一、单选题（共 50 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. I am ________ that he has not answered my letter
2. A: I haven’t eaten all day. B: You ( ) be very hungry.
C. have to
3. His mother had to call him 3 times ____ he came downstairs
4. A detective story usually has a(n) _______ plot
5. A house in Beijing ( ) cost a lot of money.
6. A: ( ) another piece of chicken, Sally? B: No, thanks. It was delicious, but I’m really full.
A. How is
B. How about
C. Do you have
7. We worked all day, ( ) we didn't finish it.
8. It is believed that this is the only copy of the book _____
A. at existence
B. on existence
C. for existence
D. in existence
9. Her photograph ______ the description that he gave us
A. corresponds on
B. communicates with
C. corresponds with
D. corresponds to
10. We want to learn some English songs, ( ) we can sing for our foreign guests.
A. so that
11. He is fond of playing ____ piano while his brother is interested in listening to ___ music.
A. /; the
C. the; /
D. the; the
12. The workers want us ________ together with them.
C. to work
13. It took Susan a few hours to _______ a new dress at the store
A. pick out
B. pick up
C. pick at
D. pick off
14. To be honest, he is superior _____ me in the knowledge of French literature
15. Teaching a pronunciation class to a mixed group of learning can _______ a teacher with many challenging problems
16. Not only ________interested in football but________ beginning to show an interest in it.
A. the teacher himself is…all his students are
B. the teacher himself is…are all his students
C. is the teacher himself…are all his students
D. is the teacher himself…all his students are
17. Workaholic works too much and usually forgets to have meals and go to bed ._____, he doesn't have good health.
A. As a matter of fact
B. As a whole
C. As a result
D. As a rule
18. —Do you think I could borrow your dictionary? —_________.
A. Yes, you may borrow
B. Yes, go on
C. Yes, help yourself
D. It doesn't matter
19. The car is beautiful____the price, they are prepared to pay for it.
20. Learning how to repair computers takes a long time, ______?
A. isn't it
B. aren't they
C. doesn't it
D. don't they
21. Your daughter doesn't ( ) you at all.
A. look after
B. take like
C. take after
22. A: Have you ever seen the film The Day After Tomorrow? B: ( ).
A. No, I haven't
B. No, I don't
C. No, I didn't
23. They provide good material for ____the reading skills.
24. Ronny looked at Mr. Das to see how he could __________the difficulty and work out the puzzle
25. This red bicycle is ( ) and that blue one is ( ).
A. his, Tom
B. his, Tom's
C. his, Toms
26. —I would never come to the restaurant again. The food is terrible!—________.
A. Nor am I
B. Neither would I
C. Same with me
D. So do I
27. Frank, ( ) is interested in computer games, came here yesterday.
28. ( ) you send this letter for me tomorrow morning, please?
29. I am afraid I have to __________ you with a great many questions
30. You have ( ) time to catch your train.
A. plenty of
31. I don't like coloured clothes. I like white( ).
32. He went on with his work ( ) the difficulties.
A. in spite of
C. out of spite
33. I look up that as an _______ necessity
34. It is impossible to ___ the man among so many people
A. figure out
B. point out
35. —Excuse me, but can you tell me the way to the airport? —_______.
A. Don't ask that
B. Sorry, I'm a stranger here
C. No, I can't say that
D. No, you're driving too fast
36. Take the telescope with you ____you should need it in your expedition.
A. in case of
B. in case
37. On her way to the office, she ( ) to buy a newspaper.
A. has stopped
C. is stopping
38. You have to ______ the TV set _____ to find out what is wrong with it
A. put, away
B. cut, into pieces
C. take, apart
D. work, out
39. Smoking is bad for your health. You'd better _______.
A. give up it
B. give it up
C. take out it
D. take it out
40. Roses are quite _______ flowers in English gardens
41. That’s a ( ) excellent idea.
42. He _______ a wonderful story to explain his absence
A. made out
B. made up
C. made for
D. made up for
43. ( ) a glass of coffee.
A. I'd rather have
B. I have
C. I prefer to
44. He ( ) a lot of money since he ( ) his own restaurant business.
A. made, has started
B. has made, started
C. have made, started
45. You can see McDonald's almost ( ) in the world.
46. A: Have you ever seen the film The Day After Tomorrow? B: ( ).
A. No, I haven't
B. No, I don't
C. No, I didn't
47. When John was sick, he couldn't ________ his homework
A. find out
B. work up
C. look over
D. concentrate on
48. Because of the illness, she ( ) in bed for a few months.
A. was keeping
C. was kept
49. You’d better stop ( ). We’re listening to the news.
A. to talk
50. The meeting _______ next week is sure to be a great success.
A. to take place
B. to be taken place
C. to have taken place
D. being taken place
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册