一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）
1. A lot of ants are always invading my kitchen. They are a thorough ___________.
2. Sometimes children have trouble ________ fact from fiction and may believe that such things actually exist.
A. to separate
C. for separating
D. of separating
3. We take our skin for granted until it is burned _____________ repair.
4. Bob went to the post office to send a letter. ____ Lily was preparing lunch at home.
5. _______ in a recent science competition, the three students were awarded scholarships totaling $21,000.
A. Judged the best
B. Judging the best
C. To be judged the best
D. Having judged the best
6. Everything we eat and drink contains some salt; we can meet the body’s need for it from natural sources without turning _______ the salt bottle.
7. The surgeon decided that only a successful operation could ____ the patient ____.
A. bring up
B. bring down
C. bring about
D. bring through
8. The lawyer advised him to drop the ________, since he stands little chance to win.
9. The computer revolution may well change society as _____________ as did the Industrial Revolution.
10. Without proper lessons, you could _______ a lot of bad habits when playing the piano.
A. keep up
B. pick up
C. draw up
D. catch up
11. He always did well at school _______ having to do part-time jobs every now and then.
A. in spite of
B. regardless of
C. on account of
D. to case of
12. You _____ an important detail in your report of the accident.
A. left aside
B. left alone
C. left off
D. left out
13. The first time the teacher explained the problem, only a few students _____.
A. caught up with
B. caught at
C. caught on
D. caught hold of
14. It is important that the hotel receptionist _______ that guests are registered correctly.
A. has made sure
B. made sure
C. must make sure
D. make sure
15. I’d _____________ his reputation with other farmers and business people in the community, and then make a decision about whether or not to approve a loan.
A. take into account
B. account for
C. make up for
D. make out
16. Do you know ____ the population of China is?
A. how many
B. how much
17. In Britain people _____________ four million tons of potatoes every year.
18. Many people want to buy it because, ____, the price is reasonable; ____, it‘s rather durable.
A. on one side, on the other side
B. for one thing, for another
C. on the one hand, on the other hand
D. in one part, in the other part
19. ______________ she realized it was too late to go home.
A. No sooner it grew dark than
B. Hardly did it grow dark that
C. Scarcely had it grown dark than
D. It was not until dark that
20. But for your help, we ____ the work as scheduled.
A. could not finish
B. would not have finished
C. would have finished
D. could have finished
21. By the time you get to New York, I ________ for London.
A. would be leaving
B. am leaving
C. have already left
D. shall have left
22. That young man still denies _______ the fire behind the store.
B. to start
C. having started
D. to have started
23. _____________ in this way, the situation doesn’t seem so disappointing.
A. To look at
B. Looking at
C. Looked at
D. To be looked at
24. I’ll never forget _______ you for the first time.
A. to meet
C. to have met
D. having to be meeting
25. She cooked the meat for a long time so as to make it _____________ enough to eat.
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看，没有帐号？会员注册