
6. Many people are asking whether traditional research universities in fact have any future ().
A. at all
B. so far
C. in all
D. on end
7. In the Mediterranean seaweed is so abundant and so easily harvested that it is never of great ().
8. Showing some sense of humor can be a(n) () way to deal with some stressful situation.
9. In the late seventies, the amount of fixed assets required to produce one vehicle in Japan was () equivalent to that in the United States.
10. The () that exists among nations could certainly be lessened if misunderstanding and mistrust were removed.
11. The mayor () the police officer a medal of honor for his heroic deed in rescuing the earthquake victims.
12. His hand shook a little as he () the key in the lock.
13. All the arrangements should be completed () your departure.
A. prior to
B. superior to
C. contrary to
D. parallel to
14. Because of his excellent administration, people lived in peace and () and all previously neglected matters were taken care of.
15. In the long (), the new information technologies may fundamentally alter our way of life.
16. For professional athletes, () to the Olympics means that they have a chance to enter the history books.
17. Some research workers completely () all those facts as though they never existed.
18. The most basic reason why dialects should be preserved is that language helps to () a culture.
19. Companies are struggling to find the right () between supply and demand, but it is no easy task.
20. The situation described in the report () terrible, but it may not happen.
21. The news has just () that the president is going to visit China next month.
A. come down
B. come up
C. come out
D. come about
22. Though she began her () by singing in a local pop group, she is now a famous Hollywood movie star.
23. We need to create education standards that prepare our next generation who will be () with an even more competitive market.
24. I was impressed () the efficiency of the work done in the company.
25. Actually, information technology can () the gap between the poor and the rich.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册