一、单选题（共 50 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. The national flag of the United States is the Stars and the ( ).
2. The intelligence department was accused of failure to ( ) the troops to the possibility of an enemy attack during the weekend.
3. Obviously, no teacher has ( )patience. Even Larry, who is always kind and tolerant, lost his temper on that particular occasion.
4. As a reporter, I was paid to ( ) into other people's lives.
5. Once Mr. Green ( ) you in conversation, you're stuck with him for at least an hour.
6. Don't let his criticism ( ) you; he belongs to the kind of people who take delight in finding fault with other's work.
7. The offer of a free overseas tour ( ) him into buying the villa on the hillside.
8. Everyone else was killed in the accident. I was the only to ( ).
9. The talks might ( ) for weeks before any concrete result is announced.
A. press on
B. drag on
C. get bogged
D. hold out
10. Our director had ( ) on the matter for a long time before he made the decision.
11. He was healthy ( ) and ( ) .
A. physical, mental
B. physically, mentally
C. body, mind
D. bodily, mindedly
12. People under a lot of ( ) may experience headaches, minor pains and sleeping difficulties.
13. The weather wasn't favorable and both teams had to ( ) icy rain and a strong wind during the match.
A. pin down
B. contend with
C. get stuck in
D. take control of
14. We need someone really ( ) who can organize the office and make it run smoothly.
15. Dr. Light, who is ( ) to be one of the best surgeons in London, performed the operation and successfully removed the tumor in her lungs.
16. In today's working world the roles of men and women are becoming ( ).
17. "Have you any ( )plans for your future now that you've completed your graduate studies?"
18. The car, at least as we know it, is on the way out, because its exhaust ( ) a threat to the environment.
19. The destruction of the Twin Towers in New York City ( ) shock and anger throughout the world.
20. The ball was ( ) out of his grasp by a player on the other team.
21. The survey found 80 percent of viewers were ( ) by he violent scenes in the film.
22. The plants are in a(n) ( ) plastic box, so the children can observe how the roots grow with time.
23. Whether you go or not does not ( ) .
A. make a difference
B. make difference
C. make different
D. make differences
24. He should ( ) what he's good at, and no switch to something he knows nothing about.
A. take on
B. stick to
C. go after
D. live on
25. AIDS activists permanently changed and shortened America's ( ) process for testing and approving new drugs of all kinds, for all disease.
26. Some of the tunnels in the cliff are natural, some were ( ) out.
27. At night, cars often ( ) small animals that are blinded by the headlights.
A. run over
B. held up
C. took apart
D. drove at
28. George ( ) an agonizing 48-hour wait for the result of the tests.
29. ( ) her son's expert driving, she got to the support on time, despite the heavy rain.
A. Due to
B. Thanks to
C. Owing to
D. On account of
30. The Israeli troops ( )by launching a bombing attack on the Palestinian-controlled areas.
A. had a crack
B. took a toll
C. took revenge
D. followed up
31. People from different cultures have different ( ) of the world.
32. The doctor ( ) Billy's operation with x-rays and special exercises to make him stronger.
A. went after
B. followed up
C. started up
D. took on
33. Anyone caught ( ) an offense will be punished.
34. He hated wandering about and expected to find a ( ) position in the Civil Service of government.
35. This course focuses on the ( )of economic analysis to the problems of inflation, unemployment, the balance of payments and enterprise behavior.
36. Under normal circumstances the body can ( ) these naturally occurring substances into vitamins.
37. He has already been living in China for twenty years, so it's possible for him to see things from the ( ) of a Chinese.
38. As he walked out of the court, he was ( ) with frustration and rage.
39. The great influenza epidemic ( ) over 20 million dead.
A. left about
B. left behind
C. left for
D. left down
40. This disease ( ) in Africa but now spread to many parts of the world.
41. The aircraft base is protected with specially designed shelters which are built to ( )ground and air attacks.
42. The mayor promised to trim the city budget without cutting ( ) services.
43. I'm pleased to hear of your job offer-all that hard work at school has obviously ( ).
A. paid off
B. taken its toll
C. make a difference
D. shown up
44. I will hold you personally ( ) if anything goes wrong in this project.
45. Our postgraduate students are fully integrated into the departmental research ( ) and, in addition, participate in the Postgraduate Education Programme.
46. There are still some ( ) for students of science and engineering, but those in arts and humanities have been filled.
47. At the first ( ) of twelve all the workers in the factory stopped for lunch.
48. Due to his recent failure to meet the deadline, Jason is ( ) from the list for promotion.
49. Now that we've got a loan from the bank, our project is financially ( ).
50. She tried to kick the pajamas loose, but they were ( ) in the satin sheet.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册