一、单选题（共 40 道试题，共 100 分。）V 1. A number of theories have been put forward about the possible causes of cancer.|
2. I’d like to _______ her to you for the job. She is very clever and industrious girl.
3. —I think Tom works harder than Bill. —_______
A. I’m glad to hear that.
B. I’m sorry fro Bill.
C. I’m sorry, but I can’t agree with you.
D. Thank you for saying nice things for Tom.
4. _____ he was sleeping, they stole his clothes.
5. —I’m thinking of buying these new boots. What do you think? —_______
A. Don’t ask me.
B. It’s good for you.
C. I’d rather not.
D. Good choice. You need some warm shoes for the winter.
6. The city government has convinced the public that the housing problem will soon be solved.
7. _______ you see it, you will never forget it.
D. As soon as
8. —Are you doing anything special on Friday, Bill? —_______ —Oh, what a pity!
A. No, nothing special
B. Yes, I have promised to call on some friends
C. Yes, of course
D. No, I’m not sure. Why?
9. Grapes are usually either green or red.
10. We would appreciate it if you could confirm your participation at your earliest convenience.
11. —My dear! I made a mistake again. —_______
A. Be careful.
B. Don’t worry. We can do something to make up for it.
C. What a pity!
D. ou should worry about it.
12. The man I met yesterday _______ to be one of my sister’s old friends.
A. turns off
B. turns out
C. turn on
D. turn over
13. 5. The hall ______ young people watching the performance.
A. fill in
B. was filled with
C. fill with
D. was filled in
14. The high cost of labor is an important ______ in the rising price of steel.
15. —Have a nice trip. —_______
A. Why not.
B. Thank you, the same to you.
C. You are right.
D. Let’s have it together.
16. Although he’s only 16 years old, _______ he has been a college student for two years.
17. —What do you think of this red hat? Do you think it suits me? —_______. Perhaps another style would be better.
A. I like it very much
B. Sorry, I have no idea
C. I really don’t think it looks good on you
D. Yes, I know what to say
18. —I’ve got two tickets for the match. Shall we go and watch it together? —_______
A. The tickets must be expensive
B. The match must be exciting
C. Why not? Let’s go
D. The place is too far way
19. 3. Many students ______ for the job, but finally only one of them got it.
20. The teacher said, “What are you thinking about?”=The teacher asked me _______ thinking about.
A. what were you
B. what you were
C. what I was
D. what was I
21. 2. You should ______ the task within the allotted time.
22. 4. I can ______ you of the reliability of the news.
23. I’m afraid these shoes are not _______ in your size.
24. _______ we should go to the park depends on the weather.
25. Change, by its very nature, creates new needs constantly.
26. —Let me give you a hand. —__________.
A. That’s OK. I can manage
B. It’s not very light
C. I can help you with it
D. Put it down on the ground
27. 13. He didn’t go to the meeting last night and ______.
A. So did I
B. Neither did I
C. So I did
D. Neither I did.
28. —I’d like to make an appointment with Mr. White. —_______
A. Sorry, he is busy at the moment.
B. Why didn’t you call earlier?
C. Certainly. May I know your name?
D. Sorry. He doesn’t want to see you.
29. _______ is a fact that English is accepted as an international language.
A. She confessed to steal the book that Ann bought yesterday.
B. She confessed stealing the book that Ann bought yesterday.
C. She confessed already steal the book that Ann bought yesterday.
D. She confessed had steal the book that Ann bought yesterday.
31. If we ______ him earlier we might have save his life.
C. had found
D. would find
32. —Excuse me. Do you think I could change my appointment from 2 to 3 o’clock? —_______
A. Sorry, my timetable is full.
B. No, you can’t.
C. It’s not right to do so.#It’s up to you.
33. —who is that man? —_______
A. He is a student
B. He is Doctor Took
C. A driver, I suppose
D. He’s drunk
34. —Can you speak any foreign languages? —_______
A. Yes, I can speak any foreign languages
B. I don’t know
C. Yes, I can speak English very well and a little Japanese
D. I often speak English at home
35. Yesterday the teacher told the students, “You will learn two lessons this week.”=Yesterday the teacher told the students that _______.
A. you will learn two lessons this week
B. they would learn two lessons this week
C. they will learn two lessons this week
D. you would learn two lessons this week
36. The sun heats the earth, _______ is very important to living things.
37. Can you find out _______ her pen?
A. where Alice had put
B. where had Alice put
C. where Alice has put
D. where has Alice put
38. 7. Li Hong speaks good English, which will be an ______ for her in hunting job.
39. Nowhere else _____ this kind of products.
A. can you buy
B. can buy you
C. you can buy
D. you will buy
40. —How much does a radio like this cost? —__________.
A. I’d like to buy it
B. it’s of very good quality
C. About eighty-five dollars
D. It depends on how you like it
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册