奥鹏作业答案-谋学网-专业的奥鹏在线作业答案辅导网【官网】

找回密码
 会员注册

微信登录,扫一扫

手机号码,快捷登录

VIP会员,3年作业免费下 !奥鹏作业,奥鹏毕业论文检测新手作业下载教程,充值问题没有找到答案,请在此处留言!
2022年5月最新全国统考资料投诉建议,加盟合作!点击这里给我发消息 点击这里给我发消息
奥鹏课程积分软件(2021年最新)
查看: 1621|回复: 2

西南大学1806课程考试[0085]《英语阅读二》机考资料(资料)

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-5-28 19:51:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
谋学网
请将选择1-30的资料填在试卷末尾的表格里。将谋学网(www.mouxue.com)的资料填在试题的横线处。! A4 k  z( F" M

4 E2 r2 C  T! G: aI.        Cloze (10*2=20 points)
. g5 S5 p1 G; u4 @4 X: D5 E% AThere are some blanks in the passage. For each there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Please decide on the best answer to complete it. And write down the letters.6 W0 |" f  o1 q1 |; D, Y
- B9 P5 k% Z) i+ P/ H! B' K1 f' Y. i
What do you think of stress? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?
' k3 b* R; b5 B5 W8 UMost of the students think stress can do harm  1   them in some ways. There’s a story about a teenager in a middle school. He even   2   his study because of the stress from school and family. We also usually   3   that someone turns to psychological doctors because of heavy working stress. There is no doubt that some people think stress is a dangerous wolf.: ?+ N7 X- @4 u3 ?% r* Y
On the other hand, other people argue that stress is not a bad thing. They   4   stress can produce momentum(动力) in the end. For them, right attitude and action can reduce stress and make it  5  . When I was a child, my mom always pushed me to study hard. She wished I could go to an ideal   6   for further education. I experienced stress for the first time. Born to a poor family, I deeply knew   7   was not easy for us, and everything my mom did to me was just to hope I could live a better life in the future.   8  the saying goes, “no pains, no gains.” So I did what my mom expected because I didn’t want to let her down. At last, I did measure up (达到标准)to my mom’s expectation and go to college   9  . Thanks to my mom’s push! Thanks to the stress! In this way, I don’t think stress is a bad thing.+ A5 t$ k3 v9 `9 W, P" u$ D" A
        Overall, stress is not a bad thing in   10  . The key is how we deal with it.
7 |$ B4 \7 r9 ]% W0 J8 B(   ) 1. A. for                        B. in                               C. to                       D. of9 H& W% s" w! K6 A/ f. Y! i: O
(   ) 2. A. began with              B. showed off                    C. gave up              D. cheered for
  I9 P( M! O7 Y5 a/ M(   ) 3. A. wonder               B. decide                             C. promise              D. hear
; c7 \4 {4 _2 U( h(   ) 4. A. doubt                       B. believe                      C. disagree              D. forget$ H; @/ l/ k! V- m3 `2 i
(   ) 5. A. useful               B. difficult              C. strange              D. terrible& {. M4 f: R( ~1 c- A
(   ) 6. A. company              B. college              C. factory                      D. farm
; D& |0 C& _5 S(   ) 7. A. life                       B. spirit                       C. opinion              D. silence
6 m3 Z& K* ]6 ?. I5 B4 w5 @9 x. a(   ) 8. A. Then                       B. But                       C. As                       D. Or7 H1 l2 n3 q$ p6 H4 R% q2 J
(   ) 9. A. quietly               B. wildly                      C. specially              D. successfully# X5 m1 s2 x: ^& j2 T0 A: c
(   ) 10. A. himself              B. myself                      C. itself                       D. herself
7 H  {! d/ c( {. r' B: j5 F2 j; U% x6 Q, b
II.        Reading Comprehension (20*1.5=30 points)
( N1 q6 h1 }& {+ T$ UThe reading passage is followed by 5 questions or unfinished statements. For each of the questions there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Please decide on the best answer.
" t: M+ n& Q5 {6 f, {. ?) S: `3 b5 p! U5 b& |
Text A
1 _3 e# H9 b) r2 t3 ]% j/ SDid you know that all human beings have a “comfort zone” regulating the distance they stand from someone when they talk? This distance varies in interesting ways among people of different cultures.
7 k" U4 g0 h+ T7 i% _??         Greeks, others of the Eastern Mediterranean, and many of those from South America normally stand quite close together when they talk, often moving their faces even closer as they warm up in a conversation. North Americans find this awkward and often back away a few inches. Studies have found that they tend to feel most comfortable at about 21 inches apart. In much of Asia and Africa, there’s even more space between two speakers in conversation. This greater space subtly lends an air of dignity and respect. This matter of space is nearly always unconscious, but it is interesting to observe.
/ {( C( n- f6 a. }0 e& t??         This difference applies also to the closeness with which people sit together, the extent to which they lean over one another in conversation, how they move as they argue or make an emphatic point. In the United States, for example, people try to keep their bodies apart even in a crowded elevator; in Paris they take it as it comes!
4 h9 f& w" I2 _1 b??         Although North Americans have a relatively wide “comfort zone” for talking, they communicate a great deal with their hands — not only with gesture but also with touch. They put a sympathetic hand on a person’s shoulder to demonstrate warmth of feeling or an arm around him in sympathy; they nudge a man in the ribs to emphasize a funny story; they pat an arm in reassurance or stroke a child’s head in affection; they readily take someone’s arm to help him across a street or direct him along an unfamiliar route. To many people — especially those from Asia or the Moslem countries — such bodily contact is unwelcome, especially if inadvertently(无心地) done with the left hand. (The left hand carries no special significance in the U.S. Many Americans are simply left handed and use that hand more.)?
3 t: O2 C1 W" A) q11.        In terms of bodily distance, North Americans??????????????????????????.
9 u$ `" V* \' t+ w$ w$ i) p2 E- lA. are similar to South Americans???????????????         B. stand farthest apart
( ?# }. r  X0 T/ g' e) Z% g1 M8 YC. move nearer during conversations????????????????? D. feel ill at ease when too close
8 D, U$ i1 E3 e& ^: C. ?. _, C12.??For Asians, the comfort zone????????????????????????????.3 y, g1 V% b0 {8 o9 H9 a, G
A. is deliberately determined??????? ????????                 B. measures 21 inches
8 [0 }& P1 H" JC. implies esteem???????????????? ???                                         D. varies according to status
6 g  M) S( m# S) p$ p! P9 A. @13.        It can be inferred from the passage that in a crowded elevator, a Frenchman??????????????????.5 {. n6 c! @, e1 r( D( J+ b
A. would behave in the same way as an American would" |7 T( w/ u: v
B. would make no particular effort to distance himself; h3 g  _  @+ t( X
C. would be afraid of bodily contact$ y! J! p7 Q5 j! s
D. would do his best to leave
# U, x- Z$ r. I14.        When Americans tell a joke, they often?????????????????????????????.
. Q& l7 L% N8 I- y6 t8 X/ EA. dig people in the ribs?????????? ??                                         B. give people a hug
, f# w+ G: g7 PC. pat people on the head??????????? ?????                                 D. touch people on the arm
: o7 D- k0 h% m4 W15.        The passage mainly concerns????????????????????????????.. Z& k& w, Z; S" U+ T7 |: q
A. distance and bodily contact
3 P, p/ r( [3 Z6 h5 j/ WB. body language
: T$ a$ u' @$ MC. cultural differences between the East and the West
" ~5 p5 Q7 F% a" a, U, J5 UD. hand signals  l8 u8 C) I% y9 E

' m% |, w, b" ^4 PText B ?
/ ]6 p5 z& u( J8 ~& W/ P& o5 s" W( O) bHow men first learned to invent words is unknown; in other words, the origin of language is a mystery. All we really know is that men unlike animals, somehow invented certain sounds to express thoughts and feelings, actions and things, so that they could communicate with each other; and that later they agreed upon certain signs, called letters, which could be combined to represent those sounds and which could be written down. Those sounds, whether spoken, or written in letters, we call words.
# r7 A. t7 _  yThe power of words, then, lies in their association (关联)-- the things they bring up before our minds. Words become filled with meaning for us by experience; and the longer we live, the more certain words recall to us the glad and sad events of our past; and the more we read and learn, the more the number of words that mean something to us increases.
! u$ {5 X+ D# Y9 ]" U7 j# g0 h4 IGreat writers are those who not only have great thoughts but also express these thoughts in words which appeal powerfully to our minds and emotions. This charming and telling use of words is what we call literary (文学 ) style. Above all, the real poet is a master of words. He can convey his meaning in words which sing like music, and which by their position and association can move men to tears. We should, therefore, learn to choose our words carefully and use them accurately, or they will make our speech silly and vulgar.
" v: J" L, O6 N$ C  W: q16.        The origin of language is ________.: l# v! H5 y$ t4 }* T# y3 u
A. a legend handed down from the past??????????????????????B. a matter that is hidden or secret9 P0 o8 n0 k. r2 W$ w! s$ k
C. a question difficult to answer??????????????????????????????????D. a problem not yet solved, o9 N1 Z+ J( j/ i! A. t  E
17.?        One of the reasons why men invented certain sounds to express thoughts and actions was         that ___________.( h  ^, |; P5 j1 U6 c5 o7 M
A. they could agree upon certain sings???????????????????????B. they could write them down* ^: @* Z  [* }6 P5 J4 h
C. they could communicate with each other???????????????D. they could combine them
7 Q  I+ A( ]! }: ^  O18.        What is true about words?4 A+ O. f+ L" S) S" ?9 ~$ e
A. They can not be written down.?????????????????? ???????         B. They can be written down.
0 N" `$ p9 S# O- I8 O1 a; AC. They are simply sounds.???????????????????????????? ???????         D. They are mysterious." y! Y$ ?' E. V! A
19.        The real power of words exists in their ___________.
& v2 e- K+ D( J4 U3 GA. properties??????????? ???????                                                 B. characteristics??????
$ T/ ?7 A3 V& MC. peculiarity????????                                                                D. representative functions
* y/ h+ t+ c& b8 {' u20.        Which of the following statements is true?
8 A- u5 j! Y9 V8 ]' X  RA. The more we read and learn, the more ignorant we are.
  @2 x8 `: Y: b$ \B. The more we read and learn, the more confused we will be.
) o% c% n. _" _% _8 L+ YC. The more we read and learn, the more learned we are.; {# h7 j+ }0 j8 N
D. The more we read and learn, the more snobbish we become
9 H( w: T& k3 ^) S4 N- {3 o5 _& f& Z' y* e4 P, b9 N
Text C
- |+ B1 ]7 L# @5 T' Z4 v9 I4 i/ VThe greatest recent social changes have taken place in the lives of women. During the twentieth century there has been a remarkable shortening of the proportion of a woman’s life spent in caring for children. Women marrying at the end of the nineteenth century would probably have been in her middle twenties, and would be likely to have seven or eight children, of whom four or five lived till they were five years old. By the time the youngest was fifteen, the mother would have been in her early fifties and would expect to live a further twenty years, during which custom, opportunity and health made it unusual for her to get paid work. Today women marry younger and have fewer children. Usually a woman’s youngest child will be fifteen when she is forty-five and can be expected to live another thirty-five years and is likely to take paid work until retirement at sixty. Even while she has the care of children, her work is lightened by household appliances and convenience foods.
9 u' k* J* y  Z5 u4 S0 Q; B7 xThis important change in women’s life-pattern has only recently begun to have its full effect on women’s economic position. Even a few years ago most girls left school at the first opportunity, and most of them took a full-time job. However, when they married, they usually left work at once and never returned to it. Today the school-leaving age is sixteen, many girls stay at school after that age, and though women tend to marry younger, more married women stay at work at least until shortly before their first child is born. Many afterwards return to full or part time work. Such changes have led to a new relationship in marriage, with the husband accepting a greater share of the duties and satisfactions of family life, and with both husband and wife sharing more equally in providing the money, and running the home, according to the abilities and interests of each of them.7 [6 Q6 ^( p; t  H, O1 g0 u
21.        For women at the beginning of the twentieth century, the amount of time spent taking care of children??????________." a  D/ W) m; P: I
A. accounted only for a small part of their lives) a& ]3 V/ I5 z/ z. _
B. was longer than that in previous centuries
* m- z+ _+ q/ R- k1 r: u6 M8 ZC. was considered to be surprisingly long; w; J  a5 x  p! |
D. was shorter than that in previous centuries
2 Z2 h$ K/ \1 E# ~0 ?  Y5 i$ h6 C22.?        We are told that, in an average family at the end of the nineteenth century ______.8 B3 |: {; ]; _' Z6 X, L2 C: V4 }
A. many children died before they were five* L/ C# `; m, m: Z$ k) r
B. seven or eight children lived to be more than five. J& s9 R0 I: i/ i
C. the youngest child would be fifteen
% R- y2 m  U" k) ED. four or five children died when they were five) U0 O' F) j5 p) A, t/ Z  R
23.        When she was over fifty, the late nineteenth-century mother???????????????.! _. ^" Z$ _8 \8 V/ _, v( w# C7 `: b
A. would be healthy enough to take up paid employment  s8 h& V$ i6 t! {! _2 t) f" b
B. was usually expected to die fairly soon7 x* J' A3 t- V, q  u
C. would expect to work until she died4 U# j  s7 p- M, A% ^$ y' |! M% X
D. was unlikely to find a job even if she wanted one+ D- V% n3 \2 Q( p( u% k7 Y' _
24.        Many girls, the passage claims, are now likely ______.
! h6 w. U* D0 ]3 O8 QA. to give up their jobs for good after they are married
" b. q: n7 A$ F$ A; _% L: iB. to leave school as soon as they can
2 e8 G, ~3 S: |. j6 _C. not to marry so that they can get a job
3 ]# S/ F1 B/ H# LD. to continue working until they are going to have a baby" u- h" i# M$ d2 {$ ~6 z
25.??Nowadays, a husband tends to ______.
9 L* @, `! |9 Y+ f/ Z???????A. play a greater part in looking after children% R# B  s- x8 ~2 V8 d: o
???????B. help his wife by doing most of the housework
0 U5 N" w& x  z- c8 E" B& Y9 N???????C. feel dissatisfied with his role in the family
. V& Y) N* a! O! Q, e5 l, ~7 |? ?        D. take a part-time job so that he can help in the home. t4 M1 k( [2 ?  L

; A% \! L; J* M8 M5 v8 d* FText D5 {9 O+ T. k- M, |
Another common type of reasoning is the search for causes and results. We want to know whether cigarettes really do cause lung cancer, what causes malnutrition, the decay of cities, or the decay of teeth. We are equally interested in effects: what is the effect of sulphur or lead in the atmosphere, of oil spills and raw sewage in rivers and the sea, of staying up late on the night before an examination?
6 `: f3 d$ I7 q  _; G" |- P+ ^% j?Causal reasoning may go from cause to effect or from effect to cause. Either way, we reason from what we know to what we want to find out. Sometimes we reason from an effect to a cause and then on to another effect. Thus, if we reason that because the lights have gone out, the refrigerator won’t work, we first relate the effect (lights out) to the cause (power off) and then relate that cause to another effect (refrigerator not working). This kind of reasoning is called, for short, effect to effect. It is quite common to reason through an extensive chain of causal relations. When the lights go out we might reason in the following causal chain: lights out - power off - refrigerator not working - temperature will rise - milk will sour. In other words, we diagnose a succession of effects from the power failure, each becoming the cause of the next.
5 V( s  i5 l* jCauses are classified as necessary, sufficient, or contributory. A necessary cause is one which must be present for the effect to occur, as combustion is necessary to drive a gasoline engine. A sufficient cause is one which can produce an effect unaided, though there may be more than one sufficient cause: a dead battery is enough to keep a car from starting, but faulty spark plugs or an empty gas tank will have the same effect. A contributory cause is one which helps to produce an effect but cannot do so by itself, as running through a red light may help cause an accident, though other factors — pedestrians or other cars in the intersection — must also be present.- ^8 i" c* f! k) S  d9 k
In establishing or refuting a causal relation it is usually necessary to show the process by which the alleged cause produces the effect. Such an explanation is called a causal process.
5 N4 Q$ c/ M/ }4 a. t?
& J' y' H4 a' K# @9 b2 L3 W26.        What the author discussed in the previous section is most probably about ________.
" ?6 O) s3 L  b4 m: T? ??? A. relationships between causes and results????????? B. classification of reasoning8 j% {5 N: h& S9 B# ~) ]
? ??? C. some other common types of reasoning????????? D. some special type of reasoning+ u+ b% w9 {$ f9 y( x! c
27.        According to the passage, to do the “effect to effect” reasoning is to reason ________.
; o  W5 d- D3 o' F? ???        A. from cause to effect ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?8 s% P2 m) m9 t( U' y$ M9 ^: E! f0 Q
B. from effect to cause
/ d+ n! X1 y4 i6 \$ G2 v" A1 tC. from effect to effect and on to cause ? ? ? ? ?
$ N6 k- n9 X. wD. from effect to cause and on to another effect
+ y5 S6 I: ?4 d: Y28.        A necessary cause is ________., f' g9 w$ _/ n0 Z8 @* |4 M4 B
? ???        A. one without which it is impossible for the effect to occur
+ n' [) v; v# Y. X) c& g. b? ???        B. one of the causes that can produce the effect  V* [- C( e4 o4 F" u
? ???        C. one that is enough to make the effect occur7 p) b, Z7 J: z2 |$ J7 I
? ???        D. none of them
8 E" K6 e! I3 Q4 V7 F29.        Your refrigerator is not working and you have found that the electric power has been cut         off. The power failure is a ________.
7 P- D5 h/ D8 o$ }7 L. F$ V  ?, M" g? ??? A. necessary cause????????                                                         B. sufficient cause ? ? ? ?
0 z. D4 H( U% ]1 e5 xC. contributory cause????                                                         D. none of them?
7 o8 n3 U# a" X8 r30. ?This passage mainly discusses ________.
* K6 k/ h0 B: T0 N% E1 g" c) R) E? ??? A. causal reasoning ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?B. various types of reasoning6 W' R, I7 c# g" ~
????? C. classification of causes ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? D. the causal process
2 Y6 B+ g# m1 b: V( J# g$ n$ X: g! a( b" n
III.        Short-Answer Questions (5*10=50 points)
% W  K2 m5 \, v! z$ ?; E! D1 @& J- wThe following questions are based on the stories we have learned. Please answer them briefly         in English.( c* g7 S/ F( b: [0 P3 Z* i' s7 S+ @
31. In “Lady in the Dark”, what is your opinion on the lady in dark?
) |, t7 Y4 Q" X0 n: T, C/ b3 j3 g________________________________________________________________________  G. P) A7 b8 U! m& q
3 r% y- K( M1 g9 ]% p- w5 m' b
________________________________________________________________________+ ~# H. W4 Z6 I  p
32. In “How George, Once upon a Time, Got up Early in the Morning”, how did George feel         that sleepless morning?2 X5 r" ^. J+ |9 `
, u* j' u' ^, _________________________________________________________________________' P  r! q7 Z! d4 {
3 I6 @/ `# X7 t' r% ?; e3 {! t

) c' |( N4 r4 w0 D% T: b________________________________________________________________________
. v; j+ S5 M( s/ a% @9 n35. In “The Merchant of Venice (I)”, why did Antonio borrow money from Shylock?4 z* @2 _- E5 V! f! c' a9 @

/ B6 C9 L/ X- `* q# N5 J" E请将1-30的资料请填在下表中5 [# X( W* ?* X0 A, v
Fill in the table with your answers of the following questions:( w3 I. g  V& W& f+ o6 D
1-5: (2分)7 i: W+ G' q/ B* e. ~% Y
  0 z) A0 Y' j) h* f( S, @! d  H
% |4 _5 w# d& g, X' `. C' R1 n( M

" |7 D4 Q& R8 a% Z1 c9 d8 T) _! r1 X
  }; P$ ]" q& Y& u8 A: }
% V# K  e- D! V8 I- w0 F
6-10: (2分)
- ~( Z7 N. h* j# |
# f( C) G) ^& ?$ K) m
* @% R6 M7 h# u* d8 C( L3 Z
8 z$ B5 `( A( w4 C; I/ V) |+ I- ], }3 Z# q) W( M

4 y: R5 G9 ~3 p: V) W' {# I# Y0 z+ S( u7 x, w$ q( P! a" A
11-15:(1.5分)4 X; {9 R- s/ d
! v  `( C6 w8 E  B

5 K; L# P" A: \. W* a% H; h2 e- F* a: b* D$ j

. B: j3 t0 L* E: W" @8 i: a. i4 f5 T3 _

3 v+ K  e& ?3 M; S6 F/ R9 @. ]16-20:(1.5分)
7 s7 R% V5 O# Y
7 u$ F. F0 R2 G; x8 l5 x0 k' n$ a9 C+ s+ N

: }7 \; L% Q: G) U; F" H; w4 H9 T" h, \/ y9 K/ y% J2 k4 D
$ h5 ~' ?) t2 K9 l5 p, E
% w2 T$ M( P$ t4 w
21-25:(1.5分)+ X1 A8 t4 I7 N5 s! t

; j/ k; c; F* ]1 l) V$ u; L2 Z7 A7 i! {: [
6 Z) C- [) G+ c2 \( s5 \
- m% K* I3 V/ \5 m' l6 \, d7 S
$ w% v/ [# l+ V3 g5 v$ L: M
( E% v! }7 Y( v! v2 E
26-30:(1.5分)
, |) p" ~8 l8 y: G3 q! r- C
5 H6 d- W2 U7 e  i9 T4 E: r8 t& Q4 l
9 |3 R- i3 t! i( i' S$ T1 k
6 Y+ I5 A! g" R+ T$ F
( V0 E3 ~' W: ?$ [' Q
1 K/ _( P, t* y; l! j" Q% V
; U: i5 u1 G7 |8 I. `! R8 N: K

+ y9 g( R! V4 \  F: h
# Z: }0 v' t7 ~* u- k' o
% h/ m0 Q: Q) i( E

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?会员注册

奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
发表于 2018-5-28 20:08:56 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-6-6 10:02:59 | 显示全部楼层
奥鹏作业答案,奥鹏在线作业答案
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 会员注册

本版积分规则

客服一
客服二
客服三
客服四
点这里给我发消息
点这里给我发消息
谋学网奥鹏同学群2
微信客服扫一扫

QQ|关于我们|联系方式|网站特点|加入VIP|加盟合作|投诉建议|法律申明|Archiver|小黑屋|奥鹏作业答案-谋学网 ( 湘ICP备2021015247号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 11:02 , Processed in 0.091936 second(s), 16 queries .