奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 2013|回复: 8

福建师范大学16年3月课程考试《高级英语阅读(一)》作业考核试题

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-2-6 21:40:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
福建师范大学网络与继续教育学院
+ b6 y7 e- X) c# n 《高级英语阅读一》  (开卷)
) Y9 G4 b$ ]* ?  $ R2 U- G3 G' G2 n9 V
姓名:        
9 a* g$ ], w  G专业:
1 ^+ B3 V$ V+ C# \/ n5 Z# |% h学号:          6 y  l+ k) n9 i! I4 K
学习中心:  r  l6 h9 ^0 c* ~7 {
" ]  k' X1 S3 }
) m) D& o# F1 r

4 Z/ N0 S7 t$ Y' V- N7 II. Reading comprehension 40%
( K' r6 g* I( J! r5 P5 Z* YPassage 1; |8 [( `, e1 `6 D
While still in its early stages, welfare reform has already been judged a great success in many states—at least in getting people off welfare.  It’s estimated that more than 2 million people have left the rolls since 1994.' E3 Q; U: G2 W. J: D+ P( E2 G9 ~( Q
        In the past four years, welfare rolls in Athens County have been cut in half.  But 70 percent of the people who left in the past two years took jobs that paid less than $6 an hour.  The result: The Athens County poverty rate still remains at more than 30 percent—twice the national average.
7 c& W( D% s3 P* {0 O) x( o        For advocates for the poor, that’s an indication much more needs to be done.% w5 G7 g$ y9 w" o( @1 V
        “More people are getting jobs, but it’s not making their lives any better,” says Kathy Lairn, a policy analyst at the center on Budget and Policy Priorities in Washington.
& G4 |2 B, N+ m3 {, n( _) C        A center analysis of US Census data nationwide found that between 1995 and 1996, a greater percentage of single, female-headed households were earning money on their own, but that average income for these households actually went down.$ \, o  L4 f% i% E5 r2 b( y5 a
        But for many, the fact that poor people are able to support themselves almost as well without government aid as they did with it is in itself a budget victory.1 F" I7 l5 E! ?& a- s0 X
        “Welfare was a poison.  It was a toxin that was poisoning the family,” says Robert Rector, a welfare-reform policy analyst.  “The reform is changing the moral climate in low-income communities.  It’s beginning to rebuild the work ethic, which is much more important.”
1 e) {1 E/ W# }* ^9 z3 {4 o7 p        Mr. Rector and others argued that once “the habit of dependency is cracked,” then the country can make other policy changes aimed at improving living standards., r2 U. J( C) h. Y
1.        From the passage, it can be seen that the author ______.
& e; Q  j" E" ia.        believes the reform has reduced the government’s burden
" H9 q7 r9 I8 u( K4 q8 f& n3 n! Tb.        insists that welfare reform is doing little good for the poor/ n' b) H6 F% H
c.        is overenthusiastic about the success of welfare reform
  F" K/ W7 O0 _9 l7 |  m4 z" Sd.        considers welfare reform to be fundamentally successful
3 n; o* R+ k) P1 P  m/ Q* c1 U. d2.        Why aren’t people enjoying better lives when they have jobs?
- l0 H* i5 O7 Ja.        Because many families are divorced.0 v0 E5 X6 b: j6 {2 j
b.        Because government aid is now rare.  L+ e) v7 e+ A4 ^5 y8 O# r5 q
c.        Because their wages are low.
; a. ?, n" ^8 ~0 r& n5 Hd.        Because the cost of living is rising.. p/ m; I+ Q; \' T: V+ _
3.        What is worth noting from the example of Athens County is that ______.
) i9 F6 C, a4 \& U  X% oa.        greater efforts should be made to improve people’s living standards4 L5 i6 e5 N3 u0 ^
b.        70 percent of the people there have been employed for two years$ u, N/ j0 ^& [8 ?/ Q! y: c8 f( {% H
c.        50 percent of the population no longer relies on welfare! Y" U: e; Z, E9 q3 I
d.        the living standards of most people are going down& [* e; g& [& p& L: N
4.        From the passage we know that welfare reform aims at _______.) w- L9 `( f5 h9 h  p
a. saving welfare funds                b. rebuilding the work ethic
& u) H8 h4 Q/ S  s+ j. R& Hc. providing more jobs                d. cutting government expenses
2 W3 N8 A+ F- `  k/ p2 j" B5.        According to the passage, before the welfare reform was carried out, ______.
) N& x7 d1 }: j6 B9 S5 f% _a.        the poverty rate was lower% O3 Q$ L0 N2 d9 t- g
b.        average living standards were higher
2 P, M1 m2 J1 f& qc.        the average worker was paid higher wages
# x. r: Q: B+ o" ], p; ~d.        the poor used to rely on government aid$ n* E, R$ @- ]: i# }" U3 W. Q
Passage 24 H6 e, [) K8 c
The way people hold to the belief that a fun-filled, painfree life equals happiness actually reduces their chances of ever attaining real happiness.  If fun and pleasure are equal to happiness, then pain must be equal to unhappiness.  But, in fact, the opposite is true: more often than not, things that lead to happiness involve some pain.
! Y. |6 L( X8 p  w+ w- x        As a result, many people avoid the very attempts that are the source of true happiness.  They fear the pain inevitably brought by such things as marriage, raising children, professional achievement, religious commitment, self-improvement.
5 p8 C3 z( `! p4 V8 _1 P4 }        Ask a bachelor why he resists marriage even though he finds dating to be less and less satisfying.  If he is honest he will tell you that he is afraid of making a commitment, for commitment is in fact quite painful. The single life is filled with fun, adventure, excitement.  Marriage has such moments, but they are not its most distinguishing features.! O8 Y3 f; y. E$ i' p' E
        Couples with infant children are lucky to get a whole night’s sleep or a three-day vacation.  I don’t know any parent who would choose the word fun to describe raising children. But couples who decide not to have children never know the joys of watching a child grow up or of playing with a grandchild.- z7 V/ a4 t& s+ F& k0 q( V
        Understanding and accepting that true happiness has nothing to do with fun is one of the most liberating realizations.  It liberates time: now we can devote more hours to activities that can genuinely increase our happiness.  It liberates money: buying that new car or those fancy clothes that will do nothing to increase our happiness now seems pointless.  And it liberates us from envy: we now understand that all those who are always having so much fun actually may not be happy at all.4 j1 l- C  S5 L8 `
6. According to the author, a bachelor resists marriage chiefly because ______.7 S6 o* H' o+ n+ d
a.        he believes that life will be more cheerful if he remains single5 i$ D( g  {7 C- _5 {3 q
b.        he is reluctant to take on family responsibilities$ v/ X: A, E1 J$ P0 K! B+ l: U
c.        he finds more fun in dating than in marriage
! b6 w( F# g- n  H* P  }. Qd.        he fears it will put an end to all his fun, adventure and excitement
. g" |! x, t+ h8 |7. Raising children, in the author’s opinion, is ______.
* [( g# s% q3 K* j2 ga. a moral duty                                        b. a thankless job
' S  Q/ f: _5 d; n9 Uc. a source of inevitable pain                d. a rewarding task4 a, I8 d& ^! D9 N4 U3 `' Q: m! D
8. From the last paragraph, we learn that envy sometimes stems from _______.! l# o7 G* L5 n; p+ g" e& u
a. misunderstanding                                        b. hatred% d* K+ d& H5 ]1 O9 X
c. prejudice                                                d. ignorance" Z7 h0 j. _% M$ J9 H9 h4 G9 P
9. To understand what true happiness is one must ______.
# T/ U/ G0 q5 c9 l8 \7 a: Ca.        have as much fun as possible during one’s lifetime
# }! {9 i( x' s4 A( Kb.        make every effort to liberate oneself from pain
; o- v! k3 W6 L$ I+ Y1 X# L2 yc.        be able to distinguish happiness from fun% g: q  z' D5 k' k9 i  O
d.        put up with pain under all circumstances
. M1 W: w, A* P10. What is the author trying to tell us?
: _7 n( z: r: X% H7 H; N* d* d9 ?a.        One must know how to attain happiness.
5 D4 f1 z8 T$ sb.        Happiness often goes hand in hand with pain.6 Y% w( ]: v, ~* D  K2 r0 m
c.        It is important to make commitments.
2 W3 e) t# [7 o8 \3 o3 K$ h# td.        It is pain that leads to happiness.8 K; p3 n8 w" u5 a: k
Passage 38 W7 u0 N4 O0 U9 c6 [
Many a young person tells me he wants to be a writer.  I always encourage such people, but also explain that there’s a big difference between “being a writer” and writing.  In most cases these individuals are dreaming of wealth and fame, not the long hours alone at a typewriter.  “You’ve got to want to write,” I say to them, “not want to be a writer.”$ _7 i7 ^6 E' K' B
        The reality is that writing is a lonely, private and poor-paying affair.  For every writer kissed by fortune there are thousands more whose longing is never rewarded.  When I left a 20-year career in the U.S. Coast Guard to become a freelance writer, I had no prospects at all.  What I did have was a friend who found me my room in a New York apartment building.  It didn’t even matter that it was cold and had no bathroom.  I immediately bought a used manual typewriter and felt like a genuine writer.! x0 @4 A& {8 p$ z& J! g1 n
        After a year or so, however, I still hadn’t gotten a break and began to doubt myself.  It was so hard to sell a story that barely made enough to eat.  But I knew I wanted to write.  I had dreamed about it for years.  I wasn’t going to be one of those people who die wondering, What if? I would keep putting my dream to the test—even though it meant living with uncertainty and fear of failure.  This is the Shadow land of hope, and anyone with a dream must learn to live there.
  y: l  e7 P' M8 @* ]$ {11. The passage is meant to ______./ V+ U; t& C) ?8 V) _
a.        warn young people of the hardships that a successful writer has to experience
7 ^3 C+ s, O8 |b.        advise young people to give up their idea of becoming a professional writer
3 G. T# o! K% R$ }$ ec.        show young people it’s unrealistic for a writer to pursue wealth and fame0 K- d+ _% N. a5 t8 v4 U
d.        encourage young people to pursue a writing career
! S+ N3 {) @+ R! o7 I! f12. What can be concluded from the passage?, A9 m9 o* F! c, X' o1 o: y
a.        Genuine writers often find their work interesting and rewarding.9 l0 m4 d+ Q: m5 P8 u- W; w
b.        A writer’s success depends on luck rather than on effort.9 T$ t+ Y4 Q- i' W- W2 X5 t
c.        Famous writers usually live in poverty and isolation.3 }: _  z& K. @# A! j0 d! P
d.        The chances for a writer to become successful are small.
2 }! R! g: ?  H$ |! k! O13. Why did the author begin to doubt himself after the first year of his writing career?
. i+ M. r' [) d2 b8 ]a.        He wasn’t able to produce a single book.
: h6 `; O7 y* k( mb.        He hadn’t seen a change for the better.
9 k* {2 _3 V. X+ J3 h& lc.        He wasn’t able to have a rest for a whole year.6 X5 |7 k+ F) a& C
d.        He found his dream would never come true.# S. B& V) a4 ^6 S9 [  _
14. “… people who die wondering, what if?” (Lines 4, Para. 3) refers to “those ______”.
) _' g3 A! v1 s2 ba.        who think too much of the dark side of life: Y3 Z/ b2 }" C9 X8 Y$ q
b.        who regret giving up their career halfway5 Y& T& p; l  Y; D
c.        who think a lot without making a decision' g% C+ E" }& q! j# Y
d.        who are full of imagination even upon death$ j2 a; q& f+ R0 B
15. “Shadow land” in the last sentence refers to ______.# `4 z6 W; g# @: \
a.        the wonderland one often dreams about1 k: L$ K" c! @" S7 a9 y. G
b.        the bright future that one is looking forward to6 f& s+ j1 X  g( H; ^* g
c.        the state of uncertainty before one’s final goal is reached' A$ V1 O0 y- t0 A
d.        a world that exists only in one’s imagination
: z$ m7 ]4 ~$ K9 [- g; {7 MPassage 4
0 Z% U2 J- |3 r" ?1 W" OBritain almost more than any other country in the world must seriously face the problem of building upwards, that is to say of accommodating a considerable proportion of its population in high blocks of flats. It is said that the Englishman objects to this type of existence, but if the case is such, he does in fact differ from the inhabitants of most countries of the world today.  In the past our own blocks of flats have been associated with the lower-income groups and they have lacked the obvious provisions, such as central heating, constant hot water supply, electrically operated lifts from top to bottom, and so on, as well as such details, important notwithstanding, as easy facilities for disposal of dust and rubbish and storage places for baby carriages on the ground floor, playgrounds for children on the top of the buildings, and drying grounds for washing.  It is likely that the dispute regarding flats versus individual houses will continue to rage on for a long time as far as Britain is concerned.  And it is unfortunate that there should be hot feeling on both sides whenever this subject is raised.  Those who oppose the building of flats base their case primarily on the assumption that everyone prefers an individual home and garden and on the high cost per unit of accommodation.  The latter ignores the higher cost of providing full services to a scattered community and the cost in both money and time of the journeys to work for the suburban resident.% c0 z3 N' t: K7 _
16. We can infer from the passage that ______.. E* o: d& O' Z' n: |' Q; U
a.        English people, like most people in other countries, dislike living in flats . I4 `6 v' x+ c, l. E1 W1 @
b.        people in most countries of the world today are not opposed to living in flats.
7 P4 d* G# Q1 ?% n9 Oc.        people in Britain are forced to move into high blocks of flats  h6 o" K) @, e$ Z, w
d.        modern flats still fail to provide the necessary facilities for living( |) ]; [4 I9 c, A0 M
17. What is said about blocks of flats built in the past in Britain?
1 v& P- I3 o/ L1 v0 ]1 Za.        They were mostly inhabited by people who did not earn much.* B: D7 S- m# k4 N- e* t1 x
b.        They were usually not large enough to accommodate big families.; H/ J  Z) w2 E' ]1 Z" Q) _$ d; s
c.        They were sold to people before necessary facilities were installed.
" Z! b! y+ O: ^, ]! R- x* Hd.        They provided playgrounds for children on the top of the buildings.
% @. D5 y6 T& G18. The word “rage” (in the fourth sentence) means “_______”.8 J3 x0 y5 _' V; d/ z
a. be ignored                                                b. develop with great force
. U7 L* n( t  f' ?. yc. encourage people greatly                        d. be in fashion
8 N, b) T0 V& r; C" z19. Some people oppose the building of flats because ______.
: S* x8 v: j, qa.        the living expenses for each individual family are higher
! ^7 b1 Z6 e  C+ Db.        it involves higher cost compared with the building of houses
1 ]% m6 ^" U) y, l( [5 {+ Zc.        they believe people like to live in houses with gardens
4 a) u, R2 Z: A) O. zd.        the disposal of rubbish remains a problem for those living in flats
+ D5 d# Z+ ?; z# s20. The author mentions that people who live in suburban houses ______.+ T- f, q; w* p& F' W' }& F
a.        do not have access to easy facilities because they live away from the city/ }6 f* K4 q) D
b.        have to pay a lot of money to employ people to do service work
3 O& C$ N: m9 ~, c! Rc.        take longer time to know each other because they are a scattered community
% p: k  l* l' ~" C# ]4 _- Cd.        have to spend more money and time travelling to work every day. d! z4 j) e  T- f& {
II. Voc 30%3 R! _# D$ W* I: O/ Z
1. He has an____ manner, although he comes from a middle–class family background and has received his education at Oxford.
) E3 _) z- g0 Y/ e' |A. abundant       B. active           C. abrupt           D. agreeable
% y3 \. Y# K  ]/ Q* L2. He was only a         ruler of the country; the real one was his mother, who actually handled the state’s affairs and possessed the power of making decisions.$ `" M0 l' ^6 |% \
A. notorious        B. notable        C. nominal        D. obscure  }$ l' @" ?+ f4 ]# j# a. ?
3.  It is strange that although his own ideas are quite    , at the same time he does not oppose those avant — garde(前卫的)ones.
7 v7 l+ L* j2 `% ~) o+ AA. orthodox                      B. paradoxical      H9 [& i! j4 J9 n( T( s" r
C. authoritative                 D. predominant
1 V9 |# d. }6 K1 A3 _/ }' I4. The focus of the conference was on ways to          the demand for dangerous drugs and on methods of destroying or at least interrupting the distribution process.
3 F6 z8 c) Q+ ~% o+ j  a    A. encourage         B .curb        6 |, ]* E: o" z; ^4 S8 q% T
C .stabilize        D .create
# |) X+ T: B& U0 I5. When the actor appeared on the stage again, shouts and cheers           from the crowd and continued for about five minutes.* m, O( H) `% k* {# o! {" d5 d
A. broke in     B. broke off     C. broke up     D. broke forth
; E4 _4 r' m$ d/ u" g6 Y  @6. Nowadays when one buys a TV set, he is usually given a one-year or two –year     .; i+ o' Y+ p" z  M4 o# s
      A. reservation       B .security     C .proof      D .guarantee
) j1 {! E. o: I2 K7. By exchanging             for greater market access for traded goods among them, countries often achieve less domestic resistance to trade liberalization.
! M' t9 B5 T& z1 T) T2 r( c! gA. recessions              B .concessions+ I% Q& |) z) [) J: o2 r4 |: h
C. processions            D. sessions- Z" c# C+ Q' R% _  S) x+ C3 @  F
8. In this dangerous situation, the pilot remained very calm and man-aged to            _____down to a safe landing.
0 t2 U  `! L: c4 ^, m4 v+ F  F2 @    A. glide     B. graze       C. glitter       D. grope
! v3 @- i- y1 h9 }9 ]9. At six o’ clock next morning there will be a           report on the football match between China and the United States; don’t miss it.
  {# v- x4 V4 q: H    A. life      B. alive      C. living      D. live; I$ m! z9 u, o' P, ^- }! Q
10. I don’t think you can persuade him; he is always very stubborn, and           to his own principles.
/ T& u7 J' d; M6 U     A. adapts      B. adheres      C. devotes      D. dedicates
0 y. K2 K, m& G( [. t& X11. Standing at the top of the mountain, we watched the fog ___from the valley below; it seemed that we had entered a fairyland.! ]8 D# }$ N$ e( h2 c/ X! U
A. descend       B. ascend      C. increase      D. decrease
3 D. d" e" `9 h7 G' V* O6 L12. If a student fails the college English test, he should not be depressed, but should study more ___.
, W, c! k% k+ |8 UA. industriously                 B. indulgently  % O3 K" s! l# [! \7 u9 h8 l
C. industrially                    D. individually* U, Y3 u9 N( o
13. The Bank of China is interested in how much money is in   , in the economy.% p# K0 C3 s. @+ E$ Q' u7 ]! K  j
A. circle     B. expense     C. circulation       D. rotation: Y4 R: F+ @3 [
14. To my disappointment, I found that there wasn’t a good school in the      , so I had to send my daughter to a school far away from my home.
! G5 F$ t, S, H* a$ zA. environment     B. vicinity    C. nearby     D. locality
1 w; F% ?" U! I  C5 [: a/ E) n5 T6 L5 w
$ b* p  H0 l+ v
15. On my present salary, I just cannot ___ a car which costs more than $ 5000, but I really want to buy one, so I am thinking of looking for a new job of a higher salary.3 h8 _8 [4 H( j1 I+ M
     A. allow       B. adopt      C. select      D. afford. W# C- x9 ^, h5 ^5 e, w/ U  w
16. There is a ____of raw material for plastic products, whereas the demand for it is rising. As a result, the prices are going up sharply.
4 v9 N3 p" f9 X) _; c' {A. scarcity        B. demand       C. surplus       D. brevity
6 N4 W& A$ N( u7 n1 i17. It was the last day of this semester. As soon as the English examination was over, all my students went their ___ways.4 G6 H" C3 G9 F# }2 w2 q) E
    A. homely     B. perspective     C. respective     D. opposed% b: x" u& n; s
19. According to the rules of the game, the contestant at the front of the line must turn quickly and race towards the              .
" j4 X% F0 Y, x  h) _    A. front        B. rear       C. background          D. foreground/ a7 L' _: I* l8 N0 E
19. The tobacco plant was first            in North America and was introduced to Europe by Spanish and Portuguese explorers./ c$ b6 q' p0 h4 ?  e# J
    A. cultivated      B. educated      C. trained        D. instructed" I1 |1 ~5 |# N
20. It is also possible that those who go to school for only a few years may be ____ and even learn a great deal by themselves.* N& h6 g4 j0 t2 J( H! |  Z* t
    A. intellect    B. intelligent    C. intelligence    D. intelligible
& M2 R7 m% O  {% B& TIII. Translate the following sentences: (30)   
! \* e* C9 U; _. n% X3 k- p1. Furthermore, mankind has dominion over the Earth, but mankind’s unsteady, serpentine path toward finer sentiments can be measured, in part, by evolving standards of what constitutes civilized dominion over lower animals., `! m* Y' i3 l

& e2 u1 W, P3 @; }- ~! U! ~- b+ l: J+ t7 C7 M4 _& L& y

) O: h6 G) i5 K8 m5 T( F/ E5 N
& _/ q! D$ K$ {
( Y" O+ V5 O- {, ]! P( @) D2 h3 B' E* L
4 ~  w* o* v8 Z- x4 \

8 I3 Y% ?+ U. D& e$ F7 T
" o5 v2 u, B: s5 w1 U, L. n8 I7 @8 [: W. Z' i7 Z
2. The American people are as devoted to the idea of sin and its punishment as they are to making money - and fighting drugs is nearly as big a business as pushing them. Since the combination of sin and money is irresistible (particularly to the professional politician), the situation will only grow worse.
6 n) u7 s9 ?: [3 a4 R2 t6 i
! b5 m* @8 ?7 w9 Y5 ]
' T( k, s& ^  j3 Y; Z3 A+ o4 i7 b! q2 C) ^# R

* I. c7 \3 C4 n& S" I4 K( B1 k* S8 B* E+ G/ n/ z6 O0 g/ N/ ~6 a* m( ], y& s
3 f3 B6 [& M6 ~+ |. ]
3. The deterioration of the environment both physically and aesthetically, is most apparent in our cities. The dehumanizing effects of life in the slums and ghettoes-particularly, where there is little hope for improving conditions have often been cited as contributing causes of urban rioting and disturbances. Crime rates usually reach their zenith in these neighborhoods. Such symptoms of general psychological maladjustment suggest that modem cities provide a less than ideal environment for human beings.

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?会员注册

奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
发表于 2016-2-6 21:50:44 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-9 08:32:03 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-17 11:49:19 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-23 16:25:42 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-28 08:19:12 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

tlkey 该用户已被删除
发表于 2016-2-29 11:12:02 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-3-6 15:14:14 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-3-7 21:23:03 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 03:02 , Processed in 0.136623 second(s), 24 queries .