奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 12299|回复: 0

东师《高级英语》2011春第2次在线作业

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-8-5 15:47:02 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
一、多选(共 4 道试题,共 10 分。)V 1.  Hyperbole is NOT used in ________.$ I/ Q. E% \! M" {' v
A. Surely, humor is the saving grace of us, for without it we should die of vexation.. b1 j: O" R, C7 h. K* k
B. I must confess that I always … those “as soon as my head touches the pillow” fellows.
$ G6 E( [1 S7 a, h. o$ TC. I used to read, … thanks to their “iron wills,” could lie down and plunge themselves immediately into deep sleep, …
; G) O6 ^8 Z# ]( r- ^D. I had overlooked the necessity of having an “iron will,” … this peculiar metallic quality.
  v: P6 a1 X7 B2 _& Y      满分:2.5  分3 {$ l: h  k7 ?- d3 `. E
2.  Allusion is applied in ________.
! D6 E( [% @3 i: [( c' dA. It is scarcely possible to exaggerate the influence of vanity throughout the range of human life, from the child of three to the potentate at whose frown the world trembles.
: F" S8 h+ V4 _/ X* Z$ GB. It was there, ironically enough, that the Odyssey turned homeward.0 Y) D( `+ k: L9 B5 o% x
C. I bear the same mark as a son of Watts now that I did during that oratorical contest in high school.
$ Y8 J$ F5 `$ H' X( mD. But when he took to agriculture, …and to dream of the life hereafter in which he would perpetually hunt the wild boar of Valhalla.
# K1 i$ h' H. c" E      满分:2.5  分
& W7 E7 t5 Z/ u/ r8 c3.  Antithesis is used in ________./ W) w6 `" k- H" r; j2 J$ z
A. She said that I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and even more intelligent than college professors.
9 v& O1 m7 v# wB. … I heard the soft-voiced Mrs. Flowers and the textured voice of my grandmother merging and melting.
( {! n8 N/ H8 i9 ]; cC. The sweet scent of vanilla had met us as she opened the door.+ Y/ `, N# n* j
D. I wanted to gobble up the room entire and take it to Bailey, who would help me analyze and enjoy it.
+ W2 Q5 l7 ]1 j) G& L) c+ t      满分:2.5  分
) S$ \" d$ q0 \  t' n# D, |4.  Which of the following sentences apply the rhetorical device of metaphor?/ g5 R7 P/ S9 c" C: A: m% T
A. A yellow beam of sunlight, filtering through the muslin curtains, slanted on to the table, where a matchbox, half open, lay beside the inkpot.# b, q  V7 p& V
B. Writers share this characteristic … in short, with the whole top crust of humanity.
9 @# I/ J: b1 x. y; ^' e! KC. It can be seen how these various impulses must war against one another, and how …
( C; Q  x7 _! t! AD. Who would want to remonstrate and argue with them?
1 `5 r- L: T' ^& V/ j      满分:2.5  分 + c7 L8 n; Z1 U" L9 e+ \) G" n
$ K/ a2 k$ v& e7 I% I$ n
二、判断题(共 36 道试题,共 90 分。)V 1.  (I’ll Never Escape the Ghetto) While at Wittier College, the author felt ashamed of telling people that he was from “South Los Angeles”.
/ A9 w6 w, d9 d9 n# X3 i. bA. 错误9 \' \/ W4 w  W$ [+ a" v
B. 正确
/ {, Q: ?  m3 I: E& n, h/ B      满分:2.5  分
* g# d( _2 |0 G9 v8 T. J: K& y2.  (A Lesson in Living) Mrs. Flowers has the manner of a rich lady: refined, gentle and gracious.
( j$ f% L* ?8 z) F0 U5 xA. 错误
. ^9 e' Q/ P7 L/ W& c5 d9 dB. 正确
; k9 Q$ K: ]  T0 q& y      满分:2.5  分; I: C+ C. e4 j6 P- v8 K3 }
3.  (Jerusalem the Golden) Clara has a peculiar taste of the physical world around her.
" W% F2 I) E" Y: n  Q' Z( {A. 错误
0 T% H: ?5 B4 t; z7 X% _" mB. 正确
& C- ~" r0 J0 Y% h5 b' r5 c& K      满分:2.5  分
  G9 p1 c+ n; p# i4.  (Science Has Spoiled My Supper) The most notable device of style in this essay is hyperbole, deliberate exaggeration for effect.
/ a- s# l4 N( C. nA. 错误
( H2 }) k+ Q; w; Y8 G. cB. 正确5 A# I9 C1 r5 E
      满分:2.5  分
0 T( _' K/ n, c& \5.  (A Most Forgiving Ape) Gorillas have far greater physical strength than human beings.
) l1 ~0 m5 f0 q# J$ o2 |% |A. 错误# e( M8 M0 S$ b7 X* v8 e8 ]0 b3 k# W
B. 正确) V' j( x4 |- m2 w
. O0 Q) |: L8 s1 F- Y) w1 J6.  (A Most Forgiving Ape) When the author and his party se out that morning, he was quite certain that he would meet the gorillas.# ?  [$ Y) w1 i& `4 |; q( B2 |
A. 错误
; d3 H( I5 }* S0 K) wB. 正确. D. K, }, L+ I" }& q1 U. c
      满分:2.5  分1 j$ s0 b/ C" o* L/ R. H# g
7.  (Why I Write) Orwell believes that talented people have individual ambition which is a motive to drive them on.
( F; u0 w- o# e7 k0 F1 j, U2 p: p! L* RA. 错误
# q4 g1 {) H7 Q. L  n! {$ zB. 正确
" ?$ n1 m3 i7 ~4 r0 T* U- e      满分:2.5  分
- W2 P: T% o! H) w8.  (On Getting Off to Sleep) Priestley thinks he will become more famous if people know what is in his mind when he is sleepless.
6 V7 f) S+ Y1 W' ~* sA. 错误
5 O- Z5 ?$ ?2 x+ t6 k9 w) `/ [B. 正确5 z$ [/ w1 L9 \$ d1 I2 |) C* s; w
      满分:2.5  分+ j7 u* s% g6 \/ p5 ?
9.  (The Tragedy of Old Age in America) The quality of late life is determined by a combination of many elements.
2 H6 P; P: @; s9 h1 mA. 错误) x! r7 J" e. |8 _) ~& E6 _
B. 正确
2 C9 @" C+ @! Q/ e$ P, s* p      满分:2.5  分
' [0 w8 G7 [: v% c$ A10.  (I’d Rather Be Black Than Female) The author spent twenty years doing all the routine work only to get her male colleagues elected to important positions.) ^& W! g" _: C
A. 错误
/ J* z! t- s) NB. 正确$ e6 C! X$ ?* Z8 e  D
; R4 E+ j3 f: x2 X  h/ q+ [11.  (What to Listen for in Music) Musical listening is actually done on the three planes simultaneously.3 ^' G  \/ _2 b
A. 错误
) Y, X& c# c+ wB. 正确4 ]! q1 J; K  v, X( {) f$ ]% V
      满分:2.5  分5 j& q) X+ W4 J$ l: {$ z7 h1 T# p
12.  (Vivisection) The author praises the victory of vivisection as a great advance in the triumph of utilitarianism.$ T! a; m9 M# r2 ?5 C$ H0 A
A. 错误
4 a- o7 }' P6 _) `5 G4 u  BB. 正确
4 M( W7 C2 Y3 c* x      满分:2.5  分
' ~7 K* Q5 H/ p; x! i2 a: t3 V! ?13.  (A Most Forgiving Ape) The author was sure that he would stand firm to gaze at the gorilla when he met one because he was brave.) V' w) G5 J/ U2 a* G) ?1 w
A. 错误
7 t6 R+ g' i/ G3 YB. 正确
; q- s( F3 p2 E/ b1 E      满分:2.5  分
4 E7 R2 Z2 R" L14.  (Rock Superstars) The author concludes by pointing out sharply the true nature of the American society as expressed by rock music.) M0 C6 [- C' s% m4 z  H, m- {: \
A. 错误
1 U' F  Z& r# Q7 a' TB. 正确
* E+ y0 w7 S7 c" r% w      满分:2.5  分
( p6 n0 a* h9 m15.  (Eveline) Eveline didn’t go with Frank because she was afraid the boat would sink and she would be drowned.' Y+ y: F8 `8 x1 M+ v3 h( v1 C; y
A. 错误( L, I! E# I* H( k/ _$ r8 q
B. 正确
2 U% _% v3 N8 g! D; P2 D3 |      满分:2.5  分
4 ?/ ]0 s5 D+ c8 w# A' r8 Y16.  (I’d Rather Be Black Than Female) According to the author, most American men are still reluctant to that there is prejudice against women.6 u& {% s( k" B* U3 b
A. 错误$ r; b3 H) j: H  _' k/ @  G
B. 正确2 P8 h5 ^- A2 ^1 g( d+ \/ s
      满分:2.5  分& \" e% d) d5 E4 ^
17.  (Four Choices for Young People) The author disagrees with those who take it for granted that our society is imperfect.+ B! r. K- a/ u# N; _5 Y* F
A. 错误
/ R0 h& Z! N- x5 lB. 正确: _5 k9 p( ]' N  p
      满分:2.5  分* Z2 B% E# m$ ~! \
18.  (Jerusalem the Golden) From the absence of male teachers and students in the excerpt we can conclude that it was not a co-educated school.
! m% L* V# c5 I/ Z5 l8 k$ zA. 错误
2 m$ w9 ^1 U' t" HB. 正确1 H- V& H' x6 o9 T0 t
, e8 |! l, R6 b. O' t19.  (The Trouble with Television) News on TV is read very fast and made too brief and incoherent to be comprehensive.
' U' p0 a7 s  c9 ~A. 错误2 U, q8 g! F! i/ d" p. g1 K: ~
B. 正确. Z9 c' V$ ]# A; P* }6 R$ w7 f
, b4 T/ X/ ]5 ?0 e; _20.  (Why I Write) According to Orwell, all writers, even writers of railway guides, have aesthetic considerations.
% W) \& ], C8 `7 Y- F* I) _A. 错误  N# F1 a2 |1 ?' I" [
B. 正确
: {3 }) B- v# q9 v$ K      满分:2.5  分
1 \% A- V4 w! e. r* Y  c21.  (On Getting Off to Sleep) To the author, the best thing that shows how a man is full of contradiction is the matter of sleep." T0 S; f; Z/ L5 ?
A. 错误+ X; o4 h$ h& }' s
B. 正确6 r6 ?; O% b. w- d
      满分:2.5  分0 z! c( e+ N9 D: M
22.  (Why I Write) For fifteen years or more, Orwell wrote a story about himself.
# K* [3 }) L  J1 FA. 错误
! |; U% h. E& G! RB. 正确
/ Q4 O  u* q# ]5 i' X      满分:2.5  分
( y  u. {8 u' D( ]" T  [23.  (The Trouble with Television) The American public is not well aware of the adverse effects of television.
$ _# C5 j$ {! z, R. a$ m$ xA. 错误4 \% i9 e) k% s2 q
B. 正确
5 z5 w: Q4 N& e- `" D, L% d2 S      满分:2.5  分
; C2 z1 r  D/ I/ ]' H. w1 E) `24.  (Why I Write) When writing Homage to Catalonia, Orwell’s first concern is political.
2 `) x) l( P1 h' X  B" LA. 错误
" H- Z2 X* t; X, n  S6 v/ QB. 正确( @1 C0 f% T+ m! K- `2 C
      满分:2.5  分. `) K" d0 h( ?3 D
25.  (Vivisection) Though the infliction of pain in itself is an evil act, it requires no justification if it can be done for a good purpose., k. M# k1 l# U
A. 错误
* t7 C# J- h  @/ H+ h! {B. 正确2 M, S" i9 Q" ~7 b, H( Q
      满分:2.5  分- G* b0 S+ X$ m9 C$ [% Q0 s
26.  (The Tragedy of Old Age in America) The author implies that it is only natural for employers to practice job discrimination against the old.' B# \6 I$ l& J! s- t& i
A. 错误4 q% r  Z2 a3 N7 p; d3 r
B. 正确
& I4 V( Z* }5 `/ V( G3 \2 r      满分:2.5  分2 [$ T# x" u  D3 C$ V) L1 [, L
27.  (What’s Wrong with Our Press?) The author thinks that one of TV’s advantage over papers is its wide range of entertainment for the public.
8 [& l1 R, a! z5 YA. 错误
, J# f1 U9 m0 fB. 正确+ t) r6 d) S! S( X3 ]8 ^
      满分:2.5  分5 K9 Q" S$ r0 Q) i, c
28.  (On Getting Off to Sleep) It seems to the author that most people he knows have no difficulty in getting off to sleep.
" N; B8 `- X: fA. 错误
" P! Z+ m) f5 e$ I1 t3 _6 @B. 正确5 r2 l, y! [; Y  n* Y" q
      满分:2.5  分/ C+ z/ j! b8 c, K* |
29.  (What to Listen for in Music) “The fateful hammer of life” is a precise description of the first main theme of the Ninth Symphony.) S  z: K, d% Z  v1 W4 o2 ?' `
A. 错误+ \, @) I! N1 H4 k* ^# `
B. 正确
6 ~7 f: [, G0 ^8 z: B# @      满分:2.5  分: i& d3 h, R7 {' ^% ?8 b/ {; q
30.  (A Lesson in Living) Marguerite was a sensitive girl and was upset by Momma’s behavior towards Mrs. Flowers.# L- K5 \2 W- b, N8 B
A. 错误" C7 u2 U5 |! F0 F- e2 S- q# {" l& D
B. 正确
8 W9 p2 e$ x! |; A  ~      满分:2.5  分1 ]& z9 M! Q$ I/ ^
31.  (What’s Wrong with Our Press?) The same survey reveals contradictory responses to the credibility of newspapers and television.
" ?5 T* K- z6 q% t' TA. 错误
* I& e% h& g/ ~. J3 DB. 正确
% E3 b) D3 t5 n9 i      满分:2.5  分
4 X0 i7 t. Y) O4 b" [. @32.  (Science Has Spoiled My Supper) The author hates frozen foods in spite of their seeming advantages.) `# R: p. A% j1 ?# I6 j. l9 t
A. 错误. ?8 B6 p2 l: R8 a4 f, ~
B. 正确
) n% p( j0 q; }% H1 ^      满分:2.5  分% F& h! c$ t: U  p  q# q
33.  (I’ll Never Escape the Ghetto) The Watts riots give rise to a flourishing of ghetto literature and art.
& d# L9 y& Q2 u; JA. 错误
0 _& Q2 k6 y; Y; E& lB. 正确; s# j  y7 p: b  w
      满分:2.5  分) n7 W% t/ H* U  B
34.  (Four Choices for Young People) To deal with such problems, the young should draw on the experiences of the old rather than reject them altogether.
, _3 c1 u2 [" R/ bA. 错误, f  Q  F( `/ }6 ?" |5 Z  R
B. 正确
  e( f7 u) N) n! N& v      满分:2.5  分
  M5 m: D) p  N/ [  V/ y* y4 P35.  (The Spanish Bullfight) The author is a bullfight fan./ I  y7 z! e, M# g/ x/ X  k9 e$ P2 J/ V
A. 错误! S5 K% d) Y" W7 g5 Y: G- z  H
B. 正确; |! {$ l( O* h. X" w7 p& y
      满分:2.5  分' Q" l! h% d1 ~+ d9 ]
36.  (Four Choices for Young People) The author personally favors the fourth alternative.
- A7 E6 X) m" r4 ?+ a- q# DA. 错误4 v; X3 n7 y# I+ r% R
B. 正确
4 T- i  P+ c" D5 u% d* H      满分:2.5  分
4 c) z/ q4 y, r% A# O  S( ]) w& s0 ~+ i' b* W- Z, y& b" l, p
久爱奥鹏网:www.92open.com
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 19:16 , Processed in 0.090213 second(s), 18 queries .