奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 2124|回复: 0

大连理工大学2011年8月份《大学英语3》课程考试模拟试卷

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-7-30 09:37:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
机  密★启用前
大连理工大学网络教育学院
2011年8月份《大学英语3》课程考试
模 拟 试 卷
考试形式:闭卷           试卷类型:(A)

☆        注意事项: 1、本考卷满分共:100分;考试时间:90分钟。
2、所有试必须答到试卷答题纸上,答到试卷上无效。
3、考试结束后,考生须将试卷和试卷答题纸一并交回。

学习中心______________     姓名____________     学号____________

Part I  Dialogue Completion(本大题共5小题,每小题2分,共10分)
Directions: In this part, you will read five short incomplete dialogues, each followed by four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the answer that best suits the situation and write your answer on the ANSWER SHEET.
1. — Could I speak to Don Watkins, please?
— ____________

A. I’m listening.
B. Oh, how are you?  
C. Speaking, please.
D. I’m Don.

2. — Do you mind my smoking here?
— ___________.

A. No, thanks
C. Yes. I’d rather not
B. Yes, I do
D. Good idea
3. — What can I do for you, sir?
— _____________
A. Can you lend me some money?
B. Nothing.
C. I want a pair of shoes.
D. Whatever.

4. — May I use your bike for a moment?
— _____________.

A. It’s well
B. It doesn’t matter
C. By all means
D. I have no idea

5. — Please help yourself to the seafood.
— _____________.
A. No, I can’t
B. Sorry, I can’t help
C. Well, seafood don’t suit
D. Thanks, but I don’t like seafood

Part II  Reading Comprehension(本大题共15小题,每小题2分,共30分)
Directions: There are three passages in this part. The first passage is followed by five statements. Decide whether each of the statements is True (T) or False (F). The second and the third passages are both followed by five questions or unfinished statements. There are four choices marked A, B, C and D. You should decide on the best choice and write your answer on the ANSWER SHEET.  
Passage 1
If you travel by air across the center of Africa or South America, you fly over forests for thousands of kilometers. These great forests are the oceans of trees. There are thousands and thousands of different kinds of plants and animals.
However, the world’s forests are getting smaller all the time. We are cutting down the trees because we need wood, and we need more farmland. Some people say that there will not be any forests like these in 20 or 30 years. What will happen if they disappear?
If we cut down our forests, a lot of plants and animals will disappear from the world. In a lot of places the new farmland will soon look like the old deserts. Crops will not grow there. It will not rain very often, and the weather will get very hot. Perhaps the climate of the world will change. This will be dangerous for everyone in the world. That is why we must take care of our forests.
1. The passage mainly tells us about the importance of taking care of plants.

A. T
B. F

2. Forests are homes for different kinds of plants and animals.

A. T
B. F

3. The need for more wood and more land help to protect our forests.

A. T
B. F

4. We’ll have more and greater forests in 20 or 30 years in some people’s view.

A. T
B. F

5. The writer thinks it necessary to protect the forests.

A. T
B. F

Passage 2
Laws have been written to govern the use of American National Flag, and to ensure proper respect for the flag. Custom has also governed the common practice in regard to its use. All the armed services have precise regulations on how to display the national flag. This may vary somewhat from the general rules. The national flag should be raised and lowered by hand. Do not raise the flag while it is folded. Unfold the flag first, and then hoist it quickly to the top of the flagpole. Lower it slowly and with dignity. Place no objects on or over the flag. Do not use the flag as part of a costume or athletic uniform. Do not print it upon cushions, handkerchiefs, paper napkins or boxes. A federal law provides that the trademark cannot be registered if it comprises the flag, or badges of the US. When the flag is used to unveil a statue or monument, it shouldn’t serve as a covering of the object to be unveiled. If it is displayed on such occasions, do not allow the flag to fall to the ground, but let it be carried high up in the air to form a feature of the ceremony. Take every precaution to prevent the flag from soiled. It should not be allowed to touch the ground or floor, nor to brush against objects.
6. How do Americans ensure proper respect for the national flag?           

A. By making laws.            
B. By enforcing discipline.

C. By educating the public.     
D. By holding ceremonies.

7. What is the regulation regarding the raising of the American National Flag?     

A. It should be raised by soldiers.
B. It should be raised quickly by hand.

C. It should be raised only by Americans.
D. It should be raised by mechanical means.

8. How should the American National Flag be displayed at an unveiling ceremony?   
A. It should be attached to the statue.
B. It should be hung from the top of the monument.
C. It should be spread over the object to be unveiled.
D. It should be carried high up in the air.
9. What do we learn about the use of the American National Flag?         
A. There has been a lot of controversy over the use of flag.
B. The best athletes can wear uniforms with the design of the flag.
C. There are precise regulations and customs to be followed.
D. Americans can print the flag on their cushions or handkerchiefs.
10. What is Americans’ attitude towards their National Flag?        

A. Arbitrary.                 
B. Respect.
C. Happy.                  
D. Brave.
                                    Passage 3
How men first learnt to invent words is unknown; in other words, the origin of language is a mystery. All we really know is that men, unlike animals, somehow invented certain sounds to express thought and feelings, actions and things, so that they could communicate with each other; and that later they agreed upon certain signs, called letters, which could be combined to present those sounds, and which could be written down. Those sounds, whether spoken or written in letters, we call words.
The power of words, then, lies in their associations – the things they bring up before our minds. Words become filled with meaning for us by experience; and the longer we live, the more certain words recall to us the glad and sad events of our past; and the more we read and learn, the more the number of words that mean something increases.
Great writers are those who not only have great thoughts but also express these thoughts in words which appeal powerfully to our minds and emotions. This charming and telling use of words is what we call literary style. Above all, the real poet is a master of words. He can convey his meaning in words which sing like music and which by their position and association can move men to tears. We should therefore learn to choose our words carefully and use them accurately or they will make our speech silly and vulgar.
11. The origin of language is ___________.

A. a legend handed down from the past
B. a matter that is hidden or secret

C. a question difficult to answer
D. a problem not yet solved

12. What is true about words?           

A. They are used to express feelings only.
B. They can not be written down.

C. They are simply sounds.
D. They are mysterious.

13. The real power of words lies in their _____________.

A. properties
B. characteristics

C. peculiarity
  D. representative function

14. By “association” the author means __________.

A. a special quality
B. a joining of ideas in the mind

C. an appearance which is puzzling
D. a strange feature

15. Which of the following statements about the real poet is NOT true?        
A. He is no more than a master of words.
  B. He can convey his ideas in words which sing like music.
  C. He can move men to tears.
  D. His style is always charming.

Part III  Vocabulary & Structure(本大题共20小题,每小题1分,共20分)
Directions: There are twenty incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the answer that best completes the sentence. Then write your answer on the ANSWER SHEET.
1. I don’t know why she avoids _________ her opinion on the subject.

A. to give
B. to be given
C. giving
D. being given

2. The students were all entertained in a Mexican restaurant, at professor Brian’s ________.
A. money
B. pay
C. expense
D. loss

3. Do you know the man _________ under the apple tree?
A. lay
B. lain
C. lying
D. laying

4. Tom, what did you do with my documents? I have never seen such a ________ and disorder!
A. mass
B. mess
C. guess
D. bus

5. Eggs, though rich in nourishments, have _________ of fat.
A. a large number
B. the large number
C. a large amount
D. the large amount

6. It’s not easy for Chinese students _________ English well.
A. to learn
B. learning
C. learned
D. learn
7. How ________ you say that you really understand the whole story if you have covered only part of the article?

A. can
B. must
C. need
D. may

8. A sudden noise of a fire-engine made him ________ to the door.

A. hurrying
B. hurried
C. hurry
D. to hurry
9. Neither John ________ his father was able to wake up early enough to catch the morning train.

A. nor
   B. or
   C. but
   D. and

10. Picking apples was hard work, ________ they really enjoyed it.   
A. and
   B. so
   C. but
   D. or

11. Generally, the _________ of Standard Canadian is very similar to that of Standard American, especially in Ontario.

A. pronunciation
B. sentence
C. vocabulary
D. intonation
12. Coal was formed out of dead forests by a long and slow __________ of chemical change.

A. press
B. procedure
C. success
D. process

13. Success is not won __________. It takes patience, diligence and continuing efforts.

A. twilight
B. attentively
C. currently
D. overnight

14. Most of the students ___________ grades they had desired in the exam.
A. accompanied
B. contained
C. accomplished
   D. received

15. More and more people were unhappy. A _________ change in the organization of health services was required.

A. fundamental
   B. full
   C. classical
  D. functionary
16. Now that you are planning to move to Canada, you must try to _________ to the cold weather there.

A. adopt
   B. adept
   C. adapt
   D. adore

17. In the summer, large crops of fruit may be __________ by being frozen or bottled.

A. preserved
   B. deserved
  C. reserved
  D. served

18. Public interest centers on the _________ of next week’s election, so it seems no one cares about the opening of this 20-storey shopping mall.

A. consequence
B. influence
   C. outcome
D. effect

19. The government is trying to _________ more investment into the shipbuilding industry which is believed to prosper in the following years.

A. call
   B. take
C. invest
D. attract

20. Their efforts to improve the production have been very __________, and they have been awarded by the company for their contribution.
   A. effective                   B. efficient                       C. effect                       D. affective

Part IV  Cloze(本大题共5小题,每小题2分,共10分)
Directions: There are five blanks in the following passage. For each blank there are five choices marked A, B, C, D and E. You should choose the ONE that best fits into the passage. Then write your answer on the ANSWER SHEET.
It seems quite clearly unjust to pay two people different amounts of money for doing the same work. But it is not as easy as it appeals at first   1   to introduce equal pay for equal work.
    Two people may be working side by side in a factory and doing the same work, but one may be doing it twice as fast as the   2  ; or one may be making no mistakes, while the other is making a lot. In some kinds of work, one can solve the problem of speed if one pays by the amount of work to be done and not by the hour: work paid for in this   3   is called piece-work. But it is not always possible to do this, so it is sometimes useful to pay workers at different rates, which take differences in skill into   4  . This usually means that the younger and therefore less experienced worker gets less than the   5   and more experienced one, which seems reasonable enough.

1. A. other          B. sight          C. older           D. way           E. account
2. A. other          B. sight          C. older           D. way           E. account
3. A. other          B. sight          C. older           D. way           E. account
4. A. other          B. sight          C. older           D. way           E. account
5. A. other          B. sight          C. older           D. way           E. account

Part V  Translation(本大题共3小题,每小题5分,共15分)
Directions: Translate the following sentences into Chinese and write your answer on the ANSWER SHEET.
1. Shy people are anxious and self-conscious, excessively concerned with their own appearance and actions.
2. Finally he decided to return to his father and ask for forgiveness and mercy.
3. Outside it was pitch dark and it was raining cats and dogs.

Part VI  Writing(本大题1小题,共15分)
Directions: Write a composition on the following topic. You should base your composition on the outline given below and write at least 80 words.
                      Can Money Buy Happiness?
1. 不同的人对金钱能买来幸福观持有不同观点。
2. 我的观点。

久爱奥鹏网:www.92open.com
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 06:03 , Processed in 0.095399 second(s), 19 queries .