奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 1182|回复: 0

西安交通大学14春学期《英语2(新录)》离线作业.doc

[复制链接]
发表于 2014-5-13 14:29:57 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网

Unit 1        Hobby
I. Communicative English (Choose the best Answer)
1. — How do you do? Glad to meet you.  
  — _______                        
  A. Fine. How are you?                                        B. How do you do? Glad to meet you, too.
  C. How are you? Thank you!                        D. Nice. How are you?
2. — Must I be home before seven?
   — __________.
   A. No, you needn’t                                        B. No, you mustn’t
   C. OK                                                                D. no, you won’t
3. — What would you like to have, meat or fish?
— __________.
A. Either will do                                                        B. Yes, I like meat
C. Yes, I like fish                                                        D. No, they are not my favorite
4. —I have an appointment with Dr Edward.
—_____________________________
A. please wait for a minute                                B. Are you sick?
C. Tell me about your appointment                        D.  Dr Edward tell me
5. — What day is it today?
— _______________________.
A. It’s March                                                        B. It’s a fine day today
C. It’s March 6th                                                        D. It’s Monday

II. Vocabulary and structure (Choose the ONE that best completes the sentence from the four choices given under each sentence.)
6. People at the party worried about him, because no one was aware ________ he had gone.
   A. of where                        B. of the place where
   C. where                          D. the place
7. The atmosphere ______ certain gases mixed together in definite proportions.   
A. composes of        B. is made up                C. consists of                D. makes up of
8. Is the library ________ now? No, it’s ______.
  A. open; close                B. opening; closing         C. open; closed      D. opened; closed  
9. _______ her and then try to copy what she does.
  A. Mind                        B. See                                C. Stare at                        D. Watch
10. The computer system _______ suddenly while he was searching for information on the Internet.   
  A. broke down                B. broke out                        C. broke up                        D. broke in

III. Ccloze
It was getting dark. Some children and two Canadian women were still ___11___ on the ice near a big hotel. They were having a good time.
Suddenly the ice ___12___. One of the boys fell into the water. The children shouted. “Help! Help!” They didn’t know ___13___ to do. The two Canadian friends heard ___14___ and skated over to get the boy out of the water.
The ice was ___15___. The two Canadians fell into the water, too. But they tried their best to ___16__ the little boy. They know they must be __17___ If they didn’t push him up onto the ice, he would soon die.
Many people ran over to ___18___. Some of them had ropes and poles. A young man jumped into the water to save the ____19___ people.
The boy and the two Canadian women were out of water at last. One of the women didn’t feel well. She was sent to the ___20___ at once. But she felt very happy because the boy was safe.
11. A. boating                        B. skating                        C. planting                        D. swimming
12. A. broke                                B. shone                        C. closed               D. flew
13. A. who                        B. when                 C. what                D. where
14. A. one                         B. him                  C. them                D. her
15. A. big                         B. small                 C. thick                D. thin
16. A. save                        B. wake                 C. see                  D. tell
17. A. slow                        B. quick                 C. sorry                D. wrong
18. A. play                 B. shout                 C. push                D. help
19. A. two                  B. three                 C. four                        D. five
20. A. hospital                B. school                C. library               D. garden

IV. Reading Comprehension (Choose the best answer for each of the questions or unfinished statements after the reading passages.)
Passage 1
Once an old man was walking in a street with his horse. It was raining hard. The old man was cold because he was walking in the rain. He wanted to stay in a restaurant. It was a quarter past three in the afternoon. The old man got to a small restaurant. There were a lot of people in it. The old man couldn’t come near the fire. He thought and thought. At last he said to the waiters, “Take some fish to my horse.” The waiter and the people were very surprised.
The waiter said, “A horse doesn’t eat fish.” The old man told the waiter, “This horse is very interesting. It can sing, dance and does all kinds of things. It can eat fish, too.” So the waiter brought the horse some fish. All the people in the restaurant ran out to see the waiter came back and said, “Your horse didn’t eat any fish.” The old man said, “All right, take the fish back and put it on the table. I’ll eat it.”
21. The old man felt very cold because ______________.
  A. it was a cloudy and windy day       B. it snowed
  C. he had traveled in the heavy rain     D. he was hungry
22. The people in the restaurant all ran out because ________________.
  A. they wanted to see the old man      
B. they wanted to see the horse eating fish
  C. they had been told there came the horse     
D. there was no fire over the stove
23. Indeed, the horse can neither ___________ nor ___________ nor __________.
  A. walk … speak … eat                B. sing … dance …sleep
  C. sing … dance … eat fish             D. speak … walk … sit
24. All the people in the restaurant rushed out __________ but ___________.
  A. to see the horse sing … the old man,
  B. to watch the horse play games … the waiter
  C. to look for the horse … the old man   
  D. to see the horse eat fish … the old man
25. Why did the old man ask the waiter to take some fish to his horse? Because _______.
A. his horse liked eating fish                B. he was cold
C. he wanted to sit by the fire, but wasn’t able to do so at first
D. he himself also liked to eat fish

Passage 2
Cars are lots of fun, but they could also be dangerous. We have to be careful when we drive them or ride in them.
It’s always a good idea to put on your seat belt when you’re in a car. Why? Think about this example: You put an egg on a skateboard and give it a push. If the skateboard hits a stone, it will stop, but the egg won’t. It will fly through the air, hit the ground and break.
Now, think what would happen if you tied the egg to the skateboard. When the skateboard hits a stone, the egg won’t go flying, it will stay safely on the skateboard.
Volvo, a famous Swedish car maker, was the first to use seat belts in 1849.
Air bags are also very important for car safety, because sometimes a seat belt isn’t enough. If the car is going really fast and runs into something, seat belt could even hurt the people who wear them.
Most newer cars have air bags in front of and next to the seats. When a car hits something, its air bags will come out quickly--- in less than one second ---- to keep the people inside safe.
26. The passage mainly tells us ____________.
   A. how seat belts work to make cars safe      B. why we must tie the egg to the skateboard
   C. two important ways to keep safe in cars     D. what air bags are
27. The writer gives the example of the egg to _______________.
   A. show why it is important to wear a seat belt when in a car   
B. tell us what a skateboard is
  C. show how to wear a seat belt                     
D. tell us that eggs are easy to break
28. Seat belts can make cars safer because ______________
  A. they are made of strong materials     
B. they can stop us from hitting other cars
  C. they can help us stay safely on the seats   
D. people are interested in them
29. Air bags are also important for cars because they ____________.
  A. are made of plastic               
B. work together with seat belts to keep us safe
  C. are put in front of and next to the seats         
D. can stop cars hitting each other
30. The best title for this passage is ________________.
   A. Useful Seat Belts                   B. Make Yourself Safe in Cars
   C. Air Bags Work Well                 D. Egg on Skateboard
V.Translation
31. A lot of natural resources in the mountain area are to be exploited and used.

Unit 2        Technology
1. —I’m sorry. I lost the key.
—____________        
A. Well, it’s OK.                                                B. No, it’s all right.
C. You are welcome.                                        D. You are wrong.
2. —It’s rather cold in here. Do you mind if I close the window?
—____________                                    
A. Yes, please.                B. No, go ahead.                C. Sure, please.                D. I don’t like it.
3. — Do you mind my smoking here?
  — ______
  A. No, thanks.                                                                B. Yes, I do.
  C. Yes, I’d rather not.                                                D. Good idea.
4. —Madam, do all the buses go downtown?  
  —_________.
        A. Wow, you got the idea               B. No, never mind
        C. Pretty well, I guess                  D. Sorry, I’m new here.
5. — Is it possible for you to work late tonight?
  — _______
  A. I like it.                                                                B. I’ll do that.
  C. I’d love to.                                                                D. I think so.

II. Vocabulary and structure (Choose the ONE that best completes the sentence from the four choices given under each sentence.)
6. How can he _______ if he is not _______?  
A. listen; hearing                                                        B. hear; listening               
C. be listening; heard                                                D. be hearing; listened to
7. When Lily came home at 5 pm yesterday, her mother ______dinner in the kitchen.
A. cooked                     B. was cooking                     C. cooks                    D. has cooked
8. I will count three hundred and not one of you            move a bit.
A. is to                                 B. are to                                 C. is                                 D. are      
9. —Take this medicine twice a day, Peter?
—Do I have to take it? It _____ so terrible.
A. is tasting             B. is tasted                           C. tastes                    D. has tasted
10. A student thought it would be funny to play tricks ____ the blackboard.
A. with                                B. on                                        C. in                                D. of

III. Cloze
A city man was on holiday in the mountains. He talked ___11___ a mountain man and found that the man was stupid, ___12___ he suggested they would ___13___ a game. “We’ll ask ___14___ questions,” he said, “and the person will ___15___ a dollar if he can’t answer one question.” The mountain man thought ___16___ this for a few minutes, then said that the city man was more educated ___17____he and it would be fairer if the city man paid a dollar and he paid only 50 cents. They city man agreed.
“ __18__ has three legs and can fly?” asked the mountain man. The city man thought a while, ____19___ answered, “I don’t know. Here is your dollar.”
Then he asked the same question. “I don’t know, ____20____” said the mountain man. “Here is your 50 cents.”
11 A. with                                        B. about                                C. between                        D. by
12. A. because                                B. for                                C. but             D. so
13. A. do                                        B. make                                C. play            D. carry
14. A. every other                        B. each other                C. but one                        D. and every
15. A. leave                                        B. borrow                        C. pay                                D. lend
16. A. about                                        B. through                        C. with                                D. after
17. A. as                                        B. like                                C. then                                D. than
18. A. Who                                        B. What                                C. Which                        D. Whose
19. A. later                                        B. after                                C. then                                D. so
20. A. too                                        B. also                                C. neither                        D. either

IV.  Reading Comprehension (Choose the best answer for each of the questions or unfinished statements after the reading passages.)
Passage 1
Paper is one of the most important products ever invented by man. Wide spread use of written language would not have been possible without some cheap and practical material to write on. The invention of paper meant that more people could be educated because more books could be printed and distributed. Together with the printing press, paper provided an extremely important way to communicate knowledge.
How much paper do you use every year? Probably you cannot answer that question quickly. In 1990 the world’s use of paper was about one kilogram for each person a year. Now some countries use as much as 50 kilograms of paper for each person a year. Countries like the United States, England and Sweden use more paper than other countries.
Paper, like many other things that we use today, was first made in China. In Egypt and the West, paper was not very commonly used before the year 1400. The Egyptians wrote on a kind of material made of a water plant. Europeans used parchment for many hundreds of year. Parchment was very strong; it was made from the skin of certain young animals. We have learnt of the most important facts of European history from records that were kept on parchment. (208words)     
21. What’s the meaning for the word “parchment”? ____________
A. The skin of young animals.
B. A kind of paper made from the skin of certain young animals.
C. The paper used by European countries.
D. The paper of Egypt.
22. Which of the following is not mentioned about the invention of paper? ____________   
A. More jobs could be provided than before.
B. More people could be educated than before.
C. More books could be printed and distributed.
D. More ways could be used to exchange knowledge.
23. When did the Egyptians begin to use paper widely? ____________
    A. Around 1400.                B. Around 1900.                C. Around 400.                D. Around 900.
24. Which of the following countries uses more paper for each person a year? ____________
    A. China                        B. Sweden                        C. Egypt                        D. Japan
25. What is the main idea of this short talk? ____________
    A. More and more paper is being consumed nowadays.
B. Paper enables people to receive education more easily.
C. The invention of paper is of great significance to man.  
D. Paper contributes a lot to the keeping of historical records.

Passage 2
Foulsham House is a fine, large house of the 1790s.It stands by the River Byer, in twenty—five hectares(公顷)of the best farmland in the southwest.
  The house was built by Smithson, and the story goes back to George, the son of King of Whales, who fell in love with the beautiful Lady Kitty, at one of the first Foulsham's wild woods(野外)parties.Many years ago many great men rode on the hills about Foulsham House, and many fine girls took tea in the Green Room.
  The house has eight bedrooms, three bathrooms(浴室), two living—rooms, and a dining—room with a real Adam fireplace.Its library has a good view over the park and the river.All rooms are light and airy, with good, high windows, and wood floors.
  At the back of the house there is room for four cars.The third Foulsham once kept there.In many other ways, this house of the 1790s meets the needs of the 1990s.
  If you wish to know more about Foulsham House, write to:
  Harvey.Platt, Longford &Son
  6, Castle Green, Gilham, Byreside.
26.Foulsham House is ______.
  A.an old farm house
  B.a 25—house for people to come to listen to its story
  C.a large house for people to come to listen to its story
  D.a house with a history of nearly two hundred years
27.We learn from the reading that ______.
  A.Smithson built the house for wild wood parties
  B.many important people had been to Foulsham House
  C.George and Lady Kitty loved the house and had many parties here
  D.the Green Room is a place for many girls to make tea
28.The sentence 'Its library has a good view over the park and the river, ' means '______'.
  A.The park and the river can be seen clearly from the library
  B.The library has a picture of the park and the river on the wall
  C.The library was built in the park by the river
  D.Books about the park and the river can be read in the library
29.Which of the following is true?
  A.The 3rd Foulsham often rode his horses at the back of the house.
  B.The house has a room for four cars at the back of the house.
  C.The road behind the house is wide enough for 4 cars to go.
  D.There is some parking behind the house.
30.We can infer(推断) that Harvey ______.
  A.wants the house to meet the needs of modern life
  B.wants people to know the history of the house
  C.wants to sell the house
  D.wants some money to make the house meet today's needs

V.Translation
31. He used to go out for a walk after supper.

Unit 3        Stories of famous people
1.        Why didn’t you come to my birthday party yesterday?
D. Sorry, but my wife had a car accident.
2. David injured his leg playing football yesterday.
Really? _______
A.        Who did that?                                B. What’s wrong with him?
C.        How did that happen?                   D. Why was he so careless?
3.        Marilyn, I’m afraid I have to be leaving now.
   Oh, that’s my father! And beside him, my mother.
A. What is the person over there
B. Who’s talking over there
C.        What are they doing
D.        Which is that
5.        Hi, Tom, how is everything with you?
_______________, and how are you?
A. Don’t mention it.                      B. Hm, not too bad.
C. Thanks.                              D. Pretty fast.

6. _________ the War of Independence, the United States was an English colony.
   A. Before                             B. At                    C. In                       D. Between       
7. He never fail ______to his mother every week.
A. writing                                B. to write                        C. write                        D. wrote
8. _____________________, teachers are not well paid.
A. with my point of view                                           B. from my point at view   
C. with my point at view                   D. from my point of view
9. She must _____________ to write an article.
A. settle on                                B. settle down                        C. settle in                D. settle with
10. He _______ his dreams in the coastal cities after leaving his hometown in his early twenties.
A. pursuing                                B. pursued                                C. pursues                D. pursuit

III. Cloze
Mr. Johnson was asking Tom a lot of questions, but Tom couldn’t answer __11___ of them. Mr. Johnson then decided to ask him some very simple questions __12___ he could get __13__ right, “What was the Great Pyramid?” he asked.
Tom thought for __14___ and then answered, “ A city in Australia?”
“ No, it was an old tomb in Egypt,” Mr. Johnson said. He was getting a little angry __15__ , but he was trying not to ___16__it.
The he asked , “__17__was the first president of the United States?”
Tom thought for a long time, but didn’t say __18__ . Then Mr. Johnson got very angry and shouted, “George Washington!” Tom stood up and began to walk __19__ his seat.
“ Come __20___ !” Mr. Johnson said. “ I didn’t tell you to go.”
“Oh, I’m sorry,” Tom said. “ I thought you called the next student.”
11. A. some                                B. any                                C. each                      D. every
12. A. in order                        B. in case                        C. unless               D. so that
13. A. few                                B. a few                                C. little                 D. a little
14. A. something                        B. somewhere            C. some time            D. some one
15. A. now                                B. then                                C. so                              D. yet
16. A. give                                B. let                                C. show                                D. look
17. A. What                         B. Which                        C. Who                                D. Whose
18. A. anything              B. something                C. nothing              D. everything
19. A. from                 B. towards                        C. with                                D. through
20. A. to                    B. on                                C. towards                        D. back

IV.  Reading Comprehension (Choose the best answer for each of the questions or unfinished statements after the reading passages.)
Passage 1
The French Revolution broke out in 1789. At the time France was in a crisis. The government was badly run and people’s lives were miserable. King Louis XIV tried to control the national parliament and raise more taxes. But his effort failed. He ordered his troops to Versailles. The people thought that Louis intended to put down the Revolution by force. On July 14,1789, they stormed and took the Bastille, where political prisoners were kept. Ever since that day, July 14 has been the French National Day. Louis tried to flee the country in 1792 to get support from Austria and Prussia. However, he was caught and put in prison. In September 1792, the monarchy was abolished. In the same year, Louis was executed. A few months later his wife, Marie also had her head cut off. The Revolution of France had frightened the other kings of Europe. Armies from Austria and Prussia began to march against France. The French raised republican armies to defend the nation. The Revolution went through a period of terror. Thousands of people lost their lives. In the end, power passed to Napoleon Bonaparte. (190 words)
21. What’s this passage about?
A. France.                B. King Louis.        C. The French Revolution.        D. Europe.
22. Which did not happen in 1789?
A. The French Revolution broke out.                       
B. The national economy was developing rapidly.
C. The government wasn’t well run.
D. King Louis XIV was in power.
23. Where were the political prisoners kept?
A. In Versailles.        B. In Austria.                C. In Prussia.                        D. In Bastille.
24. What does the underlined word “abolished” mean?
A. Put off.                B. Established.                C. United.                                D. Ended.
25. What was NOT the effect of the Revolution?
A. July 14 has become the French National Day.
B. It brought some impact on the other European Kings.
C. Louis’s wife, Marie was killed.
D. The king tried to control the national parliament.  

Passage 2
    By definition, heroes and heroines are men and women distinguished by uncommon courage, achievements, and self-sacrifice made most for the benefits of others-they are people against whom we measure others. They are men and women recognized for shaping our nation’s consciousness and development as well as the lives of those who admire them. Yet, some people say that ours is an age where true heroes and heroines are hard to come by, where the very idea of heroism is something beyond us – an artifact of the past. Some maintain, that because the Cold War is over and because America is at peace, our age is essentially an unheroic one. Furthermore, the overall crime rate is down, poverty has been eased by a strong and growing economy, and advances continue to be made in medical science.
        Cultural icons are hard to define, but we know them when we see them. They are people who manage to go beyond celebrity(明星), who are legendary, who somehow manage to become mythic. But what makes some figures icons and others mere celebrities? That’s hard to answer. In part, their lives have the quality of a story to tell. For instance, the beautiful young Diana Spencer who at 19 married a prince, renounced marriage and the throne, and died at the moment she found true love. Good looks certainly help. So does a special indefinable charm, with the help of the media. But nothing confirms an icon more than a tragic death – such as Martin Luther King, Jr., John F. Kennedy, and Princess Diana.
26. The passage mainly deals with _______.
  A. life and death                                                B. heroes and heroines
  C. heroes and icons                                        D. icons and celebrities
27. Heroes and heroines are usually _______.
  A. courageous                                                        B. good example to follow
  C. self-sacrificing                                                D. all of the above
28. Which of the following statements is wrong?
  A. Poverty in America has been eased with the economic growth.
  B. Superstars are famous for being famous.
  C. One’s look can contribute to being famous.
  D. Heroes and heroines can only emerge in war times.
29. Beautiful young Diana Spencer found her genuine love _______.
  A. when she was 19                                        B. when she became a princess
  C. just before her death                                        D. after she gave birth to a prince
30. What is more likely to set an icon’s status?
  A. Good looks.                                                B. Tragic and early death.
  C. Personal attraction.                                        D. The quality of one’s story.

V.Translation
31. Fred was such a hardworking student that he soon came out first in the class.

Unit 4  Travel
1. Hello, may I talk to the director now?
A. Sorry, he is busy at the moment.        B. No, you can’t.
C. Sorry, you can’t.                                D. I don’t know.
2.        I was worried about my maths, but Mr. Brown gave me an A.
A. Don’t worry about it.                        B. Congratulations! That’s difficult course.
C. Mr. Brown is very good.                        D. Good luck to you!
3.        What can I do for you?
A.I want a kilo of pears.                        B. You can do in your own way.
C. Thanks.                                                D. Excuse me. I’m busy.
4.        Excuse me ,but can you tell me the way to the post office?
A. Don ’t. ask that .                                B. Sorry, I’m a stranger here.
C. No, I can’t say that.                        D. No, you’re driving too fast.
5. Oh, sorry to bother you.
A. That’s Okay.                                        B. No, you can’t
C. That’s good.                                                D. Oh, I don’t know.

6.        What is the train _____ to Birmingham?
A. fee                                B. tip                                C. fare                                D. cost
7. You            buy some reference books when you go to college.
   A. could                         B. will have to
   C. must to                        D. might
8. This was the first time that he was _________ English class.
A. absence from                                                B. absent from                       
C. absence of                                                        D. absent of
9. You should not _______ him so harshly in his face.
  A. critics                                B. critical                        C. criticize                        D. criticized
10. He is away all year _________ his work.
A. for the sake at                B. in the sake at                C. for the sake of                D. in the sake of

III. Cloze
    It is always interesting to visit another country, especially for those who have never traveled a great deal. Foreign   11   can be very educational for anyone if he is interested enough to make preparations beforehand. Learning the language of the new country would be difficult for the traveler,   12   the benefits of such an effort would become obvious immediately   1   his arrival. It may not seem important to him when he comfortably stays at home, but knowing how to   14   a meal or book a room is necessary for the newcomer in a strange country. Without knowing the language, it is very difficult   15   the stranger to understand the people of the new country and their customs.        
        Of course, in our small world it is often possible to find someone   16   understands our own, but this is only second-best for the traveler. To be sure, he can see places and things   17   the use of a language, but places and things   18   not the heart of any country. To get the greatest benefit from a trip   19   another country, it is how important for the visitor to   20  an understanding of the language.
11. A. travel                        B. country                        C. language                        D. people
12. A. when                        B. so                                C. and                                D. but
13. A. on                        B. before                        C. while                                D. at
14. A. buy                        B. order                                C. eat                                D. book
15. A. of                        B. to                                C. for                                D. in
16. A. who                        B. where                        C. which                        D. whom
17. A. without                B. with                                C. by                                D. that
18. A. is                                B. are                                C. were                                D. had
19. A. of                        B. in                                C. to                                D. on
20. A. has                        B. having                        C. had                                D. have

Passage 1
Sixteen-year-old Maria was waiting in line at the airport in Santo Domingo. She was leaving her native country to join her sister in the United States. She spoke English very well. Though she was very happy she could go abroad, she was feeling sad at leaving her family and fiends. As she was thinking all about this, she suddenly heard the airline employee asking her to pick up her luggage and put it on the scales(称). Maria pulled and pulled. The bag was too heavy and she just couldn’t lift it up. The man behind her got very impatient. He, too, was waiting to check in his luggage.
“What’s wrong with this girl?” He said, “Why doesn’t she hurry up?” He moved forward and placed his bag on the counter, hoping to check in fist. He was in a hurry to get a good seat.
Maria was very angry, but she was very polite. And in her best English she said, “Why are you so upset? There are enough seats for everyone on the plane. If you are in such a hurry, why can’t you give me a hand with my luggage?”
The man was surprised to hear Maria speak English. He quickly picked up her luggage and stepped back. Everyone was looking at him with disapproval. (224 words)
21. Maria’s story happened ________.
A. when she was leaving America                        B. on her way back to Santo Domingo
C. before she left the USA                                D. when she arrived at the airport   
22. You believer that the work of the airline employee mentioned in the story is to _______ at the airport.
A. help carry people’s luggage                                B. ask people to pick up the luggage
C. check people’s luggage                                  D. take care of people’s luggage
23. “Why are you so upset?” Maria said to the man. She wanted to tell him that he should not be _______.
A. surprised                        B. sad                                C. unhappy                        D. sorry
24. “Everyone was looking at him with disapproval.” This sentence means that the people around felt _______.   
A. worried about Maria                                        B. worried about the man
C. sorry for Maria’s manners                                D. sorry for the man’s manners
25. The author mentioned Maria’s age at the beginning of the story in order to show that _________.   
A. she was young but behaved properly               
B. she would not have left home alone
C. everyone around her was wrong                               
D. it was not good that nobody offered to help her       

Passage 2
A foreigner’s first impression of the U.S. is likely to be that everyone is in a rush-often under pressure. City people appear always to be hurrying to get where they are going restlessly, seeking attention in a store, and elbowing others as they try to complete their errands (任务). Racing through daytime meals is part of the pace of life in this country.
Working time is considered precious. Others in public eating places are waiting for you to finish so that they too can be served and get back to work within the time allowed. Each person hurries to make room for the next person. If you don’t, waiters will hurry you.
You also find drivers will be abrupt and that people will push past you. You will miss smiles, brief conversations, and small courtesies with strangers. Don’t take it personally. This is because people value time highly, and they resent someone else “wasting” it beyond a certain courtesy point.
The view of time affects the importance we attach to patience. In the American system of values, patience is not a high priority. Many of us have what might be called “a short fuse.” We begin to move restlessly about if we feel time is slipping away without some returnbe this in terms of pleasure, work value, or rest. Those coming from lands where time is looked upon differently may find this matter of pace to be one of their most difficult adjustments in both business and daily life.
Many newcomers to the States will miss the opening courtesy of a business call, for example, they will miss the ritual socializing that goes with a welcoming cup of tea or coffee they may be traditional in their own country. They may miss leisurely business chats in a café or coffeehouse. Normally, Americans do not assess their visitors in such relaxed surroundings over prolonged small talks. We seek out evidence of past performance rather than evaluate a business colleague through social courtesies. Since we generally assess and probe professionally rather than socially, we start talking business very quickly. (348 words)
26. Which of the following statements is wrong? __________
A. Americans seem to be always under pressure.
B. Americans attach less importance to patience.
C. Americans don’t care much about ritual socializing.
D. Americans are impolite to their business colleagues.
27. In the fourth paragraph, “a high priority” means __________.
A. a less important thing                                        B. a first concern
C. a good business                                                D. an attractive gift
28. Americans evaluate a business colleague __________.
A. through social courtesy                                B. through prolonged business talks
C. by establishing business relations                D. by learning about their past performance
29. This passage mainly talks about __________.  
A. how Americans treasure their time
B. how busy Americans are every day
C. how Americans do business with foreigners       
D. what American way of life is like
30. We can infer from the passage that the author’s tone in writing is ___________.
A. critical                                B. ironical                        C. appreciative                D. objective
V.Translation
31. The more passions we have, the more happiness we are likely to experience.

Unit 5        Environmental Protection
1. Excuse me, how much is the jacket? It’s 499 Yuan.________.
   A. Oh, no. That’s OK!                                      B. How do you like it?
   C. Which do you prefer?                                    D. Would you like to try it on?
2. ____________ He teaches physics in a school.
   A. What does your father want to do?           B. Who is your father?      
C. What is your father?                                        D. Where is your father now?
3. Could you help me with my physics, please?
A. No, no way.                                                        B. No, I couldn’t.               
C. No, I can’t                               
D. Sorry I can’t. I have to go to a meeting right now.
4. Could I speak to Don Watkins, please?
A. I’m listening.                B. Oh, how are you?                C. Speaking, please.        D. I’m Don
5. Could I borrow your car for a few days?
A. Yes, you may borrow.                                                        B. Yes, go on.
C. Sure ,here your are. Enjoy your journey.                        D. It doesn’t matter.

6. John’s father _________ mathematics in this school ever since he graduated from Harvard University.
A. taught                     B. teaches         C. has taught                   D. is teaching
7. They have _______ to the moon and _____ back to the earth again.
A. been, came,                B. gone, come,                C. been, come                D. gone, come
8. When you find it difficult to communicate with foreigners in English, please don’t ___ trying to learn language   
A. give up                         B. pick up                         C. put up                         D. take up
9. A long time ago, I _______ in London for three years.
A. had lived     B. have lived              C. lived                       D. have been living
10. She _____ 100 pages of the book today.
A. has already read                                                B. already reads      
C. already read                                                    D. was already read

III. Cloze
Climate change is one of the most fundamental challenges ever to confront humanity. Its impacts are already showing and will intensify over time __11__ left unchecked. There is overwhelming scientific evidence, __12__ shown in the Fourth Assessment Report (第四次评估报告的综合报告)of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) 政府间气候变化专门委员会(IPCC), that climate change will threaten __13__ growth and long-term prosperity, as well as the very survival of the most vulnerable populations. IPCC projections indicate that if emissions continue to rise at their current __14__ and are allowed to double from their pre-industrial level, the world will face an average temperature__15__ of around 3°C this century. Serious impacts are associated __16__ this scenario (情景), including sea-level rise, shifts in growing seasons, and an __17__ frequency and intensity of extreme weather events such as storms, floods and droughts.
The United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen in December in 2009 offers a __18__ opportunity to step up international action on climate change. A Copenhagen deal is __19__  the global transition into green economic growth, and, most urgently, to help the world, especially the most vulnerable, to adapt to impacts __20__ are now inevitable.
11. A. if                                 B. whether                        C. when                                D. which
12. A. because                        B. as                                C. while                                D. when
13. A. economics                        B. economical                C. economy                 D. economic
14. A. speed                                B. rate                                C. pace                                D. rhythm
15. A. rising                         B. rise                                C. raise                                D. raising
16. A. with                                B. to                                C. from                                D. in
17. A. being increased        B. increased                        C. increase                        D. increasing
18. A. history                        B. historical                        C. historic                        D. historically
19. A. necessary                        B. inevitable                        C. essential                         D. basic
20. A. that                                B. of which                        C. who                                D. what

Passage 1
Linda and David have traveled by air from London to Sydney, Australia. Linda has promised her mother that she will ring her to let her know that they have arrived safely. This is something she had done ever since she was a child. David thinks it is a good idea to ring so far, to spend too much, and to say so little.
“If there were an accident.” He says, “They’d know soon enough. Bad news travels fast.”
But Linda has promised that she would ring. “ However,” she says, “is doesn’t cost much when you just think that it’s the other side of the world. It’s only six pence per second.
“If you’re on that telephone for less than one minute, I’ll eat my hat.” David says, “And one minute’s nearly four pounds.”
“That’s no more than you’d pay for a new hat,” Linda answers.
She has asked the man at the hotel desk to get her the number. The telephone rings. Linda picks it up.
“Hello, Mum, Is that you?” She says.
“Six pence per second,” David reminds her.
“Hello, love,” It is Mrs. Lee, Linda’s mother, speaking from London. “I can hear you very clearly just like you are in the next room. It’s a better line than when you called me from your office. Do you remember? I shouted at that time, and still you couldn’t hear me sometimes.”
“Yes, Mum.” Linda puts in. “ I just wanted to ring to …”
“I remember how you rang when you went to Betty’s house to eat, when you were a little girl. And then when you …” Mrs. Lee is a great talker.
“ Nearly four pounds.” says David.
Linda tries to tell her mother that it is time to say goodbye.
“Yes, all right,” says Mrs. Lee, “But you will write, won’t you, as you did when you were at work …”
Once again, Mrs, Lee talks about the past, and there is no stopping off.
At last, Linda cuts her mother short, promises to write, and rings off.
“ There! That wasn’t long, was it?”
“ Four pounds, ninety pence.” David answers. “And you didn’t even say that we’ve arrived.”
21. Linda is telephoning home to _____.
  A. tell her mother some bad news     B. say that she and David have arrived safely
  C. report an accident to her mother    D. say that she and David have left London
22. Linda does not think it expensive to ring, because _______.
  A. it only costs four pounds and ninety pence         
B. it is even more expensive to buy a new hat
C. she had telephoned home since she was a child
D. she will speak from one side of the world to the other
23. David says, “Nearly four pounds,” because _________.
  A. he wants to remind Linda of the cost of the call
  B. he wants to buy himself a new hat
  C. Linda has not told her mother they have arrived
  D. he wants Mrs. Lee to know how much the call costs
24. Mrs. Lee goes on talking for so long because _________.
  A. she likes to hear all about the past         B. she likes talking
  C. Linda had not told her that she has arrived
  D. she is going to pay for the telephone call
25. Linda stopped her mother by _________.
  A. telling her how much the call is costing
  B. writing a letter as she has promised to do
  C. telling her that they have arrived safely
  D. promising to write, and ringing off(挂断电话)

Passage 2
E-mail is one of the biggest threats (威胁) to your home computer. By understanding how E-mail works, and by taking some steps in how you deal with reading and writing messages, you can keep this threat out of your computer. When you exchange E-mail with someone else, the messages sent between you and that person pass through several computers before they reach their places. Imagine this conversation as it is taking place in an Internet “room”, a very, very big room. Anyone, or more exactly, any program can probably understand what is being said, because most Internet conversations are not hidden in any way. As a result, others may be listening in, capturing what you send, and using it for their own good.
  E-mail-borne viruses often arrive in attractive, fantastic appearances, much like the beautiful ads we receive by way of traditional mail that is made to sell us something. By beautiful appearances, an infected (感染) E-mail message seems to be something we want to read from someone we know, not a mean virus ready to destroy or damage our computers.
  There are some steps that you can take to help you decide what to do with every E-mail message with an attachment (附件) that you receive. You should only read a message that passes all of these tests:
  1) The Know Test: Is the E-mail from someone that you know?
  2) The Received Test: Have you received E-mail from this sender before?
  3) The Expected Test: Were you waiting for E-mail with an attachment from this sender?
  4) The Meaning Test: Do the topic line of the E-mail message and the name of the attachment both have meanings?
  5) The Virus Test: Is the E-mail infected?
26. Which of the following is the main idea in the first paragraph?
  A. We should not exchange our E-mail with someone else.
  B. It is dangerous to read and write E-mail messages at home.
  C. We should learn how E-mail works to take care of our computers.
  D. Our chats on computers are usually going on in a big Internet room.
27. What does the underlined word “capturing” probably mean?
  A. taking    B. hiding    C. receiving    D. destroying
28. As the Internet is open to anyone, we should _________.
  A. not read and write messages in our home computers
  B. not allow nice advertisements to reach our computers
  C. stop our conversations while someone is listening in it
  D. be careful with the attractive E-mails sent by strangers
29. What is the passage mainly talking about?
  A. The threats of E-mail.       B. The safety of home computers.
  C. The E-mail-borne viruses.     D. The steps to receive E-mail messages.

V.Translation
31 Bill hit his car into a wall last night.

Unit 6        Mass Media
1.        — Please help yourself to the seafood.  
— _______                        
  A. No, I can’t.                                                                B. Sorry, I can’t help.
  C. Well, seafood don’t suit for.                                D. Thanks, but I don’t like the seafood.
2. — Would you like to go to the concert with us this evening?
  — _______
A. No, I already have plans.                                        B. I’d love to, but I’m busy tonight.
C. No, I really don’t like being with you.                D. I’m ill, so I shouldn’t go out.
3. — We are going to have a singing party tonight. Would you like to join us?  A   
  — _______
  A. I’m afraid not, because I have to go to an important meeting.
  B. Of course not. I have no idea.
  C. No, I can’t.
  D. That’s all set.
4. —How about going to dinner at the Mexican restaurant tonight?
—____________                                       
A. Forget it.                                                                B. Sorry, I like Mexican food.
C. That’s great!                                                        D. Glad you like it.
5. ______ Well, they got there last Wednesday. So about a week.
   A. When did your parents arrive at Paris?
   B. How long have your parents been in Paris?
   C. Did your parents arrive at Paris last Wednesday?
   D. When will your parents go to Paris?
6. You can _____ this word in the vocabulary.
A. look at                                B. look in                                C. look up                        D. look for
7. Fred ______________ the window.
A. denied broke                B. denied breaking                C. denied break                D. denied to break
8. Will you _________ me a favor, please?
A. do                               B. make                               C. bring                D. give
9. There have been many _________ in their marriage but they still love each other.
A. right and wrong                            B. back and forth            
C. ups and downs                             D. right and left
10. He likes to swim __________.
   A. and to play football                                        B. and playing football
   C. but play football                                                D. and he also likes playing football

III. Cloze
More and more teachers and parents have noticed another kind of pollution,   11  came from the printed papers sold on streets.
These printed things look like newspaper but have hardly anything to do with them. You can only find reading material badly   12   there-some are too strange for anyone to believe,  13   are frightening stories of something even worse. However, many of the young students are getting absorbed in such poisonous reading, which costs them what they should pay for their breakfast and bring them nightmares and immoral ideas   14   return. Homework is left undone, daily games lost.
These sellers shout on streets selling their papers well. The writers, publishers and printers,  15   they are, we never know, are making their silent money. The sheep skinned wolf’s stories seem to have been forgotten once again.
Why not forbid this kind of things at school? Yes, both teachers and parents have   16   each other for more strict control of the young readers. Yet unfortunately,  17   you want to forbid it, the more they want to have a look at it. Sometimes you may even fin18   driven by the curious nature.
It really does harm to our society. It has already formed a sort of moral pollution. The   19   teachers and parents need more powerful support. Meanwhile, the young readers need more interesting books to help them   20  these ugly papers.
11.  A. it                                B. that                                C. which                        D. this pollution
12.  A. made of             B. made up                        C. made from                D. made in
13.  A. the others            B. others                        C. the other                        D. some others
14.  A. as                                B. in                                C. for                                D. from
15.  A. however                        B. whoever                        C. whichever                D. however
16.  A. warned                        B. advised                        C. persuaded                 D. asked
17.  A. if                                 B. the more                         C. one                                D. one only
18.  A. the others                B. some others                C. another                        D. others
19.  A. puzzled                        B. disappointed                C. anxious                        D. worried
20.  A. destroy                        B. throw away                C. fight against                D. get rid of

Passage 1
How men first learnt to invent words is unknown; in other words, the origin of language is a mystery. All we really know is that men, unlike animals, somehow invented certain sounds to express thought and feelings, actions and things, so that they could communicate with each other; and that later they agreed upon certain signs, called letters, which could be combined to present those sounds, and which could be written down. Those sounds, whether spoken or written in letters, we call words.   
        The power of words, then, lies in their associations-the thing they bring up before our minds. Words become filled with meaning for us by experience; and the longer we live, the more certain words recall to us the glad and sad events of our past; and the more we read and learn, the more the number of words that mean something increases.
        Great writers are those who not only have great thoughts but also express these thoughts in words which appeal powerfully to our minds and emotions. This charming and telling use of words is what we call literary style. Above all, the real poet is a master of words. He can convey his meaning in words which sing like music and which by their position and association can move men to tears. We should therefore learn to choose our words carefully and use them accurately, or they will make our speech silly and vulgar.
21. The origin of language is _______.  
  A. a legend handed down from the past                B. a matter that is hidden or secret
  C. a question difficult to answer                                D. a problem not yet solved
22. What is true about words?      
  A. They are used to express feelings only.        B. They can not be written down.
  C. They are simply sounds.                                        D. They are mysterious.
23. The real power of words lies in their _______.  
  A. properties                                                                B. characteristics               
C. peculiarity                                                                D. representative function  
24. By “association”, the author means _______.  
  A. a special quality                                                        B. a joining of ideas in the mind
  C. an appearance which is puzzling                        D. a strange feature
25. Which of the following statements about the real poet is NOT true?   
A. He is no more than a master of words.               
B. He can convey his ideas in words which sing like music.
C. He can move men to tears.                                D. His style is always charming.

Passage 2
What makes a person a scientist? Does he have ways or tools of learning that are different from those of others? The answer is “no”. It is not the tools a scientist uses but how he uses these tools that makes him a scientist. You will probably agree that knowing how to use a power is important to a carpenter. You will probably agree, too, that knowing how to investigate, how to discover information, is important to everyone. The scientist, however, goes one step further, he must be sure that he has a reasonable answer to his questions and that his answer can be confirmed by other persons. He also works to fit the answers he gets to many questions into a large set of ideas about how the world works.
The scientist’s knowledge must be exact. There is no room for half right or right just half the time. He must be as nearly right as the conditions permit. What works under one set of conditions at one time must work under the same conditions at other times. If the conditions are different, any changes the scientist observes in a demonstration must be explained by the changes in the conditions. This is one reason that investigations are important in science. Albert Einstein, who developed the theory of relativity, arrived at this theory through mathematics. The accuracy of his mathematics was later tested through investigations, Einstein’s ideas were shown to be correct. A scientist uses many tools for measurements. Then the measurements are used to make mathematical calculations that may test his investigations. (263 words)
26. What makes a scientist according to the passage? ________________. 
A.        The tools he uses.
B.        The way he uses his tools. 
C.        His ways of learning.
D.        The various tools he uses.
27. “The scientist, however, goes one step further…”. The author says this to show ____________. 
A.        the important of information
B.        the importance of thinking
C.        the difference between scientists and ordinary people 
D.        the difference between carpenters and people with other jobs.
28. A sound scientific theory should be one that ___________________. 
A.        works not only under one set of conditions at one time, but also under the same conditions at other times does not allow any
B.        changes even under different conditions
C.        can be used for many purposes
D.        leave no room for improvement
29. The author quotes the case of Albert Einstein to illustrate ______________.
A.        that measurements are keys to success in science
B.        that accuracy of mathematics
C.        that the investigations are important in science 
D.        that the mathematical calculations may test his investigations
30. What is the main idea of the passage? __________. 
A.        The theory of relativity.
B.        Exactness is the core of science.
C.        Scientists are different form ordinary people.
D.        Exactness and ways of using tools are the keys to the making of a scientist. 
V.Translation
31. Are you fond of music?

Unit 7        Social Customs
1. Thank you for your help.
A. Oh, thanks. I got it yesterday.          B. Sorry, it’s too cheap.
C. You can have it.                     D. See you later.
3. You know, I have three kids now.________.
   A. Well, I’ ve grown a mustache.                          B. That’s terrific!
   C. Say, you’ ve really changed your hair.        D. Well, I gave up drinking.
4.        Thank you for inviting me.
A.I really had a happy time.                                B. Oh, it’ s too late.
C. Thank you for coming.                                        D. Oh, so slowly?
5. May I see your tickets, please?
A. No, they are mine.        B. No, you can’t                C. Sure.                D. Yes, you can.

6. I was giving a talk to a large group of people,the same talk I ___to half a dozen other groups before.
A.        was giving                B. am giving                        C. had given                        D. have given
7. A washing line _______ between two trees in the garden before we finished washing the clothes.
A. has extended                                                B. have extended               
C. has been extended                                        D. have extended
8. I _______ these invasions of my privacy.
A. objected to                B. object        to                C. objected                        D. objected of
9. It’s __________ that he was wrong.
A. clearly               B. clarity               C. clear                       D. clearing
10. We’ve missed the last bus. I’m afraid we have no ____ but to take a taxi.
A. way                       B. choice               C. possibility             D. selection

III. Cloze
An old man died and left his son  ___11___ money. But the son was a foolish young man, and he quickly spent __12___ money, so that he had ____13___left . Of course, when that happened, all his friends ____14___ him. When he was quite poor and alone, he went to see Nasreddin, who was a kind , clever old man and often helped people when ____15___ had troubles.
    “ My money has finished and my friends have gone,” said the young man. “What will ____16___ to me now?”
“Don’t ___17___ , young man,” answered Nasreddin. “Everything will soon be all right again. Wait , and you will soon feel ____18____ happier”
The young man was very glad, “ Am I going to ____19___again then?”
“ No, I ____20___ mean that,” said the old man. “ I meant that you would soon get used to being poor and having no friends.
11. A. a plenty                        B. a lot of                        C. enough                        D. many
12. A. the all                                B. all the                        C. whole the        D. amount the
13. A. something                        B. anything                        C. everything       D. nothing
14. A. away from                        B. missed                        C. left                                D. lent
15. A. they                                B. you                                C. one                                D. men
16. A. place                                B. happen                        C. fall                                D. leave
17. A. hurry                                B. worry                        C. sorry                                D. carry
18. A. much                                B. more           C. very                                D. quite
19. A. no poor                        B. be richer                        C. get rich                        D. get better
20. A. don’t                                B. didn’t                        C. haven’t                        D. won’t   

IV. Reading Comprehension (Choose the best answer for each of the questions or unfinished statements after the reading passages.)
Passage 1  
Laws have been written to govern the use of American National Flag, and to ensure proper respect for the flag. Custom has also governed the common practice in regard to its use. All the armed services have precise regulations on how to display the national flag. This may vary somewhat from the general rules. The national flag should be raised and lowered by hand. Do not raise the flag while it is folded. Unfolded the flag first, and then hoist it quickly to the top of the flagpole. Lower it slowly and with dignity. Place no objects on or over the flag. Do not use the flag as part of a costume or athletic uniform. Do not print it upon cushions, handkerchief, paper napkins or boxes. A federal law provides that the trademark cannot be registered if it comprises the flag, or badgers of the US. When the flag is used to unveil a statue or monument, it shouldn’t serve as a covering of the object to be unveiled. If it is displayed on such occasions, do not allow the flag to the ground, but let it be carried high up in the air to form a feature of the ceremony. Take every precaution to prevent the flag from soiled. It should not be allowed to touch the ground or floor, nor to brush against objects.
21. How do Americans ensure proper respect for the national flag?   
  A. By making laws.                                                B. By enforcing discipline.
  C. By educating the public.                                        D. By holding ceremonies.
22. What is the regulation regarding the raising of the American National Flag?
  A. It should be raised by soldiers.                       
B. It should be raised quickly by hand.
  C. It should be raised only by Americans.               
D. It should be raised by mechanical means.
23. How should the American National Flag be displayed at an unveiling ceremony?   
  A. It should be attached to the status.                       
B. It should be hung from the top of the monument.
  C. It should be spread over the object to be unveiled.
  D. It should be carried high up in the air.  
24. What do we learn about the use of the American National Flag?
  A. There has been a lot of controversy over the use of flag.
  B. The best athletes can wear uniforms with the design of the flag.
  C. There are precise regulations and customs to be followed.
  D. Americans can print the flag on their cushions or handkerchiefs.
25. What is Americans’ attitude towards their National Flag?
  A. Arbitrary        .                B. Respect.                        C. Happy.                        D. Brave.

Passage 2
A friend of mine was fond of drawing horse. He drew the horses very well, but he always began the tail. Now it is the Western rule to begin at the head of the horse, that is why I was surprised. It struck me that it could not really make any difference whether the artist begins at the head or the tail or the belly(肚子) or the foot of the horse, if he really knows his business. And most great artists who really know their business do not follow other people’s rule. They make their own rules. Every one of them does his work in a way peculiar(奇特的) to himself; and the peculiarity means only that he finds it more easy to work in that way.
    Now the very same thing is true to literature(文学). And the question, "How shall I begin?" only means that you want to begin at the head instead of beginning at the tail or somewhere else. That is, you are not yet experienced(有经验的) enough to trust to your own powers. When you become more experienced you will never ask the question, and I think that you will often begin at the tail --that is to say, you will write the end of the story before you have even thought of the beginning.
26. A friend of the writer’s drew the horses ____.
A. very well                                                                B. in the way of western rule
C. in the way of his own rule                                        D. all of the above
27. The writer was surprised because ____.
A. the artist began to draw at the head of the horse
B. the artist began to draw at the tail of the horse
C. the artist made his own rule
D. the artist did not follow other people’s rule
28. You are not yet experienced because ____.
A. you don’t know where to begin
B. you want to begin at the head instead of beginning at the tail
C. you always asked question
D. you do not trust to your own powers
29. When you become more experienced you will ____.
A. never ask question                                                 B. often begin at the tail
C. should write the end of the story                         D. should think of the beginning
30. The topic of the passage is ______.
A. How to draw a horse                                         B. How to write a story
C. How to make your own rules                                 D. Trust to your own powers

V.Translation
31. In no other country in the world can you find such plants as this one.

Unit 8        holidays
1.        —Who’s that speaking?            
—This is Tom ____________     
A. speaks                        B. spoken                        C. speaking                        D. saying
2. —Hi, welcome back! Had a nice trip?
—____________                  
A. Oh, fantastic! Fresh air, and sunshine every day.
B. Come on, I’ve got lots of fun.
C. By the way, I don’t like Saturdays.
D. Well, I’ll look forward to your phone call.
3. — Hi, is Mary there, please?
  — _______               
A. Hold on. I’ll get her.                                        B. No, she isn’t here.
C. Yes, she lives here.                                        D. Yes, what do you want?
4. Please help yourself to the seafood.

6. The boys ________ building the garden by the end of next months.
A. will finish                B. will have finished                C. have finished                D. has finished
7. On average, a successful lawyer has to talk to several ________ a day.
A. customers                   B. supporters                     C. guests                    D. clients
8. You ________ a very difficult choice there.
A. face with                        B. are faced with                        C. face at                        D. are faced with
9. The basin _________ with water.
A. was filled for                B. was full for                        C. was filled with        D. was full with
10. The young actor who had been thought highly of _______ to be a great disappointment.
   A. turned up     B. turned out                    C. turned down    D. turned in

III. Cloze
A FOX one day fell into a deep well and could find no way out. A thirsty Goat, came to the same well, ___11___the Fox, asked if the water was good.
“It’s wonderful,” shouted the fox ___12__the bottom of the well. “Come on down.” The Goat, thinking only of his thirst, ____13___ down, but just as he drank, he realized he was trapped!
The Fox had an idea. “If,” said he, “you will place your forefeet(前足) ___14___ the wall and bend your head , I will run ___15___your back and escape, and will help you out ___16___”
The Goat agreed and the Fox leaped upon his back. Steadying himself with the Goat’s horns, he safely ___17___ the top of the well and ran off as __18___ as he could.
“What about me?” shouted the Goat from the bottom of the well. ___19___ the Fox was long gone, and the Goat was very wet. Look before you ___20___.
11. A. saw                                B. seeing                        C. watched                        D. noticed
12. A. from                                B. on                                C. at                    D. below
13. A. walked                        B. ran                                C. jumped         D. flew
14. A. up                                B. along                                C. in                                D. on
15. A. up                                B. against                        C. in                                D. on
16. A. at once                        B. afterwards                C. later                                D. right now
17. A. reached                        B. arrived at                        C. got                                D. stayed
18. A. lowly                                B. fast                                C. slowly                        D. steadily
19. A. But                                B. When                        C. As                                D. And
20. A. jump                                B. run                                C. walk                                D. leap

Passage 1
It has been reported that in colleges across the United States, the daytime serial drama known as the soap opera has suddenly become “in”. Between the hours of 11
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 12:27 , Processed in 0.135196 second(s), 22 queries .